Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improved EntityDatabase

+3
TheGeneral
gtaekwondo33
ddeo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Improved EntityDatabase Empty Improved EntityDatabase

Post by ddeo Tue 18 Dec 2012, 11:32

Improved EntityDatabase

Download it from moddb (including templates): moddb

Installation:
Copy downloaded EntityDatabase.xml into your Mission Editor/Database folder from your game directory and replace old file. You may want to save default EntityDatabase.xml. From now on every your exported mission will use new database, this means you don't need to add anything more to mission if you want to share it with new content. Improved EntityDatabase is needed only for mission makers. It will work with every version of the game.

Description:
Custom EntityDatabase adds new variants of vehicles, weapons, statics, crates, ammo, units, echelons and fireteams. It will change parameters of existing vehicles and weapons to make them use realistic values for ballistic and engine parameters. Improved EntityDatabase is making weapons more deadly, it is also doubling the bleed out time.

Last edited by ddeo on Mon 10 Jul 2017, 10:21; edited 1 time in total

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Improved EntityDatabase Empty Re: Improved EntityDatabase

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 16:36

ok im a little confused about where vfx.xml file is in the entitydatabase ...sorry could you explain that please so I dont mess up the vfx file thats already there thanks
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Fri 15 Mar 2013, 19:17

You have 3 files available to download:
"Improved EntityDatabase" is the important one (it's whole database). Just right click on link and save as to save it on your PC. You will later have to copy it to correct place and replace old EntityDatabase.

"Improved EntityDatabase Templates" are templates used in main EntityDatabase, it will be useful if you will want to edit database. But to merge edited templates with database you need additional software called Ben_S tool (I don't have it anymore unfortunately).

Finally "vfx.xml" will add new muzzle flash effects to variants of weapons added in Imporved Database itself. To use it you need to copy it to data_win/media folder from main game directory. So it's like "Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising/data_win/media/" If you don't have the folder then just create it manually. Worth thing to mention is that you need either 1.0, 1.3 or cracked 1.2 version of the game to enable new vfx effects. Also it is client side only.

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 15 Mar 2013, 19:59

just to make you aware gTaekwondo! it would be no use you using this DB "if" you plan to use the EDx for mission making. some of the modules created are specific to the Database that Tjdagger has left open for download on the randon spawn thread.

The mortar module for one is specific to this DB, not sure about any others but it is in a sense a modified version of the improved entity Database and a database released by Enigma a few years back.

just to make this clear to you.

By all means use the improved DB but you may find that some modules may not work.

this is probably the main reason why a unified DB could be a much sort after document.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Wed 20 Mar 2013, 04:49

So can you plz tell me where to get this Bens tool or how to use the mod without it? thankx

ddeo wrote:You have 3 files available to download:
"Improved EntityDatabase" is the important one (it's whole database). Just right click on link and save as to save it on your PC. You will later have to copy it to correct place and replace old EntityDatabase.

"Improved EntityDatabase Templates" are templates used in main EntityDatabase, it will be useful if you will want to edit database. But to merge edited templates with database you need additional software called Ben_S tool (I don't have it anymore unfortunately).

Finally "vfx.xml" will add new muzzle flash effects to variants of weapons added in Imporved Database itself. To use it you need to copy it to data_win/media folder from main game directory. So it's like "Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising/data_win/media/" If you don't have the folder then just create it manually. Worth thing to mention is that you need either 1.0, 1.3 or cracked 1.2 version of the game to enable new vfx effects. Also it is client side only.
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Wed 20 Mar 2013, 07:52

You only need "Improved EntityDatabase (EntityDatabase.xml file)". That's it. If you want to have additional muzzle flash effects because by default there are no any for new variants of weapons then you will need to download cracked 1.2 patch and my "vfx.xml". I don't have links either for Ben_S tool and cracked 1.2 patch.

