Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios

3 posters

Go down

Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios Empty Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios

Post by PoundlandBacon Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:34

Hi, I'm hoping you guys might be able to help.

I've made a profile for Dragon Rising for Nucleus Co-op - https://github.com/lucasassislar/nucleuscoop  basically allows split screen play on some games which weren't designed to support it.
Dragon Rising largely works great, but I can't for the life of me work out the aspect ratio settings, so the gfx look distorted:
Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios Unknown
I copied the modded exe to support extended resolutions, and  I also installed EGO Engine Upgrade 2017.
At the moment i'm using (per instance - half the screen) resolution width="1920" height="540" aspect="2.4"
As you can see this is still not right, but the only higher AR is 4.8 which is too high. Is there a way to calculate supported ratios, or a ratio in between 2.4 and 4.8 that might work?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by PoundlandBacon on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 21:14; edited 2 times in total

PoundlandBacon

Back to top Go down

Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios Empty Re: Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios

Post by TheGeneral Tue 05 Dec 2017, 21:31

Templar might be the guy to know this one. He's been playing with VR stuff so aspect ratios might be something he'd know more about.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios Empty Re: Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios

Post by PoundlandBacon Wed 06 Dec 2017, 14:49

Thank you so much for your reply! Smile

I've PM'd him, fingers crossed...

PoundlandBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by PoundlandBacon Wed 06 Dec 2017, 15:47

Another image, all running 60 fps on a gtx1080. As it's 4 16:9 instances there's no AR issues,just used the default:
Creating a Split Screen profile for Dragon Rising, need help with aspect ratios Unknown

PoundlandBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 08 Dec 2017, 03:24

Hi PoundlandBacon

In order to use custom aspect ratios you first need to add the desired ratios into the restrictions files so that the game will accept it.

Data_Win\System\Hardware_Settings_Restrictions.xml

Code:
            <!-- Aspect Ratio -->     
            <restrict_set name="aspect" default="2.35">
                <allowed value="1.333333" />
                <allowed value="1.777777" />
                <allowed value="1.6666" />
                <allowed value="1.8" />
                <allowed value="1.9" />
                <allowed value="2.0" />
                <allowed value="2.1" />
                <allowed value="2.2" />
                <allowed value="2.35" />
                <allowed value="2.4" />
                <allowed value="2.5" />
                <allowed value="2.6" />
                <allowed value="0.5" />
                <allowed value="0.8" />
                <allowed value="0.9" />
                <allowed value="1.0" />
                <allowed value="4.8" />
            </restrict_set>

Here is a basic set with alot of options you can copy/paste over the default set

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by PoundlandBacon Fri 08 Dec 2017, 22:00

Thank you Templar, that worked great!
Your help is MUCH appreciated! Very Happy

PoundlandBacon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sat 09 Dec 2017, 12:58

The man delivers again! Nice one temps!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down