Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KDRA multiplayer games!

5 posters

Go down

KDRA multiplayer games! Empty KDRA multiplayer games!

Post by TheGeneral Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:19

How do you guys fancy a set time once a week to play a map?

I know we are spread from the four corners of the globe but Even if you manage to play for an hour or so with each other them we can try and build ourselves a little online gaming community as well.

This can role into NFMZ's idea of gaming prizes, (until the prizes run out that is! lol!)

Now becoz on my map England is the centre of the world, LOL! HOW egocentric is that??? lmao! and GMT is the central time zone that defines all other time zones. LMAO! here I go again! lol!

how about if we try and sort an arranged time that is suitable for most of us and be on the forum at that time using the chatbox to arrange a game.

I had two ideas for this:

1: we have a set map that we use for that day and everyone plays that map as group. PvP, TvT, or COOP campaign.
or
2:we have everyone meet up and then someone suggest a map to play then whoever fancies joining that map away you go and shoot the fun up on DR.

I know this is where a Dedicated server comes in handy, but we haven't really got one have we so this is a solution to it so far, unless you wanna join up on tunngle and do it that way?

Just an idea, any thoughts?

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

KDRA multiplayer games! Empty Re: KDRA multiplayer games!

Post by JurekCello78 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:42

Hi,

Thats really good idea:)
It would be even better than with normal online multipleyr where, already after 5 months after DR's release people would need to wait countless hours to have some decent PvP running (and after some BS chatting in lobby crashing at map start due to hacks and cheats lol).
I dont know if any of you guys tested those Custom PvP matches, cause as far as i recollect there is some number halffinished maps or maps without PvP checked in ME, but thats just a speculation.
I remember playing some King of The Hill by NiRiBu, and it was actually fine working map. So, long story short: are those maps tested in anyway for playability?

Despite this I'm all in if my time will allow me to have a playthrough ( someone little is waiting to get out of some really cosie small room to start concerts each 4 hours Very Happy:D:D)

Cheers
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:26

yeah works for me. We used to have what we called "Friday Night Flashpoint" and alot of guys would turn out. Its a pretty good idea i am game!!!

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:39

I remember back in 2010 the most of fun we had with friends playing "infiltrations"(the best were still original ones: "On Home Soil" and "High Point"), and sometimes but not so much "supremacys"( "Island Control"was the fastest one, the most intense was "Salt Flats").
Annihilations were most of the times (first year after release) just "shoot everyone maps", even teammates Sad , later became maps for blinds (some people playing "Choke Point"as AT USMC from start point were shooting down with SMAW PLA "cows" taking off... PLA snipers on the East Hill spamming with MGL Jeep and thus spawn raping any USMC....sad.
Infiltrations (especially night ones, even some custom) always had most of DR's intenseness and tactical approach requirement; especially if Host set up server Hardcore dif. with respawns disabled Laughing Twisted Evil
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:19

You know what! I really like this Idea. I also think it is a great way to for mission designers and players to come together and provide some real time feedback, which would certainly be a benefit to both. Imagine that! Mission makers and players coming together to share experiences, advice and feedback during development of a mission.
I found that the typical player on tungle where non interested in trying something that was not already (auto) installed on their system.

CHAT
I really think chat ability is key to strategic play. I've heard about some members having team speak accounts with servers, but I really have no experience with this and am unsure about how that works for all involved. It would be great to get some sort of "chat" standard in place for these play sessions.
Previously I've done testing with other mission designers using skype to chat.
Through the web chat box we can meet up, share IP's, skype names or other chat related info for things like team speak or whatever. I'm not familiar with other chat software, but I know you can easily share files (mission updates) and have conference style chats through skype.
I would certainly love to bash around the Island with you guys. I do find that PvP seems to be really plagued with lag compared to Co-op. At least the original ones, I'm not too sure about the smaller 5 on 5 type scenarios though.

Count me in for a DR Tumble.
Perhaps we should have a post dedicated to posting play times where those available can confirm availability.

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c4nucK Wed 02 Jan 2013, 17:45

I have a few friends that have their own Teamspeak servers. If this goes down someone let me know, I'll give everyone the teamspeak addresses and passwords.

c4nucK

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:47

Same here I have a TS3 server up 24-7

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 02 Jan 2013, 20:01

I have just recently installed Teamspeak becoz I managed to get Arma 2 in that deal you posted about NFMZ. So I can use either. we really need a medium where everyone has one or the other or both.

At the moment I know that, JohnStevens, TJ, Tvig, Animus, Myself, Jurekcello ddeo use skype, I'm not sure on the others but I am definate about these few I mentioned.

there is no point in setting up a game with each other if we are not compatible in a communcation form. We need a set comms service to use and use that all the time.

On the other hand, we can do things this way.

Friday night GMT 10pm, I go online here ready to play a game and anyone can join. I put up the options TS or Skype for comms. whoever has either and we are ready to go then thats the one you use.

Team speak is not all that hard to setup either, just for the uninitiated, just make sure you choose the user server instead of admin server when downloading the package. Follow the wizard and hey presto you are sorted. Its not that hard really!! unless there's a naked woman on ya lap!! LOL!

As a test I'm going to set one up on friday at 10pm GMT with a set map to play! I will post it on the website too and make it a Global announcement in the forum. If you wanna join in come and join in. It would be nice to see a few of us get together at this time, and even if you can't join in a hosted game, Use the same map and set a server up yourself.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down