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Wed 20 Mar 2013, 08:44

ddeo wrote:You only need "Improved EntityDatabase (EntityDatabase.xml file)". That's it. If you want to have additional muzzle flash effects because by default there are no any for new variants of weapons then you will need to download cracked 1.2 patch and my "vfx.xml". I don't have links either for Ben_S tool and cracked 1.2 patch.

thankx. actually, i figured that i can copy the templates for the vehicles and paste them to \data_win\media\vehicles. just copy the content and paste it into the vehicle's .xml file. it works cheers
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Improved EntityDatabase Empty BEN S Toolkit

Post by oANIMUSo Thu 21 Mar 2013, 03:34

OmarTheBattlePizza, I've never used it but I do happen to have a copy. Dropped it in my box for you, and anyone else who might want it. Might as well add it to the salvage pile of sacred artifacts.tongue
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108098224/OFDR-BEN_S%20Toolkit.zip

Last edited by oANIMUSo on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 01:15; edited 1 time in total
oANIMUSo
oANIMUSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/oANIMUSoTube?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 21 Mar 2013, 09:47

oANIMUSo wrote:OmarTheBattlePizza, I've never used it but I do happen to have a copy. Dropped it in my box for you, and anyone else who might want it. Might as well add it to the salvage pile of sacred artifacts.tongue
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108098224/OFDR-BEN_S%20Toolkit.zip
Thankx a bunch mate! still dunno how to use it, but ill figure it out xD
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 21 Mar 2013, 10:07

not sure how many have actually used it here. I had a go about two years ago, but failed to see anything different. Not sure it it was completed or not.

I wouldn't expect a quick response in a solution to an issue with it. 95% of the techies and modders disappeared from the forums and DR altogether before CM closed.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Thu 21 Mar 2013, 14:55

have you noticed that there are a lot of vehicles that had been disabled by codemasters? i tried to change the script but it doesnt work for me.. maybe u should give it a try?

BTW, i did compare the script of MH-6 and AH-6 very closely, and had clearly enabled it but it still doesn't show up on Mission Editor
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Thu 21 Mar 2013, 19:56

There is no point to enable other vehicles as there are no more models available in game. Other model would look basicly the same, but would have different icon and you could add different equipment. I've added few like this (Ah1z with hellfire and z10 with redarrow missiles), but I did not felt like there is a point to modify other vehicles similar way. But yes, small exception was for me doing MH-6, but I did not found time. Also I wanted to add that other variant of AAVP, but I noticed that I would need model with tower and it was not possible to achieve.

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 22 Mar 2013, 00:15

I though they already had the model in the game? Ive been looking thru the files of dr and found icons for these vehicles, as well as files in data_win\media\vehicles
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:01

The only vehicle model included in the game, that is not actually used in the game is the open top hummer. All other vehicles mentions throughout the game files are missing their vertex files at least, most are missing the havok stuff, textures, sounds and settings. The open top hummer needs to have its mount points fixed before it can be used

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 22 Mar 2013, 08:03

TemplarGFX wrote:The only vehicle model included in the game, that is not actually used in the game is the open top hummer. All other vehicles mentions throughout the game files are missing their vertex files at least, most are missing the havok stuff, textures, sounds and settings. The open top hummer needs to have its mount points fixed before it can be used
**** that sux.. so, is there a way to get unarmed humvees and mh-6s? cuz they are really useful...
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Fri 22 Mar 2013, 08:22

Yes Omar, it would be possible, but I'm not working on database and Dragon Rising stuff anymore.

Thanks Templar, I never did test the open Humvee. Point is when I was
making database I've concentrated mainly on weapons and when I've
finished weapons part I've decided to fix handling and parameters for
vehicles already included in game. So I've spend few weeks/months on
fixing handling, after working on it every day for few hours spending my
free time I was exhausted. Smile Not to mention I've edited explosion
radius for every explosive in game using informations from red cross (informations about landmines) and military
websites (I've spend on it around 2 months, mainly research).

About EDX and this
database. Omar, if you want to use database made for EDX with all the weapons,
vehicles handling and magazines, bullets, explosive parameters from my
database it is easy thing to do thanks to templates I've added and
thanks to Ben_S tool.

Animus has shared Ben_S tool, so now all you need
to do is to merge EDX database with my templates. The only thing that will not be merged is folder structure. I think that even bleeding out settings and less health for soldiers will be merged (so everybody will die, or fall on ground after 1-2 bullet hits as it supposed to work). You will still have to add folder structure manualy if it's different from my database in EDX database, because nothing will be visible to place on map (units, vehicles, etc). But hopefuly community behind EDX started editing from my, or "Community EntityDatabase", which had exacly the same folder structure (with small exception for weapons without icons).

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 22 Mar 2013, 08:34

ddeo wrote:Yes Omar, it would be possible, but I'm not working on database and Dragon Rising stuff anymore.

Thanks Templar, I never did test the open Humvee. Point is when I was
making database I've concentrated mainly on weapons and when I've
finished weapons part I've decided to fix handling and parameters for
vehicles already included in game. So I've spend few weeks/months on
fixing handling, after working on it every day for few hours spending my
free time I was exhausted. Smile Not to mention I've edited explosion
radius for every explosive in game using informations from red cross (informations about landmines) and military
websites (I've spend on it around 2 months, mainly research).

About EDX and this
thanks to Ben_S tool.

Animus has shared Ben_S tool, so now all you need
to do is to merge EDX database with my templates. The only thing that will not be merged is folder structure. I think that even bleeding out settings and less health for soldiers will be merged (so everybody will die, or fall on ground after 1-2 bullet hits as it supposed to work). You will still have to add folder structure manualy if it's different from my database in EDX database, because nothing will be visible to place on map (units, vehicles, etc). But hopefuly community behind EDX started editing from my, or "Community EntityDatabase", which had exacly the same folder structure (with small exception for weapons without icons).

yeah ive already tried the database for a couple of days and it turns out to work great.. the little things are that u should have get the names fixed, and ive noticed that some suppressed weaps have muzzle flashes. thankx for the info! =D cheers
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Fri 22 Mar 2013, 08:38

Names cannot be fixed in database itself, same as icons without proper .xml file, which is unavailable for community - only Codemasters had the proper file. About muzzle flashes, it's vfx.xml thing, not database. So it's not something that could be fixed in database. Smile

To fix muzzle flashes go to "Dragon Rising/data_win/media/" and paste there vfx.xml file from my first post. You will also need cracked .exe for 1.02.

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Sun 14 Apr 2013, 13:36

how did u make the mk16s with eotechs and stuffs? i want mk17 and mk16 with eotech ;P is it easy to do?
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Sun 14 Apr 2013, 13:46

It will not work with mk17 and mk16, eotech will hover 10cm above these weapons and it will not look good. Also about mk16 without silencer, you have attached ironsights to it and it is not possible to remove them. I believe I've done everything with weapons what is possible in this database. Of course you could add other variants of the weapons, but as I said these will be only with hovering scopes above weapons, or scopes driven inside weapons. It is because of bones, some weapons don't have special bones for certain scopes, using different bones brings weird effects.

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Sun 14 Apr 2013, 14:25

hmm, still can u teach me how? thanks ;D
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Sun 14 Apr 2013, 14:54

When you're in editor, click on soldier which has interesting weapon for you, you should see his inventory in one of panels, it will also tell you weapon name. Search for this weapon in "EntityDatabase.xml". You should be able to edit weapon class together with real weapon name, also there are many fields for the weapon to set its position on the screen, rpm, release velocity, etc. But there is also field for scope it uses. I don't have names of scopes anymore, but You can find them easly by checking other weapons in EntityDatabase. That's all I can tell, for better explanation I would need to spend much more time, also Templar has posted and explained on old CM forums most of weapon parameters.

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Sun 14 Apr 2013, 14:58

Yes, i know this.. but how can i create new weapons" even if theres no name" and new classes? and when im creating new weaps and classes or editing the current ones, how do i deal with the IDs?
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 15:27

ddeo wrote:About EDX and this
thanks to Ben_S tool..

I'm not sure how the database has become associated with the edx, but let me clear this up for everyone. There is NO association with the EDX and the entity database!!! If someone makes a module using a specific custom database, it will create issues if the entities used for the module are not present in your database.

For clarity's sake, stop saying things like "database made for EDX" and all that crap. There is no "database made for EDX"! In fact, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I don't know why people even have this notion, but it's driving me crazy. Evil or Very Mad The EDX adds functions to the editor. There is NO IMPACT WHAT SO EVER on the entity database and vice versa.

Just to reiterate.... the entity database is TOTALLY SEPERATE FROM THE EDX. They are not related. One does not effect the other.

I have a suggestion for people confused about the EDX and what it does.... READ THE INFORMATION I'VE POSTED ABOUT IT!!! Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Sun 14 Apr 2013, 19:41

Somebody wrote in this forum that there is "database for EDX", and my db will not work correctly with all EDX stuff. It has been said in few post, You haven't commented that, so I thought it is true. I haven't played DR for many months now, I've stopped playing with mission editor before EDX, so I had no chance to try it out. Anyway, thanks for clearing things out, better late than never. Smile

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum