Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Perfect Plan

+3
dewi316
HomerPepsi
tjdagger
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Perfect Plan - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Plan

Post by pyhunter101 Thu 31 Jan 2013, 21:05

I've just done the white fang mission but it didn't complete when I fetched the fuel truck back.Also (I don't think this has anything to do with your mission, just thought I would throw it out there) I blew a mortar up from an APC at white fang to create a checkpoint and my gun sights started working in opposite.It was that bad that I had more of a chance firing from the hip and no chance with the sniper rifle.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Thu 31 Jan 2013, 21:38

please dont take it to heart i was messing with ya. I actually like it. It's like Arnold yelling "GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!" lmao

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Thu 31 Jan 2013, 23:15

pyhunter101 wrote:I've just done the white fang mission but it didn't complete when I fetched the fuel truck back.Also (I don't think this has anything to do with your mission, just thought I would throw it out there) I blew a mortar up from an APC at white fang to create a checkpoint and my gun sights started working in opposite.It was that bad that I had more of a chance firing from the hip and no chance with the sniper rifle.

Hmmm... did you drive the fuel truck up close to the apc's? I assume you did so I'll have to check that. You should get an on screen message then the game ends in 20 seconds.
I've been sitting on an update. I've just been refining a few things and I just noticed again last night that when I got to Borosovka the truck was gone. The truck are in game from startup. I'm assuming that either the ground rendering flipped the truck as I approached causing it to loose its mobility which would have caused a code cascade eventually resulting in the truck being destroyed then despawned shortly after, or the pla jumped in it and drove it in the water, however the AI are told to ignore the fuel trucks.
I think I may have to devise a check to see if a truck still exists at each location as you approach, and if not then spawn in another. Because getting all that way(admittedly dying a few times) and finding no truck was a kick in the pants.
Oh, and well done getting to white fang and back.

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:05

I had to get the fuel truck off the enemy at white fang (so ai not ignoring). I noticed there was no fuel truck at Borosovka but presumed I'd blown it up with napalm by mistake (tried to direct the napalm after ordering it instead of before).
I've completed it a few times.The first time I played (before reading the instructions and realising that you gave the locations of the fuel trucks) I found a fuel truck at the fuel depot and completed ok.Twice it's not completed at the end.
On one of the 3 times the tower at startup actually appeared, I climbed the top to try and take out the mortar troops on the hill opposite, they targeted me, blowing up 2 of the empty apc's then the friendly's (not under my command) got into one of the empty fuel trucks and drove off.There's only Borosovka I havn't completed yet.I been going to madlenka every time to steal a vehicle off the enemy so I don't have to walk.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:42

Thanks Phyhunter,
great feedback, I put some extra measure in place to try to stop the AI from mounting fuel trucks.
It's interesting that it has completed ok sometimes, but not other times.
Do you recall if the time it completed correctly was the time that the tower appeared at the beginning correctly?

Cheers

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 22:33

It's completed with and without the tower at the beginning, although the tower always seems to be there when I get back.
Can confirm no fuel truck at Borosovka.Just gave it another go but no joy.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:17

Just released a new update, link in first post has been updated with new file for download.
I had to move the fuel truck at Borosovka slightly. It should now be there.
As for the tower spawning at beginning... it seems that if you are moving and not standing still at the beginning it helps register an onEnter event as the triggerzones spawn in for the tower and mortars etc.

Cheers,

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:35

Cheers Tim, I'll give Borosovka another go.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by oANIMUSo Mon 11 Aug 2014, 04:42

download link empty. Sad
oANIMUSo
oANIMUSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/oANIMUSoTube?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 11 Aug 2014, 12:43

Think i might have rendition somewhere. I'll take look later.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by oANIMUSo Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:59

Found it in this list of DLC
Mission Bank
oANIMUSo
oANIMUSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/oANIMUSoTube?feature=mhee