Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods in multiplayer

4 posters

Go down

Mods in multiplayer Empty Mods in multiplayer

Post by Cessni172 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:41

Hi everyone,

I've been playing online trough Tunngle (wich I guess is the most used way, if not please tell me) this two last days and I'm wondering if there're any useful mods (not maps/missions at all please) that you think can improve the game experience/make it more realistic and also work online (if you're not sure that they'll work online, please post them anyway, so I can try). Also, if you have the links of the mods (what would help me a lot), please provide the latest version. This said, I have a couple of questions to do:

1) Does AcidX's v1.02 .exe work for online?
2) Is there any graphic mod for the game (any kind)?

I'm also looking for AI/weapon/effects mods.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Have a nice day.

Regards, 

Cessni.

Last edited by Cessni172 on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelling)

Cessni172

Back to top Go down

Mods in multiplayer Empty Re: Mods in multiplayer

Post by TheGeneral Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:24

Hi Cessni! Welcome to the DR Forums!

glad to hear that you are shooting it out online. the only other two ways I know off that work online for MP is using Hamachi or using a direct Host IP address and you log onto their server by manually typing in the host IP.

regarding the mods: It sounds like you are asking in wys that this game is similar to Arma with using different mods online. If thats the case then I can tell you straight this game works a whole lot differently.

I'm sure you are aware there are no addons persay, but there are enhancements for better Lighting, by templar, Better AI by Templar and tvig.

UAI2011
Templars file store

Tvigs Ai

Mission bank with mods in the lists:
Mission bank

I would call the Tvig version on this one. They will go at you and put up a fight. For this though all players would need the AI mod I think, Can someone clarify that for me?

If you have a look in the mission bank there are plenty of things in there that you can use for the game. Most of the enchancements though generally come from the mission designer when creating the game in the editor.

the Editor Expansion Kit, by Tvig, is a great thing that can change the way missions are made. Most of the enhancements now, like town lighting, helo transportation, vehicle spawning and random spawing to name afew, are pretty much only available if you are creating a mission. this would then be seen online by all players because they have the mission .xml's and mssns files.

May I encourage you to play Operation Nighthawk, this is a mission not to be missed and is a taste of things to come hopefully. there is a Hotkey App that you will need to use and run as admin before you play the mission or you will not be able to use the things that are at your disposal. you'll see here:

Operation nighthawk thread

Yes! Acidx' mod does work online! I think pretty much everyone I know on here uses that mod. One big benefit is you don't need to keep putting the disc in the drive if you have the retail copy.

What type of AI/weapon/effects are you after?
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessni172 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:50

Hi Mdog,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. In sake of clarity, I've ordered my questions by numbers. Please, for the same reason, try to respond them this way too Smile

1) Am I right when saying Tunngle is the most used way?

2) What are the benefits of AcidX's v1.02 .exe apart from 1- the disc problem (I have the Steam version though), 2- the possibility of using mods and 3- the resolution fixes (I have no problem runnig 1920x1080)?

3) I've seen some posts here, and I've found there is the Ultimate AI 2011 and the 2.1 version. I like what they offer, so it'd be mostly this kind of mod when it comes to AI, but wich one is newer/better?

4) About the graphics/weapon/effects mod, I'm looking for any mod that enhances the game's experience (please tell me for each of this kind of mods wich one/s is/are the best for you/most of the people/most downloaded/most used: i.e. -> the best weapons mod/s, the best graphics mod/s and the best effects mod/s). Basically I'm just looking for the most popular mods, nothing specific.

Thanks a lot again,

I wait for your answer.

Regards,

Cessni.

Cessni172

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 30 Dec 2013, 00:09

For the sake of it being gone midnight and I can't be arsed searching the endless threads to solve your questions:

1) dunno

2)type this in the google search box: AcidX's v1.02

3) theres been that many version of UAI I don't know the difference any more. I use a different one

4) scratch 

gunna get my stick out and bash my head a few times I think! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mods in multiplayer Empty Thanks!

Post by Cessni172 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 01:33

Well, I finally managed to install the mods I wanted trough Templar's OFDR store. I was quite lost and had a lot of questions cause I didn't know how the mod stuff works, but after trying a bit, I finally got what I want. Believe it or not, your last reply helped me quite a lot haha. 

But I still have one doubt: Is Ultimate AI 2011 compatible with online?

Thanks a lot. 

See you in the field. 

Bye.

Cessni172

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 30 Dec 2013, 01:57

we have a forum full of content, I don't know what is where most of the time. The questions you were asking only took a bit of searching by me for the first post. This is something you could have done in the first place but I had to get my stick out and bash abit first. I hate doing that. I wish people would search the forums, its just laziness and impatience really that people ask what is what and where is it. all they have to do is type stuff in the search bar. Seek and ye shall find. I tell my daughter that all the time and she finds things eventually.

