Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skoje survival (Update 1.1.0)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Skoje survival (Update 1.1.0) Empty Skoje survival (Update 1.1.0)

Post by nepgeargo Thu 09 May 2013, 13:58

Hi guys so this is the first super complex mission i've ever made that involves a ton of scripts and stuffs, and first of all i hope that you will enjoy cheers
Don't laugh at me, but I was inspired by MW3 when i made this mission, and i thought, well, MW3 isn't that bad and it has some really tense CQB firefights, it will be fun to move it to OFDR. So i made this mission. You can play it whatever way you want. You can camp (but keep in mind if you hide too well the PLA might not be able to find you), sneak to their back to give them a little surprise or just spray at them using your machine gun. The weapons crate are unlocked during different stages.

Plot:
Your mission is to survive the police and military attacks launched by the PLA, in Skoje village, central Skira. The PLA will first send in police forces armed with pistols to take you down. You have a bulletproof vest which can withstand some pistol calibers, a MP5 sub machinegun, a M1911 and some ammo. When the PLA realize that you are well trained, they will send better units, such as medium machinegun team and spec ops. You will have to survive for as long as possible. Supplies will be dropped by the HQ but don't rely on them. CQB skills is what you need.

Features:
Cash system - will be used to buy medical services or artillery or vests.
Medical services: Go to the doctor's cabin and choose the service you want. if you buy medical insurance, the doctor will come help you when you are incapped.
Ammo shop: You have limited ammo when you get your fancy new weapons. purchase ammo simply by going to the shop and press 0 on your numpad when it is avaliable.
Equipment shop: You can buy vests if your vest is damaged or destroyed by gunfire.

Screenshot:

The map (Players are not supposed to be able to get out, if you somehow do please tell me so i can fix it)

Skoje survival (Update 1.1.0) 2qfpa11

INSTRUCTIONS:
First of all, YOU WILL NEED THE OWP app to play the HQ commands and OFPDR hotkey app in order to shop. I'll not include the app in my file.
Once you've downloaded the latest version, unzip it and open the skoje folder. Inside you'll find two folders labeled owp and data_win. Drag them into the OFDR root folder.
After you've turned both owp and the hotkey app on you can launch the game and find the mission under single mission.

IN-GAME:
Objective 1 is the field hospital. To get medical help or buy insurance, get into the doctor's field hospital (a metal shed) and press num 1 to let him heal you or press num 2 to buy insurance.
Objective 2 is the place that you can get ammo and weapons. If you want to buy ammo, get into the zone (the market in the middle of Skoje) and press 1 on your numpad. By doing this you will get 180 rounds of ammo. (Bug: You will have 180 more bullets in your magazine. Remember to
reload so you can get a normal magazine capacity! If you can help me to
solve this i will really appreciate it Surprised)
Objective 3 is the equipment store which you buy vests. To buy a vest, get into the concrete gun house near the bargate and press num 1.

TIPS:
The game counts the amount of enemies you have killed at the end of each wave,
and tells you the number of the wave when the wave starts.
The game will tell you how many enemies you have killed and how many waves you have survived when you die - so TURN ON THE TUTORIAL MESSAGE in game settings, or the pop-up won't show up.
More than 200 waves available. If someone manages to beat it which i don't think will be possible Shocked tell me so I'll add more Very Happy
Also, the stock MP5 submachinegun shoots much higher than the point of aim. If you aim at the neck it will go littlebit above the enemy's head, so keep your muzzle low.

Credits:
Thanks to ddeo for his awesome database, I edited it and used it in the mission. Also a ton of thanks to Mdog and tvig, mdog helped me on EDX stuffs and tvig really did spent time helping me to work out the spawning system.

Files:
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=8545F71CCAA244FD&id=8545F71CCAA244FD!401

Extra screenshots (1080p Razz):
http://puu.sh/2PT2n
http://puu.sh/2PT2a
http://puu.sh/2PT1T
http://puu.sh/2PT1B
http://puu.sh/2PT1h
http://puu.sh/2PT14
http://puu.sh/2PT0M
http://puu.sh/2PT0K
http://puu.sh/2PSWC

Changelog:
1. Removed wire fences near the container area, central Skoje to avoid them blocking the bullets.
2. Updated store systems. Notifications such as "Not enough money" and "No service needed" added.

Last edited by OmarTheBattlePizza on Wed 22 May 2013, 13:44; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : pics and updates)
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Skoje survival (Update 1.1.0) Empty Re: Skoje survival (Update 1.1.0)

Post by Regg Thu 09 May 2013, 18:06

Omar,

I haven't tried making my own missing with hotkeys yet, but the code looks straight-forward. (Of course, make sure the hotkeys app is running)

Code:
-- Num Lock On
function numpad7()
    OFP:displaySystemMessage("You pressed 7!")
end

-- Num Lock Off
function numpadHome()
    OFP:displaySystemMessage("You pressed Home!")
end
Code untested -- no warranties implied or stated.
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 09 May 2013, 18:09

thanks, i tried it but it didnt seem to work Surprised ill try it again tomorrow. what do u think about the mission? Very Happy
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 09 May 2013, 18:11

oh snap i completely forgot about the hotkey app xD lemme try it now Very Happy thanks a bunch for the reminder!
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Thu 09 May 2013, 18:16

LOL!

