Operation Flashpoint 2017

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Operation Flashpoint 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Operation Flashpoint 2017

Post by The-Hoff on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:08

Hi Templar. I just edited my initial message, maybe I shouldn't have as you were glad to have the info about the stuttering.
I edited because I saw several other issues that has prevented my from going much further.
They are of a random nature apart from the long play option with crashed everytime. If you re-read my previous message, you will see the additional issues I was having. Thanks.

Just to let you know, whilst the stutter was resolved (when reloading after quitting to the main menu) whilst using playing quick play. I cannot load at all from long play without crashing to desktop. I tested 5 times in a row by killing myself as soon as leaving the helo and trying to restart but with no joy.

The-Hoff

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Hoff on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:33

Hi Templar, I have been doing more testing. I again tried long play (I set the file to read only this time but not sure if that makes a difference) and now I am able to quit and reload a previous checkpoint, the annoying framerate fluctuation is there as expected. If I quit to the main menu, I cannot find the save to try jump back into my game. Is this because I haven't cleared the first area and made a proper first save?

Edit - I am trying to clear the first area to create a save (if this will create a save in the main menu) so I can quit to the main menu and load it to check the stutter issue. But I am unable to last more than 5 minutes without crashing again. The crashes are random for me to pin it down. I wanted to spend the whole day testing various things for you but the crashing is getting in the way of that Crying or Very sad

The-Hoff

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:43

Ok I don't think you quite understand how to use Long Play mode which is causing a bit of confusion and crashing Razz

Long Play is where you start a FRESH NEW game each time, but Island War will load in the islands state from its checkpoint file.  You don't load a checkpoint if you die, you start a new game as a new spec ops landing on the island.  Just choose where you want to land (if you wanna get down and going quick, choose somewhere you have captured!)

Loading a checkpoint in Long Play just doubles the attempts to load a lot of data and so that is probably why it crashes rather than just stutters.

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Hoff on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:55

Thanks, that explains a lot. The only issues that remain then are -

1) Reloading checkpoint stutter (starting a new game and landing at the previously taken checkpoint from long play does resolve this but it is not perfect).
2) Random crashes, even from complete new games. Mine are so random that I cannot pin down why it is happening. My last few games have crashed within 5 minutes of play. I don't know if this is widespread with other users.

The-Hoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum