Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Idea HOG

3 posters

Go down

Mission Idea HOG Empty Mission Idea HOG

Post by nfmz1 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:48

Hey I was wondering if it is possible to build a mission to get people to take a journey through the mission looking for hidden objects. Example is you start the mission with a hint or ridddle  and head out to figure out what the hint is.Maybe even tie a internet search to help out with the hint as well (search Google for a certain item to explain what it is maybe)  Once you find that hint or figure it out it spawns another hint and object you must find. As you build your artifacts it will build a picture of the mission that is forming. Kinda like a scavenger hunt but you gotta fight to survive this one.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Mission Idea HOG Empty Re: Mission Idea HOG

Post by John J. Stevens Thu 11 Jul 2013, 13:38

the internet search is a great idea - making it part puzzle, part research - more SP for self discovery than anything else.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 21:19

it was what I was shooting for a SP mission actually

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 11 Jul 2013, 21:55

this was kinda what I wanted to do with my Z mod.

I was gunna make the player hunt and scavenge the island for food resource and have him find things that would take him to various locations to help with getting off the island. More like a biscuit trail to take them to the bridge from skira to skirinka.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:15

I wanted to see if making this would be possible. I was wanting to come up with monthly contest ideas and this was one of em. Maybe i'll do one in ArmA series

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Fri 12 Jul 2013, 17:16

The trick will be how the player responds - simple stuff like if the search provides a result that is a mining company and there is one on the map is somewhat straightforward.  

Puzzles that require a sense of orienteering for location - "when the lighthouse meets the ocean west " requires lining up two fixed objects.

The real challenge will be in doing something as basic as true/false or a multiple choice by using items referenced in front of the player.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down