The mission looks like a challenging bit of fun! Didn't even get the chance to download it yet, but my fire team will definitely give it a try soon!

Cheers Smile
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 09 May 2013, 18:17

cool! but i forgot to tell u that it is a single player mission for now if ppl like it ill add the coop Razz
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Thu 09 May 2013, 19:01

No problem.

BTW -- just looked at your code. Your use of the onKeyPress() function is incorrect. Try this...

Code:
function onKeyPress(key)
    OFP:displaySystemMessage("You pressed " .. key)
end
When defining a function, values inside the parentheses (i.e. 'key') are variable, and thus can be checked within the function. Your code basically re-defines the onKeyPress() several times, but changes the variable name. None of the definitions actually check which key is pressed, so pressing any of the defined hotkeys would just run the last onKeyPress() function.

I hope that helps!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Thu 09 May 2013, 19:08

This might be a better example...

Code:
function onKeyPress(key)
    if key == "Numpad5" then
        OFP:displaySystemMessage("You pressed 5")
    elseif key == "NumpadClear" then
        OFP:displaySystemMessage("You pressed Clear")
    else
        OFP:displaySystemMessage("You pressed " .. key)
    end
end
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 09 May 2013, 19:10

lol i was just messing around cuz i didnt get the correct script. ill fix it when i finished making the shops and stuffs Very Happy have u tried it yet?
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Thu 09 May 2013, 19:35

Just died in Wave 2! Sad

Ran out of ammo for my MP5 and couldn't find or figure out where the crates were.

Lots of fun though and funny sound effects! There was some lag and a fair bit of frame skipping on my system, I think from all the props.
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 09 May 2013, 20:12

Yeah. The crates are in the market, the MP5 mag crates are on the south side of the market in the middle of Skoje, which are kinda small so you've gotta pay attn to the ground. Look at the map I've posted. The tiny grey dots, as well as stuffs in the shape of ammo crates in the middle of the map should be ammo crates. I hope you shoot better next time dont be lousy Razz
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 09 May 2013, 20:21

Lagging should be normal since there are a lot of props to keep the village occupied (or you will die of lack of cover) and sometimes props dont even load properly on my computer, which has an AMD FX-8120 and 2 AMD HD6870s =/
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Thu 09 May 2013, 21:30

Maybe I need to reboot this system. My other PC is slower and playing it fine. Shocked

Having fun with it though! Maybe you should have it checkpoint after each wave? Just call "OFP:checkpoint()"
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 03:07

no if theres checkpoints its not survovalat all because when u die u just run the checkpoints again
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 03:08

checkpoint* Razz
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 10 May 2013, 03:33

it was a thought. maybe i'm not hardcore enough Sad
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 04:15

play some cod to make ur cqb skills better Razz cod is not all bad at least u learn how to do cqb Very Happy
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 04:20

DO make a good use of covers, ADS all the time and buy bulletproof vests Razz oh and, camping a littlebit can make ur life easier Razz
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 10 May 2013, 04:21

i've probably got a couple hundred hours into the various CoD's. and that's why I keep coming back to DR!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 04:27

Razz just stay alive. killing enemies are ur sec objs xD
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Thu 16 May 2013, 12:11

Added all 3 versions to the DR file area on Mediafire.. great job!!!

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 16 May 2013, 12:33

thanks! but becareful when u put others stuffs online. i dont mind, in fact im quite happy but others may mind Smile
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Thu 16 May 2013, 12:45

ok just played a couple rounds of this and figured out that first thing you do is ditch the MP5 for one of the officers guns. You get quicker kills using it.

Second is keep moving. They have a tendency to hang up in corners and you can pick them off easier that way.

Also use the drop bar gate as an escape route. They won't crawl under it.

You either need to beef up the MP5 or change it out for something better it's definitely lacking. Also I never did find the MP5 crate and I searched all around. I did find one that contained a pistol tho is about it.

I have played a few of these defend missions and this one is a bit small and the action is sometimes non existent. I did quite a few laps around the complex never to find a single enemy.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Thu 16 May 2013, 12:48

OmarTheBattlePizza wrote:thanks! but becareful when u put others stuffs online. i dont mind, in fact im quite happy but others may mind Smile

I stopped worrying what others thought a long time ago lol and if they don't want their missions out their they can messege me and ill be happy to remove them. I also will never play them or suggest anyone else does either. S.A.R. is the only person that comes to mind that wants that kinda control and he's no longer part of the community either.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 16 May 2013, 13:21

okay thanks for the heads up. but have u exceeded level 5 yet? because then there will be more and more people using type81s, then SAWs and type 61s so its very hard to survive. if u get shot right into the head ull die instantly.
for the mp5 crate, it only shows up when u finish wave one, and you can buy ammo by turning on the hotkey app, walk into the center of the map and press 1 on your numpad. remember to reload! you can also buy vests near the bargate in the concrete house also by pressing 1,and get doctor at the metal sled on the southwest of the map.
and theres a problem, the enemies sometimes wont be able to find you. you kinda need to find them yourself. Sad but once i get more free time ill be working on it. just remember that the enemies usually spawn in groups on the opposite side of the map where u r, and, as i said its like cod mw3 so the map must be snall Razz
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next