Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashes during LAN co op?

2 posters

Go down

Crashes during LAN co op? Empty Crashes during LAN co op?

Post by mclovinballs Thu 10 Jul 2014, 01:13

So I have a buddy I play with and I try to make missions. When I try to play the missions by myself, it works, but I crash to desktop when hosting via LAN. It has only worked for about 2 out of 6 missions. Anybody know if this use to be a problem with coding or something else?

mclovinballs

Back to top Go down

Crashes during LAN co op? Empty Re: Crashes during LAN co op?

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 10 Jul 2014, 13:32

Just to be sure I understand your problem correctly, it has loaded and run successfully a couple of times, but otherwise it crashes to desktop right away.

What are the player entity names in your missions?? You cannot use the entity names player, player1, player2... they are reserved by the engine to inject the player plugs into the mission and naming your player entities this way causes a crash outright.

If you could post a mssn I'll look over it to see if anything jumps out at me, but without seeing what's going on it's hard to say.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by mclovinballs Thu 10 Jul 2014, 17:56

tvig0r0us wrote:Just to be sure I understand your problem correctly, it has loaded and run successfully a couple of times, but otherwise it crashes to desktop right away.

What are the player entity names in your missions?? You cannot use the entity names player, player1, player2... they are reserved by the engine to inject the player plugs into the mission and naming your player entities this way causes a crash outright.

If you could post a mssn I'll look over it to see if anything jumps out at me, but without seeing what's going on it's hard to say.

Cheers Very Happy

The entity naming may be my problem as I've been naming them that. Just in case, http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08204536559450204694.

Edit, renaming the entity names worked. Thanks, can't believe it was something so simple.

mclovinballs

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 10 Jul 2014, 18:51

Great!!  bounce You're very welcome. I'll look over your mssn when I get a chance.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down