I think UAI2011 is compatible onlne, I'm not sure whether every one needs it or the game reads of the hosts files. I think its the latter that is true I'm not sure.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Mon 30 Dec 2013, 02:10

UAI runs on the host machine.  If you play on a host that is not using uai it does't matter what you have running on your machine.  Weather mods will run on your machine regardless of what the host machine is running.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessni172 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 18:20

Mdog: I've been looking posts in this forums for two, three days before posting anything myself. And I've been unable to get a clear idea of what mods should I install, because I've just found a mod list/store (Templar's one) that contains a lot of mods but not a guide to install them or any advice on how to use them. That's why I asked, cause I felt lost in the so called OFDR forums that you make announcement of in the Steam community: 

"We can help you out over at this forum: https://operationflashpoint.forummotion.com/ 

We are an active community and are still currently working on new stuff all the time. If you wanna sign up and join us the more the merier! I'll find out the mods you are after and see what I can do for you. I don't spend much time over here but you will find me over in that forum under the name of Mdog.". 

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/12830/discussions/0/846941710376941826/?l=spanish

But I haven't exactly found the help I was expecting from this comment over here. Instead, I had to try myself downloading and installing the mods. This wasn't in order to get help just for me, but also, and mostly, in order to take profit of the only one community of this game that is still alive (that I've found) and try to clarify the info about mods for any lost person like me. But I couldn't, and I'm sorry for the ones who see this post looking for answers like me but just won't be able to get them from here.

I didn't want to turn this into a discussion, but I hope we, and anyone who sees this can all take profit of what here has been said, whatever the intentions are.

Again, thanks a lot for your time and help, and excuse me for any inconvinience that I may have caused to you/anyone here.

tvig0r0us: Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Cessni172 on Mon 30 Dec 2013, 18:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

Cessni172

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 30 Dec 2013, 18:58

Cessni, it was late for me last night and i wasn't particularly up for scouring our boards for what you wanted. 

I don't mind helping people, if i know exactly what it is you want. Tbh i didn't know much about what you wanted only to direct you to certain places if they at all helped.  

I haven't been playing DR for some months now and i realise how much out of the loop i am with what is out there for people. Don't take my response as a snub to you last night, like i said i wasn't really up to searching. 

My response to that post in the steam forum was specific to what the guy wanted not a generic " i'm a librarian" type of thing. 

People will get the help, if they want it!

I wish more people would read and search the forums but atm the community is a dying breed and we're trying to hold the place together for free in our own time. 

My main issuse really is i haven't played the game for some time and not really kept myself uptodate with the content on the forum for the game. Because of that i now only know a few locations of things and what certain stuff does.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessni172 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 20:03

I'm looking for the Ultimate AI 2011 Version 3 Full link.
I've been reading this thread: https://operationflashpoint.forummotion.com/t116-ultimate-ai-2011
And searched on Google several times, but I haven't yet found it.

Any help please?

Thanks in advantage.

Cessni172

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 30 Dec 2013, 20:10

I might be half blind in one eye, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in that thread or anywhere on the net that says there is a version 3? if so, can you quote where you read this????
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessni172 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 21:15

Yes I can Mdog:

The description of this video (in Templar's channel): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnzO2DvVGHs
And somewhere else on the net (also on YouTube I think). I'll try to keep looking.

I'd like tho share this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1688055.html

It explains what some of the mods contained here ( http://filebeam.com/folder/6934 ) do.

Regards.

Cessni172

Back to top Go down

Post by jackmomma Tue 31 Dec 2013, 02:22

To my knowledge there is no version 3. There is a possibility that there was a typo in the YouTube description.
jackmomma
jackmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessni172 Tue 31 Dec 2013, 04:21

After playing a bit with the ultimate ai 2011 v2 mod installed I've reached the conclusion that it's been configured too hard/realistic considering how the missions have been originally designed for the game. A clear example is the third mission of the game, a stealth mission at nighttime (where you need NV goggles to see far and you're crouching between the high grass of the game) where being detected too early means taking the combat place long earlier from where it's supposed to start. Playing this mission with the mod installed results in being detected almost half a kilometer before in comparison to the original mission, what basically makes it completely unplayable for me. The mod itself is very good and realistic, but the correct principle of operation should be based on the time of the day of the action's place, among others (It's just my opinion). If someone could please post the line/s of the .xml file that modify this setting/s it'd be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cessni172

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:20

In all honesty there is a bit more to it than just a couple of lines of code. If you're playing the campaign I would suggest going without the ai mod. If you want to jack up ths difficulty a bit, just install the dispersion mod.  They will light your ass up with hardcore dispersion but it doesn't modify the detection code.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sat 04 Jan 2014, 06:52

Like I said in my first response, I'd go for Tvig's Ai. In my opinion it is alot easier to install, and you can bet your monies worth you will get a good fight.

I just re-read your first questions and in there you ask about trying to make the game more realistic?? If you try NightHawk, you will find that this is as close as you are gunna get for it being as realistic as possible. This is best played Coop and was built with that in mind. This was after CM closed the mp servers globally. So it can be played online and is a worth a look at for the type of thing you might be after.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down