Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think I have fixed the Ai for more realism

+5
TemplarGFX
nfmz1
John J. Stevens
TheGeneral
gtaekwondo33
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Think I have fixed the Ai for more realism - Page 2 Empty Re: Think I have fixed the Ai for more realism

Post by gtaekwondo33 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 23:40

So what I have in mind is to make a fare and balanced ai. I would like to have them use tactics and use weapons like there supposed to be used . The current UAI2011 has the weapon part, but as I have said before I really notice that the marine Ai really get there but handed to them by enemy Ai. I believe that the UAI2011 was more for enemy then the marine Ai, I would like to fix that. I would like to make the AI on both sides smarter and use smart tactics. Thanks
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Think I have fixed the Ai for more realism - Page 2 Empty Re: Think I have fixed the Ai for more realism

Post by TemplarGFX Wed 20 Feb 2013, 23:04

When I originally made these modifications, there was no bias between one side over the other as far as changes go. I simply edited everything with a blanket approach.

However during the weeks of tweaking and testing of course, many things were changed on one side or the other, that may be the root cause of the unbalancing you see.

One thing I did notice during this time was that the PLA and there effectiveness relies MUCH more heavily on the weapons you spawn them with. Some of their squads have TERRIBLE weapon combos, and they just get owned. However some of the other squads have incredibly powerful weapon combos and kick opposing AI butt every time. Make sure this is not what you are attempting to fix via code.

I am incredibly busy in real life, but I will try and drop by when I can. Ask any questions about the AI files, or the database and I will answer

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:37

I thought there was a nicely commented AIconfig file already published - I haven't been able to find it - still that might be the logical place for us to start instead of getting deep into AI Theory 101 which i would love to see discussed.

The issue most of us were dealing with was either balancing the AICONFIG for best all round cover and do the scenario tweaking in the more configurable UAI21 approach used in code. Allowing the designer should be able to throttle the AI stuff for the appropriate mission scenario.

One other thing that maybe you can shed light on - are the code-able AI attributes initialized ONLY at the beginning of the game or can the attributes be changed during the mission or prior to each new spawn. My gut thinks they are more global and initialized only once.

TJ has done a masterful job in creating a throttled THREAT experience in code but it seems this should be achievable in the AIconfig values if we knew how it works with the core engine.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 19:55

So I wonder how it will be now ...Till we see a new Ai seeing that none of us know the code that was used to produce the first one. We also know now form all the testing that the Ai is need of re balancing..
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 21 Feb 2013, 20:50

gtaekwondo33 wrote:So I wonder how it will be now ...Till we see a new Ai seeing that none of us know the code that was used to produce the first one. We also know now form all the testing that the Ai is need of re balancing..

what you could do is check the file that I suggested for the weapon target selection and put all the values to nil and the methodically go from scratch and adjust them to suit a relatively decent configuration. Just an idea!

As far as I could make out that is exactly what Templar did to adjust the AI in the first place and start form a blank sheet in a way.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 21:11

but didnt he say the morale effects a lot of how the ai react and take cover and so on...so should the focus be on morale an aiconfig file
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 21:34

ok Im going to show you what I see here in weapon target selection in the code I dont think understand on what to change here I tried priority but nothing came from that so please give me a example for this code thanks

Code:
<weapon name='sa12m16a4'>
      <priorities>
        <priority value='infantry'/>
        <priority value='light vehicle'/>
        <priority value='light armour'/>
        <priority value='air vehicle'/>
      </priorities>
      <suppression priority='6'/>
      <ammolist>
        <ammo name=''>
          <mycategories>
            <mycategory id='0'>  <!-- Weapon Effectiveness -->
              <value id='0' data='80'/> <!-- Infantry -->
              <value id='1' data='70'/> <!-- light vehicle -->
              <value id='2' data='-1000'/> <!-- light armour -->
              <value id='3' data='-1000'/> <!-- heavy armour -->
              <value id='4' data='40'/> <!-- air vehicle -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='1'> <!-- Range effectiveness -->
              <value id='0' data='50'/> <!-- 1m -->
              <value id='1' data='100'/> <!-- 6.25m -->
              <value id='2' data='130'/> <!-- 16m -->
              <value id='3' data='120'/> <!-- 36m -->
              <value id='4' data='120'/> <!-- 64m -->
              <value id='5' data='100'/> <!-- 100m -->
              <value id='6' data='70'/> <!-- 144m -->
              <value id='7' data='25'/> <!-- 225m -->
              <value id='8' data='10'/> <!-- 400m -->
              <value id='9' data='-40'/> <!-- 900m -->
              <value id='10' data='-100'/> <!-- 1600m -->
              <value id='11' data='-500'/> <!-- 2500m -->
              <value id='12' data='-10000'/> <!-- 3600m -->
              <value id='13' data='-10000'/> <!-- 4900m -->
              <value id='14' data='-10000'/> <!-- 8100m -->
              <value id='15' data='-10000'/> <!-- 12100m -->
              <value id='16' data='-10000'/> <!-- 22500m -->
              <value id='17' data='-10000'/> <!-- 40000m -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='2'> <!-- Target Priority Levels (leave all 0)-->
              <value id='0' data='0'/> <!-- primary -->
              <value id='1' data='0'/> <!-- secondary -->
              <value id='2' data='0'/> <!-- tertiary -->
              <value id='3' data='0'/> <!-- none -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='3'> <!-- Combat Situation Effectiveness -->
              <value id='0' data='-10'/> <!-- engaged -->
              <value id='1' data='-20'/> <!-- multiple engaged -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='4'> <!-- Weapon Preference in Suppressed Situations -->
              <value id='0' data='0'/> <!-- pinned -->
              <value id='1' data='10'/> <!-- suppressed -->
              <value id='2' data='20'/> <!-- unsuppressed -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='5'> <!-- Weapon Prefence in Cover Situations -->
              <value id='0' data='-20'/> <!-- in cover -->
              <value id='1' data='0'/> <!-- not in cover -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='6'> <!-- Line of Sight Requirements -->
              <value id='0' data='200'/> <!-- line of sight -->
              <value id='1' data='-300'/> <!-- no line of sight -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='7'> <!-- Attacking Target Priority Adjustment -->
              <value id='0' data='40'/> <!-- target engaging me -->
              <value id='1' data='20'/> <!-- target engaging my echelon -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='8'> <!-- Target Distance Priority Adjustment -->
              <value id='0' data='20'/> <!-- nearest target -->
              <value id='1' data='-40'/> <!-- furthest target -->
            </mycategory>
            <mycategory id='9'> <!-- Ammo Level Effectiveness Adjustment -->
              <value id='0' data='-1000'/> <!-- out of ammo -->
              <value id='1' data='-30'/> <!-- low on ammo -->
            </mycategory>
          </mycategories>
        </ammo>
      </ammolist>
    </weapon>
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Thu 21 Feb 2013, 22:07

Sorry perhaps I missed what it is you are attempting to balance.

Give me an exact question like "how do I make infantry not switch to pistol in close range" or something like that. I am a little confused as to exactly what you want to acheive.

Also, I dont currently have DR installed. If you pass me the AI files, I will comment them with my thoughts and knowledge for you

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 22:35

Templar I want to balance both marine and pla out..PLa from my test have just given the marine a but whipping every time. What do you suggest I do to make both sides even ...The weapontargetselection file I tried messing with I have no idea on which way to go with it is the higher the number or lesser the number the way...That why I gave a example in last post...here is the Aiconfig file ...ps same thing goes with Aiconfig which way is best thanks......................................

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- This is the overall configuration for the game. Properties in this file affect everyone on the project. -->

<!-- Only edit this file to effect global changes to everyone's build -->
-<config> -<configset name="SightSensor">
<!-- all in 24h clock -->
 <property name="DawnStartHour" value="4"/> <property name="DayStartHour" value="8"/> <property name="DuskStartHour" value="19"/> <property name="NightStartHour" value="21"/>
<!-- until dawn o'clock -->

<!-- Base sight values -->
 <property name="baseDetectionDistance" value="150"/>
<!-- Unused?? -->
 <property name="peripheralVisionDistance" value="115"/> <property name="centralVisionDistance" value="200"/> <property name="peripheralVisionAngle" value="1.74532925"/>
<!-- in Radians -->
 <property name="centralVisionAngle" value="1.0471975"/>
<!-- in Radians -->

<!-- Player controlled base values -->
 <property name="p_peripheralVisionDistance" value="115"/> <property name="p_centralVisionDistance" value="250"/> <property name="p_peripheralVisionAngle" value="1.74532925"/>
<!-- in Radians -->
 <property name="p_centralVisionAngle" value="0.785398163"/>
<!-- 45 degrees in Radians -->

<!-- if unit is not in combat, reduce peripheral and central vision cones by this distance -->
 <property name="outOfCombatReduction" value="0.8"/>
<!-- Modifiers to specify visible distances for soldiers inside vehicles, out and about etc -->
 -<configset name="Crew Modifiers">
<!-- Normal vision, soldier is not inside a vehicle -->
 -<configset name="No modifier"> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="1.0"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="1.0"/> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="1.0"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="1.0"/> </configset>
<!-- Commander - buttoned state -->
 -<configset name="Commander Buttoned"> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="1.2"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="1.5"/> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="1.5"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="0.75"/> </configset>
<!-- Driver - buttoned state -->
 -<configset name="Driver Buttoned"> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="1.2"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="1.5"/> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="0.65"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="1.0"/> </configset>
<!-- Gunner buttoned -->
 -<configset name="Gunner Buttoned"> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="1.2"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="1.5"/> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="4.0"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="1.0"/> </configset>
<!-- DESIGN NOTE: Max sighting range of the gunner versus infantry is pegged at 1000m -->

<!-- Commander - unbuttoned state -->
 -<configset name="Commander Unbuttoned"> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="1.2"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="1.5"/> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="1.0"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="1.0"/> </configset>
<!-- Driver - unbuttoned state -->
 -<configset name="Driver Unbuttoned"> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="1.2"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="1.5"/> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="1.0"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="1.0"/> </configset>
<!-- Gunner unbuttoned -->
 -<configset name="Gunner Unbuttoned"> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="1.2"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="1.5"/> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="1.0"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="1.0"/> </configset> </configset>
<!-- Equipment enhancements which modify how far units can see -->
 -<configset name="Equipment Modifiers">
<!-- Scope/Binoculars x10 -->
 -<configset name="Optical x10"> <property name="centralRangeModifier" value="3.5"/> <property name="centralAngleModifier" value="0.5"/> <property name="peripheralRangeModifier" value="0.0"/> <property name="peripheralAngleModifier" value="0.0"/> </configset>
<!-- all other scopes and bin zoom settings will merge between the 1.0 value and the 10x value linearly, based on zoom level -->

<!-- for instance, a 10x central range modifier of 4.0 will mean a 5x zoom will use a 2.5 multiplier (1.0 + (5/10)*(4.0-1.0)) -->

<!-- note that since changing the maximum magnification of scopes to x8, this value is now calibrated to provide a range vs. infantry -->

<!-- of 1250m, so that a x8 scape will pro-rata this value to 1000m, our practical maximum detection/order range against infantry -->
 </configset>
<!-- Filter enhancements which modify what units can see in different environmental conditions -->
 -<configset name="Enhancement Modifiers"> -<configset name="No filter"> <property name="Day" value="1.0"/> <property name="Night" value="0.4"/> </configset> -<configset name="Night vision"> <property name="Day" value="0.8"/> <property name="Night" value="0.6"/> </configset> -<configset name="Thermal vision"> <property name="Day" value="1.0"/> <property name="Night" value="1.0"/> <property name="raycastFilter" value="1"/> </configset>
<!-- DESIGN NOTE: Thermal vision is unaffected by time of day, which is why it is set to 1.0 -->
 </configset> -<configset name="Proximity">
<!-- create a fall-off shell around the soldier, so further away we can run slightly faster and not be detected -->
 <property name="minDist" value="0"/> <property name="minSpeed" value="2.5"/> <property name="maxSpeed" value="5.0"/> <property name="maxDist" value="3"/> </configset> </configset> -<configset name="DetectionMeter">
<!-- A detection meter is held by each unit. It is represented by a single number, ranging from 0 to maxValue. When an enemy sees the unit, they add valueIncrement*(some multiplier) to the meter. Passing the thresholds moves the detection meter from the undetected state to suspected then detected. As the unit walks, the detection meter drops again. FalloffDistance dictates how far the unit has to walk, in meters, to completely clear the detection meter back to 0. -->
 <property name="valueIncrement" value="4"/> <property name="maxValue" value="21"/> <property name="suspectedThreshold" value="7"/> <property name="detectedThreshold" value="14"/> <property name="falloffDistance" value="55"/>
<!-- meters -->
 </configset> -<configset name="Bullet_Sensor"> -<configset name="Soldier"> <property name="suppressedLimit" value="6.0"/> <property name="unsuppressedLimit" value="4.0"/> <property name="pinnedOnTime" value="12000"/> <property name="pinnedOffTime" value="2000"/> <property name="suppressionFadePPS" value="0.2"/> <property name="ceilingLimitAfterSuppression" value="2.0"/>
<!--The value added to the underFire meter when ever a bullet whizzes past-->
 <property name="underFireValue" value="20.0"/>
<!--The maximum value of the underFire meter-->
 <property name="underFireMax" value="60.0"/>
<!--The amount the under fire meter reduces per second -->
 <property name="underFireFadePPS" value="6.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="Vehicle">
<!--This value represents the lowest value that the underfire counter can be when bullets are incoming-->

<!-- i.e. when the first bullet comes in the counter will be set to this value and will have to count back to 0.-->
 <property name="underFireBase" value="5.0"/>
<!--The highest value that the under fire counter can achieve-->
 <property name="underFireLimit" value="30.0"/>
<!--The rate that the under fire counter decays per second.-->
 <property name="underFireFadePPS" value="2.0"/>
<!--The value that the under fire counter needs to reach for the vehicle to be marked as "under fire"-->
 <property name="underFireThreshold" value="9.0"/> </configset> </configset> -<configset name="Command"> -<configset name="Default"> <property name="coverSearchRadius" value="40.0"/> <property name="useCoverSearchRadiusAfterMoveTo" value="true"/> <property name="moveCloserDistance" value="120.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="suppress"> <property name="coverSearchRadius" value="15.0"/> <property name="useCoverSearchRadiusAfterMoveTo" value="true"/> </configset> -<configset name="moveto"> <property name="coverSearchRadius" value="10.0"/> <property name="useCoverSearchRadiusAfterMoveTo" value="true"/> </configset> -<configset name="repair"> <property name="moveCloserDistance" value="70.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="mount"> <property name="moveCloserDistance" value="70.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="assaultbuilding"> <property name="moveCloserDistance" value="70.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="followformation"> <property name="coverSearchRadius" value="30.0"/> <property name="useCoverSearchRadiusAfterMoveTo" value="true"/> </configset> -<configset name="followelement"> <property name="coverSearchRadius" value="20.0"/> <property name="useCoverSearchRadiusAfterMoveTo" value="true"/> </configset> -<configset name="followsimple"> <property name="coverSearchRadius" value="40.0"/> <property name="useCoverSearchRadiusAfterMoveTo" value="true"/> </configset> </configset> -<configset name="Follow"> <property name="DistMatchLeaderStance" value="40.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="ROE">
<!-- Time in milliseconds to allow return fire for -->
 <property name="ReturnFireTime" value="6000"/>
<!-- Return fire is allowed if allies within this dist are underfire -->
 <property name="ReturnFireAllyDistCheck" value="60"/> </configset> -<configset name="DispersionAccuracy">
<!-- Modifiers used when modifying the DR value for AI -->
 -<configset name="Modifiers">
<!-- Base modifier value -->
 <property name="Base" value="1.0"/>
<!-- Experience level modifiers -->
 -<configset name="Experience"> <property name="Green" value="2.0"/> <property name="Regular" value="1.0"/> <property name="Veteran" value="0.5"/> <property name="Elite" value="0.1"/> </configset>
<!-- Suppression state modifiers -->
 -<configset name="Suppression"> <property name="Unsuppressed" value="0.0"/> <property name="UnderFire" value="0.6"/> <property name="Suppressed" value="1.2"/> <property name="Pinned" value="1.5"/> </configset>
<!-- Morale state modifiers -->
 -<configset name="Morale"> <property name="FullMorale" value="0.0"/> <property name="MoraleLowering" value="0.2"/> <property name="MoraleFailing" value="0.3"/> <property name="MoraleBreaking" value="1.1"/> <property name="MoraleBroken" value="1.4"/> <property name="NoMorale" value="0.8"/> </configset>
<!-- Modifier to use when the AI is aiming specifically at a player (as opposed to another AI) -->
 <property name="AimingAtPlayer" value="1.0"/> </configset> </configset>
<!-- DESIGN NOTE: These values have been set so that vehicles are detected at 750m, which is the distance to the low terrain LoD. Note that vehicle max LoD distance is 1000m at the time of writing -->
 -<configset name="SightSensorModifiers"> <property name="SoftJeep" value="2.0"/> <property name="SoftTruck" value="2.0"/> <property name="SoftAmmoTruck" value="2.0"/> <property name="SoftFuelTruck" value="2.0"/> <property name="SoftHumvee" value="2.0"/> <property name="AmphibAPCWheel" value="2.0"/> <property name="AmphibArmouredWheel" value="2.0"/> <property name="AmphibAPCTrack" value="2.0"/> <property name="AmphibArmouredTrack" value="2.0"/> <property name="APCWheel" value="2.0"/> <property name="APCTrack" value="2.0"/> <property name="HeavyTrackedVehicle" value="2.0"/> <property name="Helicopter" value="4.0"/> <property name="Aircraft" value="4.0"/> <property name="Boat" value="2.0"/>
 <!-- SOLDIER STANCE changes perception distances -->
 <property name="EProne" value="0.8"/> <property name="ECrouching" value="0.90"/> <property name="EStanding" value="2.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="TargetSelectionController"> <property name="RejectionThreshold" value="-400"/> <property name="SwapScoreBuffer" value="10"/>
<!-- new targets must score this value better than incumbent targets to avoid flickering -->
 <property name="SuppressScoreValue" value="300"/>
<!-- if suppressing, targets must score over this value to override suppression -->
 <property name="DangerZoneRadius" value="40"/>
<!-- radius around unit to search for dangerously close enemies -->
 <property name="UpdateInterval" value="700"/>
<!-- af: shouldn't be needed for latest code, remove soon -->
 </configset> -<configset name="LineOfFireSensor"> <property name="LineOfFireObscuredTime" value="2000"/> <property name="RangeLimitModifier" value="1.0"/>
<!-- Modifier to range at which line of fire is allowed (based on perception range) -->
 </configset> -<configset name="Feedback"> <property name="GrantedRequestHistory" value="30"/>
<!-- how many recent freedback requests do we remember? -->
 <property name="GrantedRequestLifetimeMS" value="5000"/>
<!-- how long do we remember a request for? -->
 <property name="SpamRequestHistory" value="30"/>
<!-- increase this number to record more recent requests -->
 <property name="SpamRequestLifetimeMS" value="500"/>
<!-- increase this number to reduce potential spamming -->

<!-- Feedback request pools -->
 <property name="SimpleFeedbackRequestPool" value="32"/> <property name="InjuryFeedbackRequestPool" value="16"/> <property name="SoldierDownFeedbackRequestPool" value="8"/> <property name="TargetSpottedFeedbackRequestPool" value="32"/> <property name="ScriptSpeechRequestPool" value="16"/> <property name="GridRefOrderFeedbackRequestPool" value="32"/> <property name="GenericOrderFeedbackRequestPool" value="45"/> <property name="TargetOrderFeedbackRequestPool" value="8"/> <property name="VehicleTargetOrderFeedbackRequestPool" value="8"/> <property name="VehicleTargetAcknowledgeFeedbackRequestPool" value="8"/> <property name="HQOrderFeedbackRequestPool" value="4"/> <property name="PlaceholderOffboardSupportRequestPool" value="8"/> <property name="CorpseReportRequestPool" value="4"/> <property name="GrenadeWarningFeedbackRequestPool" value="4"/> <property name="DecoratorRequestPool" value="8"/> <property name="EnemyDownFeedbackRequestPool" value="16"/> </configset> -<configset name="HearingSensor">
<!-- mutiply the roll-off value by this multiplier -->
 <property name="ScoreBaseMultiplier" value="28"/>
<!-- any score below this value is too insignificant to pay attention to -->
 <property name="ScoreCutoff" value="6"/> <property name="MinRandomLookAtMilliseconds" value="8000"/> <property name="MaxRandomLookAtMilliseconds" value="12000"/>
<!-- when a target is heard (speaking, firing) at less than this distance, he becomes detected as well as the look-at hint -->
 <property name="CriticalDetectionDistance" value="60"/> </configset> -<configset name="BodyController">
<!-- Enables turn to look at lookhint code -->
 <property name="TurnToLookHints" value="true"/> </configset> -<configset name="Distances"> <property name="EchelonShareSuspectedThreatRadius" value="50.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="TargetSensor"> <property name="MidRangeDistance" value="100.0"/> <property name="LongRangeDistance" value="450.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="Doctrine">
<!-- time in seconds to drop a doctrine level -->
 <property name="Timeout" value="90"/> </configset> -<configset name="SoldierMedicSensor"> <property name="RunAwayFailDistance" value="30.0"/> </configset> -<configset name="WeaponUsage"> -<configset name="Grenade"> <property name="FragMinRange" value="10.0"/> <property name="FragMaxRange" value="60.0"/> </configset> </configset> -<configset name="Strength"> <property name="UNIT_SENIOROFFICER" value="5"/> <property name="UNIT_PLATOONLEADER" value="5"/> <property name="UNIT_SQUADLEADER" value="11"/> <property name="UNIT_FTLEADER" value="10"/> <property name="UNIT_RIFLEMAN" value="10"/> <property name="UNIT_GRENADIER" value="10"/> <property name="UNIT_MEDIC" value="10"/> <property name="UNIT_MACHINEGUNNER" value="15"/> <property name="UNIT_ATSPECIALIST" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_MORTARGUNNER" value="18"/> <property name="UNIT_AASPECIALIST" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_JAVELINGUNNER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SNIPER" value="15"/> <property name="UNIT_ENGINEER" value="10"/> <property name="UNIT_FWDOBSERVER" value="10"/> <property name="UNIT_AFVCOMMANDER" value="5"/> <property name="UNIT_AFVCREWMAN" value="5"/> <property name="UNIT_TRUCKCREW" value="1"/> <property name="UNIT_HELICOPTERPILOT" value="5"/> <property name="UNIT_DOORGUNNER" value="15"/> <property name="UNIT_JETPILOT" value="5"/> <property name="UNIT_SFLEADER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFRIFLEMAN" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFMACHINEGUNNER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFGRENADIER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFMEDIC" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFENGINEER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFFWDOBSERVER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFMORTARGUNNER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFAASPECIALIST" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SFSNIPER" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SOFTJEEP" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SOFTTRUCK" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SOFTAMMOTRUCK" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SOFTFUELTRUCK" value="20"/> <property name="UNIT_SOFTHUMVEE" value="50"/> <property name="UNIT_AMPHIBAPCWHEEL" value="100"/> <property name="UNIT_AMPHIBARMWHEEL" value="100"/> <property name="UNIT_AMPHIBAPCTRACK" value="150"/> <property name="UNIT_AMPHIBARMTRACK" value="200"/> <property name="UNIT_ARMWHEEL" value="100"/> <property name="UNIT_ARMTRACK" value="200"/> <property name="UNIT_APCWHEEL" value="100"/> <property name="UNIT_APCTRACK" value="200"/> <property name="UNIT_HEAVYTRACK" value="200"/> <property name="UNIT_HELICOPTER" value="250"/> <property name="UNIT_AIRCRAFT" value="80"/> <property name="UNIT_BOAT" value="90"/> <property name="UNIT_STATIC" value="60"/> </configset>
<!--This overlap is the extra to add to each conflict group when merging groups and calling for help -->
 -<configset name="ConflictGroup"> <property name="Overlap" value="60"/> </configset> -<configset name="PathFinding"> <property name="LandscapeHeuristicBias" value="1.5"/> </configset> -<configset name="Medic">
<!--The time that needs to pass before you can send another medic to heal when in combat. -->
 <property name="MedicIntervalTime" value="0"/>
<!--The time for the area base cooldown . 10000= 1 second-->
 <property name="NoHealingAreaCooldownTime" value="10000"/>
<!--The amount of time between a soldier becoming incapacitated and another soldier coming to heal.. 10000 = 1 second-->
 <property name="InitialNoHealingAreaCooldownTime" value="4000"/>
<!--The area around a injured unit that is marked as a no heal area.-->
 <property name="NoHealingAreaRadius" value="30.f"/>
<!--This flag determines when the no healing zone is created around the injured unit.-->

