I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 07:32

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit
I'm not English, I use GOOGLE translation of the text editor, very painful lol. 
More painful is extracted from these documents I do not know how to modify them
You can help? Tell what software I need to modify these files╭(′▽`)╯
I have some documents, but do not know how to edit 4260411

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by tvig0r0us on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 20:52

We will need more information in order to help you. First, what do you intend to accomplish from editing these files. Second, where did you get these files? Third, Have you been able to open these files in a way that reveals any meaningful information about their contents?

Please answer these questions for starters and we will do the best we can to answer your questions.

Cheers Very Happy


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Nst_tv10
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Location : Nky
Points : 266
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-10-16

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 03:04

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit 411

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:52

tvig0r0us wrote:We will need more information in order to help you. First, what do you intend to accomplish from editing these files. Second, where did you get these files? Third, Have you been able to open these files in a way that reveals any meaningful information about their contents?

Please answer these questions for starters and we will do the best we can to answer your questions.

Cheers Very Happy
 and ..i need to explain to you ,now we can only be part of the solution package .There are many things can't extract 
 Maybe there will be thousands of documents under the 5KB file , i don't know these what to do .But now the most inportant is i can't packet these files.
Because of my own to unpack tools are not completion .
 i am doing my best to contact with the anthors ,if i get the complete tool i will send to  you

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 21:56

I used to scan OF Dragon Rising CMD file win_000 inside, but I can not fast refresh CMD accurate copy all encrypted files. Want you to tell me is there any way you can refresh the contents of the record CMD


Last edited by Counter-Strike on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 23:00; edited 1 time in total

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 22:43

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit 111112

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit 222210


I've put all the file names in a Word document records a total record of 551 lol now I need time to a single extraction This is a big project ....... do not know how long it takes, but also the position format if extracted they still need your help!

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by tvig0r0us on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 23:53

What tool are you using to extract these files. I'm not sure if we can help you out with this since I do not understand you question regarding refreshing the contents of the CMD. We have been trying for years to extract all of the files from the win_000 with no success. If you have a method of doing this it may provide a breakthrough for the entire community that is long overdue.

Cheers Very Happy


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Nst_tv10
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Location : Nky
Points : 266
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-10-16

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by John J. Stevens on Fri 18 Apr 2014, 23:46

Yes, you need to explain what you are trying to do and how you are scanning the WIN_000 file.  There were some earlier unpacking done earlier but it corrupted before completing.

Either case, give us some details and we can let you know if what you are describing is something new or something others have tried.

Last;y, contacting Codemasters really won't help, they have shown little interest in supporting a discontinued title - and honest;y, if they are feeling spiteful they may not appreciate someone decompiling their binaries.  

The work TVIG did with EDx was completely external and required no-decompilation just a lot of insight and sharing information with other coders.


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Steven13
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Location : WV/PA
Points : 284
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by tvig0r0us on Sat 19 Apr 2014, 04:11

Based on the comment about the 5kb size limit in the last post I'm assuming you are using the quickBMS extraction method. If this is the case, we already know how it ends. I would love to see someone come around that has the key to unlocking those files, and even better yet, repacking them so we could use them with the game, but I have a feeling that day will never arrive.

Cheers


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Nst_tv10
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Location : Nky
Points : 266
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-10-16

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 13:59

tvig0r0us wrote:Based on the comment about the 5kb size limit in the last post I'm assuming you are using the quickBMS extraction method. If this is the case, we already know how it ends. I would love to see someone come around that has the key to unlocking those files, and even better yet, repacking them so we could use them with the game, but I have a feeling that day will never arrive.

Cheers

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Qqac2010
I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Qqac2011


what`s the 5KB size limit? is that limited from quickbms or WIN000? and when i using the quickbms to extract the win000,then there`s a error and stop me,
 then when i use CMD to load my tools then i found the quickbms was stuck by a same name`s file which is win000 and X2,how can i fix it? 
and after that CMD extract makes quickbms not working and keep stuck.

