Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Uprising

+7
JurekCello78
HomerPepsi
nfmz1
John J. Stevens
gtaekwondo33
TheGeneral
oANIMUSo
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Dragon Uprising - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragon Uprising

Post by TheGeneral Fri 31 Oct 2014, 14:45

Incoming Update!

JJ showed me a neat little trick last night on windows. The sniiping tool that everyone has, if you have windows that is?? has allowed me to take screen shots of the editor map as 2 grid squares, quite close in and get a good resolution of the island. This includes seeing building placements, and the patches of woodland and rock placement. This is mainly for making the roads, but its useful for the building locations too. 

I then pasted that into a new doc in PS and each 2 grid block I manage to grab using the snipping tool I puzzle place them back to gether in Photoshop. this then gives me the ability to use it as a satmap in Terrain builder. I then use the polyline tool and map out the roads. 

Got a ten by ten square block done so far, a stretch from the east end of the island right up to mount Stanovoy. So I reckon I can piec this together in about a 5 more hours. Without RL getting in the way which it will.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by WOLFkraut Sun 07 Dec 2014, 19:41

I'm not sure if this project is still being worked on, but I'd just like to chime in and say having Skira Island in Arma 3 and possibly even a recreation of the DR campaign would be awesome!

Sure, it still wouldn't be DR, but most everyone I know plays Arma 3 these days and it would be fun to travel Skira once more with them. Plus, Skira is just a unique setting and a quality build could really provide some of the more wooded terrain that Arma 3 lacks.

WOLFkraut

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sun 07 Dec 2014, 20:57

its still in the works don't worry. Wink
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WOLFkraut Tue 09 Dec 2014, 04:50

Mdog wrote:its still in the works don't worry. Wink

That's awesome to hear! It really has a lot of potential, in my humble opinion. If you could even manage to get some custom buildings, flora and scenery in there, it could possibly be the best custom map in Arma 3.

WOLFkraut

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Fri 12 Dec 2014, 09:25

That has been our thinking and we know that some of the hardcores would find it an affront but ARMA is such a free-form world, that it should be easy to carve out a segment of people that want to focus on task oriented missions.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 12 Dec 2014, 10:43

My goal is creating the island. Making look better and more diverse than the CM version. 

At this stage i'm not worried about interface, squad control or missions based ideas. There's plenty of people out there that can do that one the island is done. When its finished it'll go to the masses to use as their playground.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4