<!--If the flag is set to false then a no healing zone will be created around the soldier when another unit is given a command to heal him.-->

<!--If the flag is set to true then a no healing zone will be created when the AI agent has failed his healing commands...-->

<!--..The zone will only be created if the unit was within the zone radius when he failed the command. i.e. near the injured unit.-->
 <property name="CreateNoHealingAreaOnCommandFailure" value="true"/>
<!--The maximum distance that a unit must be from the injured AI unit for the AI to get him to heal..-->
 <property name="MaximumHealDistanceAI" value="200.f"/>
<!--The maximum distance that a unit must be from the injured player unit for the AI to get him to heal.-->
 <property name="MaximumHealDistancePlayer" value="200.f"/>
<!--The radius in which there must be friendly units in order to be selected to heal an injured unit-->
 <property name="AllieCheckRadius" value="40.f"/> <property name="AllyCheckRadius" value="40.f"/> </configset> </config>
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Thu 21 Feb 2013, 22:54

the file weapontargetselection is used by the units only to decide which of the weapons they are carrying is the best weapon for their current situation.

For example if they are carrying a sniper rifle, smg and pistol the values in that file will be used so that the unit uses the sniper rifle at long range, smg at medium range and pistol at very close range.

When you are testing what weapons are you giving each side? For example if you give the PLA a fully automatic weapon, but the US the M16 which only has burst fire. the US are going to get there asses kicked every time, unless you CRIPPLE the PLA.

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 23:33

I test my fixes on Ambush map plenty of cover and places to hide and so on...I did notice that when changed priority's in the weapon target selection file that the US stayed alive a little bit longer I changed the grenade launcher to priority 6...They used it more effectively...So Templar what file should the main focus be on AIconfig or Morale and how do I do this fix again not sure of which way numbers need to go to get improvement thanks....
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Thu 21 Feb 2013, 23:51

ok, I get what your doing now. weapontargetselection is where you want to edit, and unfortunately its the biggest and hardest file to edit due to the size and number of options.

When I have lunch today, I will write up an explenation of what does what in that file for you. then we can talk specifics after

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 00:21

OK sounds good...
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 22 Feb 2013, 00:31

I am so glad there is still an active interest in OFDR!!!! My hats off to you, TemplarGFX for your time and efforts in improving the AI!

My friend and I have clocked over 100 hours playing LAN co-op on Xbox 360 with just the 20-30 basic missions, and he's played another 100+ hours online with the PS3 (ranking in the top 300 globally), yet we have just finally started playing on PC.

While the prospect of making my own missions has me foaming at the mouth, neither my friend nor I can believe the world of difference between the AI on the console versions of DR and the PC version's AI. Playing on PC, with no AI mods, makes the console's AI seem slow, nearly retarded, and predictable. Has anyone else noticed this extreme imbalance?

It's bothering me enough to think about trying to live debug a 360 "devkit" and sniff out the values used on the consoles, at least for comparison.

Anyway, looking forward to sharpening my coding skills and helping the OFDR community!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 22 Feb 2013, 01:19

