Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Flashlights?

3 posters

Go down

Green Flashlights? Empty Green Flashlights?

Post by Regg Wed 13 Mar 2013, 15:51

I noticed while playing recently that my weapon flashlights are green. No

I'm using TemplarGFX's "Better Lighting" package plus a "Better Lighting 2011 Test - Clear" I found. Can post screenshot if needed.

Thanks!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Green Flashlights? Empty Re: Green Flashlights?

Post by HomerPepsi Wed 13 Mar 2013, 16:28

Depends on what mission your playing. Some missions use an Entity Database that has been modded to include a green or red flashlight. There is nothing you can do about it unless you recompile the missions MSSN file (which you would need to obtain from the mission creator) with another Entity Database.

HomerPepsi's OFDR Filebeam Folder
HomerPepsi's YouTube Channel
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Wed 13 Mar 2013, 16:46

Actually making my own mission right now! So it must be whatever db i'm using, thanks.

slightly off-topic, but what about LUA to control my fireteam's usage of weapon lights vs night vision?
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 13 Mar 2013, 19:18

I can send you mine if you like??

I the green flashlight was put in from the improved DB created by Skaa a.k.a DDeo. He felt the flash lights needed to be green to be more of an illuminator rather than a torch.

I use a DB which would be a good base template for the UDB if it comes to it, it includes some extra units to be used with the modules, and all the weapons flashlights are white. There is one that has a larger and possibly brighter spread, just through me experimenting.

tvig0r0us wrote:Thanks to everyone that has supported and stuck with OFDR along the way. It is a great game and is largely under appreciated, but those of us that love it are happy to have others to enjoy it with.

tvig

Green Flashlights? Nst_md15
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Wed 13 Mar 2013, 20:31

Sure! I'm getting into my first mission with modules.
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 13 Mar 2013, 21:08

Regg wrote:

slightly off-topic, but what about LUA to control my fireteam's usage of weapon lights vs night vision?

there is an autocomplete code in the latest update of the EDx for you to register units to have torches on or off at night, I haven't used it fully yet, but I'm aware you have to regsiter whatever unitgrouporechelon in the command I think??? Tvig will be able to explain this a bit better he wrote it!

tvig0r0us wrote:Thanks to everyone that has supported and stuck with OFDR along the way. It is a great game and is largely under appreciated, but those of us that love it are happy to have others to enjoy it with.

tvig

Green Flashlights? Nst_md15
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum