Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod?

Go down

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? Empty Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod?

Post by JoeDogs on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 08:06

Is there anyone who can make a Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? In one of the Intel missions you can play for 3 person. It would be super cool. Dragon Rising looks fantastic in the 3 person!

JoeDogs
Veteran

http://tomneidher.blogspot.no/

Back to top Go down

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? Empty Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod?

Post by TheGeneral on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 14:18

If you watch the video of d-day, there is a small cut of me running up to a bunker in third person. 

Problem is, i can't for the life of me remeber how i did it.   It does have something to do with camera code though. Someone asked me about it ages ago. I'll have a look later to see if i still have the code for it. Ive got that many mssn's it might take a while. I do know though it was a little tempramental to play with.

tvig0r0us wrote:Thanks to everyone that has supported and stuck with OFDR along the way. It is a great game and is largely under appreciated, but those of us that love it are happy to have others to enjoy it with.

tvig

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? Nst_md15
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? Empty Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod?

Post by JoeDogs on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 15:55

It was amazing we could be getting it to work. cheers

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 16:19

I upload a video now. About how to play 3 person. Here is the mission. Intel / Intel I7 LRRP.
Downloade Nickned pack to get Intel mission her -  Nickned pack

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 19:20

Well, as I remember well from playing that mission many times, in this particular moment it's actually a bug. It happens when you (being passenger) switch to external view in SeaHawk and don't manage to switch it back to cockpit/onboard view before disembarking helo. You stay then in 3rd person view until you get into Humvee and switch view again to 1st person. 
Other than that it would be really refreshing to have that opportunity to see your own "toy soldier", since they are all very well animated and modelled.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? Nsz-0110
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 19:26

I do not remember, but a long time ago that I read an article that Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising was meant to play in 3 person. In 3-person game runs very smooth compared to 1 person.

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 19:31

Yes it does, cause it doesn't zoom in all distant ground with details as it does when in 1st person view.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? Nsz-0110
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 21:31

I think if Mdog get this right. Will many more play OFDR! Be more popular.

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 00:41

Codemasters included the functions OFP:swapTo1stPersonCamera and OFP:swapTo3rdPersonCamera in the Lua script engine. Of course they are undocumented and no one seems to have figured out how to use them.
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 09:13

Ok, so I know this one...
 you need to be mounted in a vehicle position which allows a 3rd person view of the vehicle.
eg. driver or passenger.
...you then need to turn the letter box on screen display on ... OFP:showLetterBoxOsd(true)... this needs to be done once your in the vehicle 3rd person as the letter box restricts you from changing views.
When you dismount a vehicle under these circumstances you'll exit the vehicle in 3rd person view.
re-mounting a vehicle and then dismounting without letter box on screen display on ... OFP:showLetterBoxOsd(false) ...will return the view back to 1st person.

I've tested and confirmed this with the following code...
Code:
function numpad1()
   OFP:showLetterBoxOsd(true)
end

function numpad2()
   OFP:showLetterBoxOsd(false)
end
Regg, I've tried those command (1st and 3rd person) on both vehicle and units... in and out of various seats etc, concluded they are ideas left undeveloped by CM... SHOCK! I know.

p.s my main pc has died... poo.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? 8adb54ef2dbe24a4ccf87626e12261e7

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baptistus on Wed 14 May 2014, 03:26

Hi,
I would like to know where to write this code ?
Should I create a "level script" and write this code on the level.lua windows ? I tried it but it doesn't work.
If someone  could explain to me what to do it will be very cool.
thank you

baptistus

Back to top Go down

Post by baptistus on Wed 14 May 2014, 16:11

Ok, I found another solution
I place a trigger
and a level script, and write on the level.lua windows

function onEnter(zoneName, unitName)
end
function onLeave(zoneName, unitName)
end

I place a vehicule.
I start the mission, I enter the vehicule, 3nd person view, I enter the trigger zone, exit the vehicule, and leave the trigger zone, and now I can play at the 3rd person.

baptistus

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs on Wed 14 May 2014, 16:13

Awesom bro! How to install this?

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral on Wed 14 May 2014, 16:25

baptistus wrote:Ok, I found another solution
I place a trigger

end
end

I place a vehicule.
I start the mission, I enter the vehicule, 3nd person view, I enter the trigger zone, exit the vehicule, and leave the trigger zone, and now I can play at the 3rd person.
well done mate! Welcome to the forum aswell.

@Joedoggs

he tells you what to do above. You can't put this in the vanilla game if thats what you were thinking?

tvig0r0us wrote:Thanks to everyone that has supported and stuck with OFDR along the way. It is a great game and is largely under appreciated, but those of us that love it are happy to have others to enjoy it with.

tvig

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? Nst_md15
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Thu 15 May 2014, 12:47

Wow! Someone used it... with success! ...from so long ago.

Pleased.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising in 3 person mod? 8adb54ef2dbe24a4ccf87626e12261e7

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs on Thu 15 May 2014, 12:54

Ok, how to use this mod??

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Thu 15 May 2014, 13:39

baptistus wrote:Ok, I found another solution
I place a trigger

end
end

I place a vehicule.

Hi JoeDogs,
What baptistus has done is opened a mission (mssn file) in the editor and added the above code with a corresponding trigger to enter. As Mdog said you won't be able to add this to the vanilla missions simply because we don't have the mssn files. But you could certainly do it for any missions you have the mssn file for.
Does that make sense?

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baptistus on Thu 15 May 2014, 18:35

Yes, you can only use this solution if you create a mission (or have the mssn file).
And the third view is not perfect at all:
-iron sight doesn't work, only scope works but it looks strange if you move/turn
-zoom doesn't work
-when you are on the standing position, the crosshair is not on a good position. The same with the lying position. You can only have a good crosshair position on the crouch position.

so the game is a lot more difficult lol

I join a mssn file
http://www.filedropper.com/thirdview

baptistus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum