Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014

+12
dewi316
Morieza
tvig0r0us
simcardo
Regg
TheGeneral
rodrigofonseca
nfmz1
pyhunter101
Sayjimwoo
JurekCello78
HomerPepsi
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: [SP/Coop] This Is War 2014

Post by nfmz1 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 14:34

Hey Dewi saw you in TS yesterday but AFTER you showed. I will be there today now for a couple hours working on stuff and tonight off and on.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 Sat 04 Jan 2014, 20:42

Upto 81% now.Multiple start points working fine.Only posting this to let you know that the PLA defence asset at Borosovka is in the air.If you move it slightly to the right (east when looking at map) to get it off the bottom of the ramp it will be on the ground instead of being 2 or 3 feet in the air.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 04 Jan 2014, 21:00

pyhunter101 wrote:Upto 81% now.Multiple start points working fine.Only posting this to let you know that the PLA defence asset at Borosovka is in the air.If you move it slightly to the right (east when looking at map) to get it off the bottom of the ramp it will be on the ground instead of being 2 or 3 feet in the air.
That's a bummer.  It must have been moved accidentally at some point.  That was one of those spots I had to test for placement to get the thing in the right spot.  Thanks for the report.  I'll have to start a todo list.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 Sun 05 Jan 2014, 16:28

Finished game last night, ended up just south of Mitsulevka this time at 90%. I'll play this a lot more now I know I can complete without some sort of DR crash stopping me.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_neutron Thu 16 Jan 2014, 02:35

I've been using these forums for quite a while now and realized that Mdog's frustrations with a lack of activity on the boards was partially due to me... so I finally registered.  And now I am posting. 

That said - I just wanted to thank everyone here for the good information and especially to tvig0r0us for the awesome mods.  Me and my friends are really enjoying the new This is War 2.6.  We usually play This or SLT Endgame (but we tend to get crashes more often with that) although both are great fun.  So, I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the info and mods.  We often wish that this game had been better supported by the developer.  However, the modders have kept the game alive and progressing. 

Thanks all...

mr_neutron

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 16 Jan 2014, 12:56

mr_neutron wrote:I've been using these forums for quite a while now and realized that Mdog's frustrations with a lack of activity on the boards was partially due to me... so I finally registered.  And now I am posting. 

That said - I just wanted to thank everyone here for the good information and especially to tvig0r0us for the awesome mods.  Me and my friends are really enjoying the new This is War 2.6.  We usually play This or SLT Endgame (but we tend to get crashes more often with that) although both are great fun.  So, I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the info and mods.  We often wish that this game had been better supported by the developer.  However, the modders have kept the game alive and progressing. 

Thanks all...

Thanks for taking the time to register and post.  I'm glad you're enjoying your time with the game and we always appreciate community participation.  I know that there are issues regarding coop play that cause problems in these larger, timer intensive missions.  It's unfortunate that you're getting more crashes in SLT because, as I've said in the past, I feel like that mission epitomizes my vision for the ultimate strategic game play.  If you don't mind taking the time to look, there should be a log file in the SLT Endgame folder.  If you could post that for me at the end of the SLT thread, maybe I can figure out a way to prevent the frequent crashes.

In any case, thank you for stopping by and playing!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_neutron Fri 17 Jan 2014, 03:03

tvig0r0us, what is the name of the log file?  Also, does it log by default?  I don't think I have enabled logging if it requires that.  I found a debug file called sosltdebug.txt in the SLT Endgame folder in missions.  It doesn't seem to have any dump info though - seems to have timer info.

As for SLT Endgame, we really love it and prefer the action.  I agree that this really requires strategy.  We tend to play the free roam rather than missions though.  I tried to mod it to start closer to shore and could modify the mission but didn't quite understand how campaigns use missions.  I'll keep digging on that though since my friends asked if I could customize their loadouts.  I can do that for missions but am missing something on understanding campaigns. 

Thanks for any info on the log file - I'll definitely post it if I find it.

mr_neutron

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Mon 20 Jan 2014, 13:27

...for anyone who didn't know yet,
try this:

This Is War - close quarter battle
http://www.moddb.com/mods/this-is-war/downloads/this-is-war-cqb-v102
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 10:41

I've just completed the mission and would like to restart,  I've been using the Hotkeys to save my progress, When I try to start a new mission or campaign the mission starts me at my last save 87%. I've deleted all my campaign saves and tried a fresh campaign restart still with the same results.  Basically I'm looking to reset the mission from zero. Other than this Cracking mission  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 28 Feb 2014, 21:21

dewi316 wrote:I've just completed the mission and would like to restart,  I've been using the Hotkeys to save my progress, When I try to start a new mission or campaign the mission starts me at my last save 87%. I've deleted all my campaign saves and tried a fresh campaign restart still with the same results.  Basically I'm looking to reset the mission from zero. Other than this Cracking mission  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  ⭐w
Hi dewi.  To reset the mission, go to the This is War in your missions and delete the file with esave in the name.  That should do the trick Wink

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Barney Wed 05 Mar 2014, 22:21

Hello. Great to see a OFDR forum still around.

tvig0r0us, I swear you somehow managed to make OFDR actually play looking like Codemasters original concept artwork ...