I do believe the AI tickrate on the 360 is almost half that of the PC. there is a config file which defines the different system values for PC, PS3 and 360. and you are most definately right. the 360 is worst of all, with a very low update rate on the AI, pathing, and a few other back-end areas.

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 22 Feb 2013, 01:36

Very interesting.....

So it seems I've been schooled on the amateur version Neutral

Time to start practicing more!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 22 Feb 2013, 02:11

mycategory0
This is how effective a particular weapon is to a unit type.
-1000 = weapon is completely ineffective
0 = weapon is neither effective or ineffective
1000 = weapon will always be used regardless of all other considerations against this type

with the exception of the limits, the numbers you enter in these can be up to you. the key is to make these appropriate to other weapons. if that makes sense. for example you need to make sure that an smg has a higher infantry value than a pistol, but a lower infantry value than an assault rifle.

mycategory1
This is how effective a weapon is at given ranges.
-1000 impossible to use at this range
0 neither effective or ineffective at this range
1000 absolutely the best possible weapon ever at this range
just like above, the values you set inside the limits needs to match other weapons. a pistol is better at short range than a sniper rifle, but not as good as an smg. And a rocket launcher should never be used at close range.

mycategory2
dont bother playing with these, how a unit decides what is a primary, secondary and tertiary target is unknown

mycategory3
How effective a weapon is in different situations.
same limits as the other categories.
slow reloads or single shot weapons are not very effective when engaged by multiple enemies.
For example, a sniper rifle would have a low engaged number (like -100) and really low multiple engaged (-1000 imo) as a sniper rifle is meant to be used when you are engaging enemies, not the other way around.

mycategory4
How effective a weapon is when being fired apon.
same limits again
this is a good category to use to help promote a certain weapon in different situations. such as making a sniper use his sniper rifle when not engaged (unsuppressed) or making a machine gunner use his MG when suppressed or pinned.

mycategory5
how effective a weapon is when in cover, or in the open.
same limits
pretty straight forward. for example if you dont want units to use missile launchers unless they are in cover, set not in cover to -1000

mycategory6
how much line of sight matters
same limits
for grenade launchers and tracked missiles line of site is not important. neither is it important for high powered sniper rifles that can shoot through cover.

mycategory7
how effective a weapon is at firing back at an enemy that is shooting at either the unit itself, or its echelon members.
as always, same limits
for example, an assault rifle or smg would be better at engaging an enemy fighting just the unit, but an MG would be better for targets engaging its echelon, to provide cover and suppression

mycategory8
target distance priority
this decides whether the weapon should be used to fire at distant targets before close targets, or vice versa
this one is a little hard to explain. a unit makes a table of all possible targets it knows about, and then orders them according to priority (threatknowledgev3 xml) and further devides them by distance. this controls which order the unit will engage them with its chosen weapon.

mycategory9
changes weapon effectiveness dependant on the amount of ammo left.
same limits
obviously weapons that require ammo would have -1000 for out of ammo. you would also have a very low setting for MG's with low ammo.