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 14:25

John J. Stevens wrote:Yes, you need to explain what you are trying to do and how you are scanning the WIN_000 file.  There were some earlier unpacking done earlier but it corrupted before completing.

Either case, give us some details and we can let you know if what you are describing is something new or something others have tried.

Last;y, contacting Codemasters really won't help, they have shown little interest in supporting a discontinued title - and honest;y, if they are feeling spiteful they may not appreciate someone decompiling their binaries.  

The work TVIG did with EDx was completely external and required no-decompilation just a lot of insight and sharing information with other coders.

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Aae11

 because i want modify OFDR to be a open game, and now the win000 at here is really disgust, and i also founded lot of damaged files and my tool can not fix them,maybe this is a spite encryption and a problem which is packing at that time,but i am curious, if that`s a error file then there`s no problem in the game? as for CM, i`ve been sent lots of email already ,but they havn`t answer me . if they would like to answer me, then i really happy to purchase OFDR`s copyright and developmentright. about the program, i know nothing ,and my tools also need a programer. and he successfully modify the language and UI in the game, but when he gave me this tool, after that ,he don`t want me to contact him any more ,and he don`t want to join these jobs.
and i think there`s some error from quickbms`s script.

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by tvig0r0us on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 18:34

When gsve was posting he knew more of the intricacies of this process. There is something to do with the file offsets in the archive that prevent us from being able to extract the entire win_000 archive. For quite some time we have sought to extract these files so that we could truly "modify" the game... to no end. This was discussed ad nausium on the old OFDR forums. I would absolutely love to see this happen, but I think you are beating down the same path that has been tried before. I strongly encourage you to keep us updated on whatever progress you make as this is the only place I know of where people with knowledge of the process might be lurking.

Cheers Very Happy


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Nst_tv10
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Location : Nky
Points : 266
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-10-16

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 21:44

tvig0r0us wrote:When gsve was posting he knew more of the intricacies of this process. There is something to do with the file offsets in the archive that prevent us from being able to extract the entire win_000 archive. For quite some time we have sought to extract these files so that we could truly "modify" the game... to no end. This was discussed ad nausium on the old OFDR forums. I would absolutely love to see this happen, but I think you are beating down the same path that has been tried before. I strongly encourage you to keep us updated on whatever progress you make as this is the only place I know of where people with knowledge of the process might be lurking.

Cheers Very Happy
Fully unpack WIN000 continues to find ways to present looking for technical support 
But I now urgently need to know how to edit these files in the following formats. 
. stf 
. ib 
. met 
. xml 
. fui 
. dat 
. hints 
. jpk

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 22:06

tvig0r0us wrote:What tool are you using to extract these files. I'm not sure if we can help you out with this since I do not understand you question regarding refreshing the contents of the CMD. We have been trying for years to extract all of the files from the win_000 with no success. If you have a method of doing this it may provide a breakthrough for the entire community that is long overdue.

Cheers Very Happy
I only recently found a tool, it is a programmer to write your own, and now this tool does not work well and incomplete (there is a component of the unwilling) but it can not continue to solve most of the lead quickbms file, but I As already said quickbms I can not extract the files existing tools can not, it's just to build a generic file name to make quickbms skip I want to make it the perfect look of this kit, but unfortunately the author do not want to do that also refused to participate OFDR crack.
 Shocked

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Counter-Strike on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 22:13

tvig0r0us wrote:When gsve was posting he knew more of the intricacies of this process. There is something to do with the file offsets in the archive that prevent us from being able to extract the entire win_000 archive. For quite some time we have sought to extract these files so that we could truly "modify" the game... to no end. This was discussed ad nausium on the old OFDR forums. I would absolutely love to see this happen, but I think you are beating down the same path that has been tried before. I strongly encourage you to keep us updated on whatever progress you make as this is the only place I know of where people with knowledge of the process might be lurking.

Cheers Very Happy
http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/E1A9AAIBAADZNlRT808
Password: OFDR
Now you can download my files have been extracted, they are still encrypted format. Hope you can help me and let me know how to modify them

Counter-Strike

Points : 12
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by John J. Stevens on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 00:18

sounds exactly like the quickBMS problem - there was even a modified script to anticipate the file offset - but that didn't work.

A second school of thought is the WIN_000 file is really just a virtual volume that DR can read and access directly in its compressed state - the MOD folders that DR does/can read (that we know about) simply overwrite the values read in memory - we also believe much of the environment is stored in the table structure that is exposed via LUA.

Either case, that is a simple summary of some theorizing that has gone on.

Oh, your file link didn't go anywhere - so can't really tell you anything about that.


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Steven13
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Location : WV/PA
Points : 284
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by tvig0r0us on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 02:33

I happen to agree that it is a volume that DR can access directly. The NFS file extension is for network file system. They have it rigged up with some kind of encryption. Funny thing is, if we knew someone with the time and knowledge to reverse engineer the executable, we could access it with their code. It's just a bummer that they sat on it to the detriment of the game. Oh well, back to business as usual.

Cheers Very Happy


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Nst_tv10
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Location : Nky
Points : 266
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-10-16

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by John J. Stevens on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 20:03

that was something you and I spent a long time discussing - we have lots of clues but few new leads - think we were both hoping that this was one.

Still stand behind the idea that DRx can be rebuilt quite effectively on ARMA tech as a full blown mod to address those people that ARMA still really doesn't hit in their all out sandbox approach.

Surprisingly with as much as they have come, they still are weak on stealth awareness by the AI - still all too all knowing and hivemind like


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Steven13
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Location : WV/PA
Points : 284
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by tvig0r0us on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 20:44

John J. Stevens wrote:Surprisingly with as much as they have come, they still are weak on stealth awareness by the AI - still all too all knowing and hivemind like

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that they can locate and hit a target the size of a dime from 200m in the brush after .2 seconds.


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Nst_tv10
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Location : Nky
Points : 266
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-10-16

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by John J. Stevens on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 15:11

yep


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Steven13
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Location : WV/PA
Points : 284
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Regg on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 00:00

I tend to think the QuickBMS method is the "correct" way to get at the contents of the WIN_000 files. Someone like the user aluigi on the xentax forums probably has the ability to work it out, but I wonder why no one ever did. The QuickBMS page even boasts about how many games it can extract; why not add DR to the list? Does anyone know if any progress was ever made with games like Colin McRae DiRT or the F1 series games? These are other CodeMasters titles that also use WIN_000.NFS files. I bet CodeMasters used the same tool for packing games and just changed the encryption key.
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Points : 143
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-02-22

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by tvig0r0us on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 02:15

Yep, it was done with GRID. There's something more to it with DR. Hell, if we could figure it out for Red River too, maybe we could port elements from one into the other and make one be all end all version of Operation Flashpoint... the community frankenstein edition. Just dreaming out loud :p


I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Nst_tv10
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Location : Nky
Points : 266
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-10-16

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Jase1983 on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 18:52

God this sounds pretty hard i guess this is why i cant find the texture paths for the faces which i want to mod

Jase1983

Points : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by dewi316 on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 19:40

tvig0r0us wrote:Yep, it was done with GRID. There's something more to it with DR. Hell, if we could figure it out for Red River too, maybe we could port elements from one into the other and make one be all end all version of Operation Flashpoint... the community frankenstein edition. Just dreaming out loud :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdXPXIMumcw&feature=player_detailpage

Damn that would be one fine game, Dragon Rising Island with Red River animations, maybe one place to start is contact whoever opened up the GRID files.  What a Face
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Location : swansea
Points : 178
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

I have some documents, but do not know how to edit Empty Re: I have some documents, but do not know how to edit

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum