Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW Steam Guides

4 posters

Go down

NEW Steam Guides Empty NEW Steam Guides

Post by nfmz1 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 13:28

NEW Steam Guides Steamguides

Hey with the advent of Steam guides we should get the guides and walkthroughs up as soon as possible!! i would include the ones for Operation Nighthawk and everything else that had walk throughs or guides. Do we have one for the EDX?

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

NEW Steam Guides Empty Re: NEW Steam Guides

Post by tjdagger Fri 18 Jan 2013, 14:25

This looks very interesting! Keep us posted on what you find out. I've got a new mission and about five mods almost ready for release.
The new mission is built completely with these five mods plus a couple still in development.
Mdogg is putting together some great entry level information in his guide.
Tvig's EdX along with his mods too!

This could be good.

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 18 Jan 2013, 16:15

I am doing the guide for the edx in the manual, thats what the whole purpose of it is for. It is really basic stuff but there are a lot of pages, I am at page 50 and one just finished the second module for the EDx at the moment. I've already had to translate everything over from word to publisher after some advice from TJ about what I was using.

It does look good the steam guides but I don't really wanna transfer everything again over to another guide. I'll play around with it and have alook maybe for an update or something but at this stage I'm too strapped for time.

Not only that though Steam makes me jump through hoops to do anything. I'm only limited to two friends on there which is a pain in the ass. I have to purchase summit or what ever just to up my account, what a loada bull!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 21:08

just convert it to a PDF in Publisher is all then upload it you can make links within the guides to spit you to a website or file.
Also you can direct link to the EDX in the forums as well. No need to make the guide actually I have found out. I am using Google docs for everything

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Fri 18 Jan 2013, 23:31

you guys are reading my mind - STEAM has a lot of players - I guide is a simple way of fueling the site - start off simple with one of the whole island missions. More ambitious would be - lift and repub (with appropriate notices) one of the walk-through guides or use it as a template to write your own - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising is a nice one
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down