Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency!

4 posters

Go down

Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency! Empty Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency!

Post by JoeDogs Wed 05 Feb 2014, 08:50

JoeDogs
Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/JoeDogs-Channel-874283856100522

Back to top Go down

Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency! Empty Re: Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency!

Post by John J. Stevens Fri 07 Feb 2014, 00:49

this is a great game - was a fan back in the day and enjoyed the people - consider this a slower COD style kind of play
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency! Empty Re: Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency!

Post by nfmz1 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 01:27

John J. Stevens wrote:this is a great game - was a fan back in the day and enjoyed the people - consider this a slower COD style kind of play

omg please dont insult insurgency by ever calling it a cod type game lmao. insurgency came before the cod modern warfare series and is tactically based on control points that are not any where near COD in style. one Insurgency game may take 30+ mins to play where a COD match is usually less than 12 minutes in time. COD was a deathmatch copy of games like Wolfenstien Enemy Territory. So please dont insult INS with being called a COD clone lmao

here is a better video

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Mon 10 Feb 2014, 22:49

jeez, i was agreeing with you - just pointing out that THIS FP shooter isn't your COD fanboy style shooter - more tactical and realistic with a great community
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Tue 11 Feb 2014, 11:26

I honestly don't see the distinction between this and COD myself.  Even so, I don't consider it a bad thing either.  I find COD quite enjoyable in a good MP match if I'm playing it in a locked server with friends.  Public servers with  bunch of career players that know every glitch is what makes COD suck.  I remember playing a bit of insurgency when it was just a CS mod back in the day.  I'd have to say they've come quite a way with the source engine, which is a plus, but insurgency is still nothing more than an advanced CS mod in my eyes.  All that being said, I'd still love to be able to get into a match with people I know!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Tue 11 Feb 2014, 13:16

it is if you state the game has guns from a FPS view then its just like COD. It started its life as a CS mod but so did Neo Tokyo and both and nothing like their CS counterparts. Just like how the current COD franchise is nothing like their WW2 fathers. I mean you can say every fps game is like COD which isnt true. Without having to go down a list to point out the obvious.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Tue 11 Feb 2014, 16:38

Insurgency is simply more methodical and team oriented - I spent a good couple of years with it as a MOD - then I switched to DR for a larger theater of engagement and more coop play
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Wed 12 Feb 2014, 01:04

Obviously there are differences between Insurgency and COD. What I mean is that the game pace and mechanics displayed in this video appear very similar in mechanics and pace. I personally think COD gets a very bad rap from the style of play that is invoked by a huge number of players on tiny little maps. Like I said in my original post, I really don't think that it's a bad thing that there are similarities between the two. In my experience with the mod, the video appears to depict a much quicker pace than I recall when I played. I recall the mod having a much more open feel. The tight quarters you see in the video are not indicative of that.
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs Fri 14 Feb 2014, 13:25

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 23:04

good video!

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs Sat 15 Feb 2014, 02:34

jep

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs Sun 16 Feb 2014, 16:19

Insurgency How to use a game controller

The game currently has partial controller support, and we will be hooking it up to the main menu in future patches. 
Forget Takedown! This is the game we've been waiting for. Insurgency! Skjermbilde

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sun 16 Feb 2014, 18:54

Hopefully you guys will be doing a game day sometime that I can join. I bought Insurgency yesterday just so I can join in.  The thing I like the best is that it's so light on resources that I can run it nicely on my laptop, something that cannot be said for most other games. Anyhow, I hope I can join you guys in some game in the near future.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs Sun 16 Feb 2014, 18:57

Welcome Tvig

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeDogs Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:37

JoeDogs
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 20 Feb 2014, 04:49

I got my first good chance to sit down and play Insurgency today. First off, the gunplay in this game is outstanding, probably the best I've experienced outside of DR. There are a few bugs I saw here and there like weapon models suspended above the ground and I had a bit of difficuly finding a couple of objectives by the 3d indicators on the hud. Overall the few bugs didn't diminish the experience for me at all though. I only played against the AI, but I can imagine by way of mechanics that the game is excellent with a group of friends. The maps are nice and varied with great detail and they give you plenty of ways to proceed to your objectives. There are long lanes for snipers and tons of corners and cover objects that make close quarters combat a thrill. This game is an absolute must have IMHO. I can't wait to give it a go with some friends!!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 14:27

even the mod version was that way. It looks like they just took the mod and made it complete standalone.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down