The Perfect Plan

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Perfect Plan Empty The Perfect Plan

Post by tjdagger on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 01:02

The Perfect Plan Theperfectplan

Briefing
When we snuck into the sub base and destroyed those two subs... our plan looked good.
When we landed on the beach and began destroying their fuel stores... our plan looked great.
When they sabotaged the fuel supply we brought with us... it was 'The Perfect Plan'.

Now we are stuck in no-mans land without a drop of fuel. We must liberate a PLA fuel truck and get it back to our armour.
Aerial drone intel indicates 4 fuel trucks nearby. One at the Radio Station. One at White Fang Complex. One at the Pumping Station and one at Borosovka.

The PLA have the whole region secure. Take an 8 man squad and infiltrate enemy territory and return with a fuel truck.
Good Luck.

Features
Proof of concept with EdX multi scripting Modular coding framework.
Active Mortars Mod
Sat Cam with Napalm and cluster bombs Mod
Random spawning Mod
Helo Mod
Vehicle Mod
Complex and simple bunkers Mod
Co-op Squad mod
Placeable Mod
Play as Campaign or single mission

DOWNLOAD

Last edited by tjdagger on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:56; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Mission Update NEW link)

The Perfect Plan 8adb54ef2dbe24a4ccf87626e12261e7

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Plan Empty Re: The Perfect Plan

Post by tjdagger on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 01:40

The Perfect Plan Tpp210
Stats:
57 mortar bunkers (don't worry, at least 3 are US controlled)
23 Complex structures
54 gun emplacement bunkers
Enemy troop vehicles
Enemy Armour support
Enemy troop helos
Enemy Gunships
Loads of ammo crates scattered around key locations
A **** load of PLA troops
available Napalm = 4
available Cluster Bomb = 3
available JDAM Airstrike = 2

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 02:55

Thanks!!!!!! I'll let you know how it is! Very Happy

HomerPepsi's OFDR Filebeam Folder
HomerPepsi's YouTube Channel
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:02

OOPS! Just updated the mission download.
Found an issue... I exported the scripts as text and that just stuffed things up.
Fixed now in first post.

Cheers,

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 18:45

First play, heading east across the bridge, fought my way past three bunkers looking good. heading for the next visible bunker high on the hill. along came a 4 ton transport wagon empty (strange) sniped the driver with the 50cal feeling smug, squad 4 and 5 opened up and killed the only passenger, things were safe decided too push on up the hill No. I wasnt going too walk / run id fix the wagon and my troops could do the leg work. gave the order too advance up the hill, fixed the wagon and jumped in the drivers seat,at that moment my troops came under fire whilst advancing up the hill, Idea quick thinking id drive up the hill giving my troops a rolling barricade too return fire whilst drawing fire maybe they could finish the job quick and get me out of this scrape. Not too be a rpg to the fuel tank lit me up like a firework kaboom Shocked, time too rethink a new stratergy. Enjoying what very little ive played so far, must say im enjoying the pacing of the mission great work.
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 01:19

That's awesome dewi316, the rpg came from one of the troops (Quote: 4 ton transport wagon empty (strange) ) who would have been on the truck but dismounted when they spotted you or a team member... in this case before you saw them.
I'm happy to hear your liking the pace. I've try'd to portray a "deep" in enemy territory feel.

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:45

Thanks Tim, can't wait to give this one a go.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 14:15

OK downloaded and reposted. On another note I see where people are expecting lots of downloads quickly and that won't happen unless we get the word out there. So next time try also posting in Steam forums,IGN or where ever you goto. SOMEONE will always be looking for something new. I try and not making my own links to the files and instead direct the person here to the forums. Will that get more people on here? who knows but at least we're trying right? Also you should make your mission because you love doing in not that you expect praise. if that is the case S.A.R. needs a roommate.

The Perfect Plan Perfectadswrdo

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 13:18

Enjoying it very much so far.A bit of advice for anyone using the ladders.It's a good idea to go down backwards and use them like proper ladders.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 13:26

pyhunter101 wrote:Enjoying it very much so far.A bit of advice for anyone using the ladders.It's a good idea to go down backwards and use them like proper ladders.

crouching helps too!

tvig0r0us wrote:Thanks to everyone that has supported and stuck with OFDR along the way. It is a great game and is largely under appreciated, but those of us that love it are happy to have others to enjoy it with.

tvig

The Perfect Plan Nst_md15
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 21:19

Ok I love the towers they are definitely bad ass!!!. Mission is kickin my ass as usual which is a good thing I don't want it to be easy. One thing tho it keeps yelling at me this:

The Perfect Plan Nomortas

What is a Mortas? And how the hell did I break it already.... hehe

Yeah love the towers and small touches of the mission:

The Perfect Plan Pp02

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 20:47

nfmz1, It means you have broke the mortar and can't use it, unlike in SWGW and D Day if you blow up the mortar they are still usable.In other words he's improved the mortar system.
Having a few problems myself, the tower at the start location very rarely appears for me,get the occasional duff checkpoint (the last one was near the end of a video I was doing for youtube but had to scrap) and the ladder tower just showed a row of spades and fence last time I played.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:00

I was being a smartass actually lol I was messin with his "mortas" spelling is all

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 22:19

To be honest I had to look up the correct spelling (my spelling is awfull).

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 00:01

pyhunter101 wrote:nfmz1, It means you have broke the mortar and can't use it, unlike in SWGW and D Day if you blow up the mortar they are still usable.In other words he's improved the mortar system.
Having a few problems myself, the tower at the start location very rarely appears for me,get the occasional duff checkpoint (the last one was near the end of a video I was doing for youtube but had to scrap) and the ladder tower just showed a row of spades and fence last time I played.
My spelling is also bad... obviously.
Rendering issues are still a bit of hit and miss. I also found the tower at the beginning and sometimes not all mortars spawned. Interestingly a quick mission restart will correct this. I discussed this issue with Tvig and he also has noticed similar issue in his mission making adventures. The cause and reason however remains a mystery.
I would also suggest that visual settings such as resolution may affect rendering. For example I have two desktop pc's and a laptop setup for lan play. At times I can see stuff on my screen that the other computers can't. Also the direction from which you approach any object will determine what else is currently spawned in game at the same time which will in turn affect visuals. However despite the visuals missing all the physics for invisible objects will be present.

Cheers

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 21:05

I've just done the white fang mission but it didn't complete when I fetched the fuel truck back.Also (I don't think this has anything to do with your mission, just thought I would throw it out there) I blew a mortar up from an APC at white fang to create a checkpoint and my gun sights started working in opposite.It was that bad that I had more of a chance firing from the hip and no chance with the sniper rifle.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 21:38

please dont take it to heart i was messing with ya. I actually like it. It's like Arnold yelling "GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!" lmao

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 23:15

pyhunter101 wrote:I've just done the white fang mission but it didn't complete when I fetched the fuel truck back.Also (I don't think this has anything to do with your mission, just thought I would throw it out there) I blew a mortar up from an APC at white fang to create a checkpoint and my gun sights started working in opposite.It was that bad that I had more of a chance firing from the hip and no chance with the sniper rifle.

Hmmm... did you drive the fuel truck up close to the apc's? I assume you did so I'll have to check that. You should get an on screen message then the game ends in 20 seconds.
I've been sitting on an update. I've just been refining a few things and I just noticed again last night that when I got to Borosovka the truck was gone. The truck are in game from startup. I'm assuming that either the ground rendering flipped the truck as I approached causing it to loose its mobility which would have caused a code cascade eventually resulting in the truck being destroyed then despawned shortly after, or the pla jumped in it and drove it in the water, however the AI are told to ignore the fuel trucks.
I think I may have to devise a check to see if a truck still exists at each location as you approach, and if not then spawn in another. Because getting all that way(admittedly dying a few times) and finding no truck was a kick in the pants.
Oh, and well done getting to white fang and back.

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:05

I had to get the fuel truck off the enemy at white fang (so ai not ignoring). I noticed there was no fuel truck at Borosovka but presumed I'd blown it up with napalm by mistake (tried to direct the napalm after ordering it instead of before).
I've completed it a few times.The first time I played (before reading the instructions and realising that you gave the locations of the fuel trucks) I found a fuel truck at the fuel depot and completed ok.Twice it's not completed at the end.
On one of the 3 times the tower at startup actually appeared, I climbed the top to try and take out the mortar troops on the hill opposite, they targeted me, blowing up 2 of the empty apc's then the friendly's (not under my command) got into one of the empty fuel trucks and drove off.There's only Borosovka I havn't completed yet.I been going to madlenka every time to steal a vehicle off the enemy so I don't have to walk.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:42

Thanks Phyhunter,
great feedback, I put some extra measure in place to try to stop the AI from mounting fuel trucks.
It's interesting that it has completed ok sometimes, but not other times.
Do you recall if the time it completed correctly was the time that the tower appeared at the beginning correctly?

Cheers

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 22:33

It's completed with and without the tower at the beginning, although the tower always seems to be there when I get back.
Can confirm no fuel truck at Borosovka.Just gave it another go but no joy.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:17

Just released a new update, link in first post has been updated with new file for download.
I had to move the fuel truck at Borosovka slightly. It should now be there.
As for the tower spawning at beginning... it seems that if you are moving and not standing still at the beginning it helps register an onEnter event as the triggerzones spawn in for the tower and mortars etc.

Cheers,

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:35

Cheers Tim, I'll give Borosovka another go.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by oANIMUSo on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 04:42

download link empty. Sad

The Perfect Plan AnimusSig
oANIMUSo
oANIMUSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/oANIMUSoTube?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 12:43

Think i might have rendition somewhere. I'll take look later.

tvig0r0us wrote:Thanks to everyone that has supported and stuck with OFDR along the way. It is a great game and is largely under appreciated, but those of us that love it are happy to have others to enjoy it with.

tvig

The Perfect Plan Nst_md15
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next