Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotkey App

5 posters

Go down

Hotkey App Empty Hotkey App

Post by TheGeneral Sun 12 May 2013, 22:57

The OFDR Hotkey App was created by Haywood Slap back on the CM forums. Tvig0r0us and Ben_S from the CM forums, collaborated and created the app in its current state. It is fully compatible with the EDX and is a great tool to use for having various other options in game.

Examples:

reinforcements
Helo pickups
SatCams
Artillery Support

Some of the games that use this app ie:

SLT
This is War
NightHawk
D-Day
SFGW

If you plan to use the helo module for the EDX you will need to use this app anyway, as it relies on its functionality. Follow the in game menu system and you should be fine.

Installation:

Unzip to your desktop and drag and drop to your DR directory. Then create a shortcut for your desktop. When you run the app always make sure you run as admin, otherwise it will not function.

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Last edited by Mdog on Fri 02 Aug 2013, 17:28; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated link)
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Hotkey App Empty Re: Hotkey App

Post by p3nnyw1s3 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:03

How do i work this app ingame?

p3nnyw1s3

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:39

The app works in various whys depending on the user created mission.

For Nighthawk!

You need to make sure that you have dropped the .exe in your DR directory. then when you start DR make sure you start the app and DR as admin.

when in Nghthawk, you press "5" on the numpad to go to sat view.

then use the numpads 12346789 for your directions. "+" and "-" for your zoom in and out. the closer in the zoom the less the increments of movement become.

What you can do is equip your binos before you go to your sat cam, and bring them up to view, the binos are thermal imagery, as long as you have them in view and you are in sat view, your sat view will be thermal also.

At the top of the numpad you and "/" which is for Napalm and "*" which is for cluster bombs.

If you want to target something using these, then you can "5" move the crosshairs over the area you wnat to splash on, the press "/" (for napalm) you then press one of the direction number keys and you countdown should begin.

Cluster are a case of just "5",*, then the countdown will start.

You can see it for effect in the night hawk video and the A10 gun run video I made. the A10 gun run basically is the same as the naplam but you need the OWP sound app to go with it.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by p3nnyw1s3 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 03:07

I just goto to test your mission! =)

But templars island war 2011 doesnt support this?

p3nnyw1s3

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:34

If a mission was made with the specific intent to use the hotkey app then you can use it. IW wasn't made to use the app. 

During the design, m/makers can define what hotkeys do what. So what you have in nighthawk is different when you play sfgw or this is war or SLT.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by p3nnyw1s3 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:07

I see. Thanks for the help!

p3nnyw1s3

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:15

Btw you need to press numlock when you go to use it in nighthawk that sets it to on. 

And no problem! Glad to help.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub 1 Sun 17 Apr 2016, 13:20

Hi Mdog,
Is there any easy way to change /edit the hotkeys ? I am left handed and use the numpad to move etc. Can you say, change the keys to CTRL plus numpad key for the menus, that would be perfect for me,
Any thoughts or help on what to change ?
Thank you.

Cub 1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sun 17 Apr 2016, 18:37

Unfortunatley mate i have no idea. I am not a coder. I think it was tvigorous that made this app. I'm not 100%. May i suggest a nudge via pm to him. He could probably best advise you on your issue. Wish i could help more, apologies.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Barney Sun 25 Sep 2016, 18:42

Cub 1 wrote:Hi Mdog,
Is there any easy way to change /edit the hotkeys ? I am left handed and use the numpad to move etc. Can you say, change the keys to CTRL plus numpad key for the menus, that would be perfect for me,
Thank you.
You would need the original Auto Hot Key script which was originally compiled to the hotkey executable.

DJ Barney

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 01 Oct 2016, 01:33

DJ Barney wrote:
Cub 1 wrote:Hi Mdog,
Thank you.
You would need the original Auto Hot Key script which was originally compiled to the hotkey executable.
I think I have the original script. I'll have to dig it out of the archive and post it.

--tvig
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down