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014 - Page 4 Pic2

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014 - Page 4 Opflash2-01

[size=12.800000190734863]Been playing 2.5. Just me and the AI. Is it worth updating to 2.6 ? Is 2.6 only Coop fixes ?[/size]

So thanks for the mod !

DJ Barney

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 18:30

I would say update to the new version2.6, no harm in running the latest version. Then again I am a little bit biased towards the best mod mission  Laughing
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Barney Fri 07 Mar 2014, 12:26

I just wiped the old version and started again. No point in causing any problems with old saved versions. The new house lighting, hearth fires and smoke is great ! Looks like the locals ran off .. no wonder with all the chaos going on. Only thing I noticed is lack of desire of enemy to use attack choppers. I saw an enemy sitting in one at the Fuel Depot but he never took off.

DJ Barney

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:48

I just notice, when frequently using land vehicle,
I think this mission need more PLA AT soldier (replace rifleman/sniper).

...need more "punishment" for US land vehicle units.
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Tue 01 Jul 2014, 18:06

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick update regarding the current state of This is War. I've been pecking away making many minor adjustments here and there. I've gone and made a major adjustment as well and along with the help of dewi316 the battle intensity is now increased by several fold. I think I have just about finalized my tweaks and plan to release the mission in the not so distant future as This is War v2.7... which will be the final release of this is war v2.

Now for the kicker. I've been testing a new spawning and entity management system and working through an all new concept that pits the sides against each other in a territorial conflict that adds a very new mechanic to the way ground is conquered. While the concept is still in its initial stages, the progress is very promising and will eventually yield what I'm going to call This is War v3. I'm taking a coop minded approach to building this mission since all previous versions were originated from a single player perspective and coop added in at a later point. This time around the mission will be specifically tailored for coop play with optimizations all the way around to make network play smooth and crash free.

Stay tuned for updates and teasers, as well as possible test missions that will implement smaller parts of the big picture in real scenarios to test the envelope a bit. I'm really excited to have dewi316 along with me in the development of the mission and invite any suggestions and input as we embark on chapter 3 of what has become the most downloaded OFDR mission on moddb with over 2250 downloads and counting.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 03:37

is....waiting.....

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Wed 09 Jul 2014, 03:54

I know  Embarassed I have been so wrapped up in this new project that I have totally neglected to get the finishing touches on and post 2.7. If you haven't already seen this, check it out. What is coming will absolutely blow you away, literally Wink I'll try to wrangle my excitement for the new project and honor my word for v2.7. I promise this, when you get to play with the things I've been working on, you will know why I'm distracted.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 19 Jul 2014, 14:19

At long last, I've put together something worth sharing!! This is going to be the last version of This is War 2 as there are some major things in the works that I plan to use to create This is War 3. For the OFDR faithful and in tribute to your continued support for this game, I give you...
This Is War v2.8
The final edition

There are so many changes under the hood that I've lost track so I'm not even going to try to post a change log. I'll just leave it at this... the battle is epic like it has never been before. I really hope you all enjoy it and don't experience a lot of crashing. I'll warn you of this, SAVE OFTEN!! Due to the increased entity presence in the game you may experience a couple of crashes here and there.

Download This Is War v2.8 here!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Sat 19 Jul 2014, 14:25

Great!!! Smile
Thank you, downloaded and going to test as soon as I'll be able to.  cheers
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Sat 19 Jul 2014, 16:45

Woww, thank you !!,
downloading now...

edit:
OMG, did you read my mind ?,
a couple days ago while I playing templar's East to West, I wish the next This Is War will have "east to west" too,
and now my wish come true...
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Sat 19 Jul 2014, 19:57

Hi tvig', once again thanks for This is War 2.8

btw, about your uploaded file, the profile in it is near complete campaign,
it will confuse new user (someone who new to This Is War).

I think you should delete file Combat player.txtCombat tvigdewi.txt,This Is War tvigdewi Campaign Data.lua in folder \This Is war, and the name in profile.txt should be player or else.

Also please include Readme.txt and ofpdr-hotkeys.exe file, explain how to clean reset the campaign (delete txt/lua or change profile) and how to use the hotkey (at least),
but I hope you could write more words/explanation like you did in SLT Endgame r7 readme, it helps a new user.

edit:
My first attempt:
I got ambushed by enemy on earlier time near the first base, overwhelmed, outnumbered, so I decided to retreat, then when I reach the base ...blam! their BMP3 destroy my humvee, kill all my man, then I got killed by their sniper.

The new epic battle had already been started,
I didn't notice that...

Cheers
Razz
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sun 20 Jul 2014, 03:01

I realized that I did not clear the file before I zipped it all up. I'll reupload. Sorry to all that already downloaded it. I'll have to create some instructions for the mission as well. Thanks morieza.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sun 20 Jul 2014, 06:22

Sorry for the confusion. The fresh start campaign has been uploaded. OP updated as well.

Download This Is War v2.8 here!!

Instructions will be coming soon.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:10

This Is War v2.8 has at long last been uploaded to moddb. The download page includes instructions on resetting the campaign file as well. I will update here soon, but in the meantime, drop by and check it out here.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:04

added a blurb about it on our facebook page. I'll be posting screens and some gameplay on there as well as youtube this week coming up.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next