The key when modifying this file is that your changes must be accross the board for every weapon, which is where it gets tricky. it is not as simple as choosing the M16 and playing with its settings, those settings much appropriately match all other available weapons for it to act how you intend it.

when I modified this file, I made a list of every weapon, I then manually ordered them by how effective they are at ranges, came up with numbers for each weapon so that those values matched the ordering of the weapons I created, and then modified every weapon in the file with the values I chose. I did this for each category.

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 02:24

So do you think any of this should be tweaked or in your professional view is ok where it is...Which brings me to my next question should the Ai config file be redone so that the ai takes cover properly and use smart tactics...
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 22 Feb 2013, 02:49

Honestly this targetselection file is more likely to be the one you want to modify.

while I did a hell of alot of tweaking and testing on the AI stuff over 14 months, this file was given to me by Codemasters right at the end of the games life, and I did not do alot of balancing with it.

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 03:17

wow see its a big file omg if I send you a example could you send me back what you would put so that I get the general idea thanks....

Code:
      <priorities>
      </priorities>
      <ammolist>
        <ammo name=''>
          <mycategories>
              <value id='0' data='80'/> <!-- Infantry -->
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
              <value id='0' data='-10'/> <!-- engaged -->
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='10'/> <!-- suppressed -->
              <value id='2' data='20'/> <!-- unsuppressed -->
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='-300'/> <!-- no line of sight -->
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='20'/> <!-- target engaging my echelon -->
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='-30'/> <!-- low on ammo -->
            </mycategory>
          </mycategories>
        </ammo>
      </ammolist>
    </weapon>
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 22 Feb 2013, 03:25

Unfortunately like I said, changing just one weapon will not really have the effect you want. if you want to rebalance the ai via this file, you will need to modify every weapon so that the changes you set have the results you expect.

Code:
      <priorities>
      </priorities>
      <ammolist>
        <ammo name=''>
          <mycategories>
              <value id='0' data='120'/> <!-- Infantry -->
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
              <value id='0' data='50'/> <!-- engaged -->
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='0'/> <!-- suppressed -->
              <value id='2' data='30'/> <!-- unsuppressed -->
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='-500'/> <!-- no line of sight -->
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='0'/> <!-- target engaging my echelon -->
            </mycategory>
            </mycategory>
              <value id='1' data='0'/> <!-- low on ammo -->
            </mycategory>
          </mycategories>
        </ammo>
      </ammolist>
    </weapon>

but there you go anyway. I made a few modifications which I think are more appropriate for that weapon

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 04:04

hey thank you ...I learn by seeing and that helps me understand the general idea of this...Is there any thing in morale that should be changed or should I leave that alone..
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 22 Feb 2013, 04:12

moralevalues is actually one of the most important files in the ai system.

as you may (or may not) know, AI in DR use a book of moves and tactics. the book is split up into different morale states, so having units correctly set a morale according the situation there in goes a hell of a long way to making them act more appropriately for that situation.

this file needs some tweaking past where I got it to way back when. I erred on the side of caution when setting the modifiers, and the game may actually improve with harsher penalties to morale, something I never really tried.

for example, if you want unit experience to have a greater effect on gameplay, increase veteran and elite modifiers to a much higher value, like 5 or 10. this will make them much harder to break.

I would also try increasing the negative modifier for wounds so that getting shot has a quicker and harsher effect on morale.

the states in this file show you what level their morale needs to be below to trigger than state.

you are really making me want to play around with this again. perhaps we should chat live. got facebook?

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 04:40

question now that I have the idea what weapons are these I really have no clue thanks please say it is assault,sub,or any next to weapon names so I know how to go about changing for right tweak thanks

sa01qsz9
sa02meusoc
sa07qcw05
sa08qcw05a
sa09qcw05s
sa31qbz95
sa32qbz95m
sa33qbz95a
sa38qbb95
sa45type67ii
sa59m250cal
sa60qjc88
mw66qjc88
mw31m134wing
mw01m134mini
sa51m32
sa52qlz87b
sa53m21
sa54qbu88
sa57m99
sa61mk19
sa62lg3
hw02at4
mw13tow
hw05type2004
hw06pf98
mw04autous25
mw05auto30
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 04:41

Templar I do have facebook How can I find you
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum