Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest News 21/8/2013

Go down

Latest News 21/8/2013 Empty Latest News 21/8/2013

Hi guys!

This month will be a two part blog spot. Starting with, why I've been quiet with DR this month.

There are three reasons mainly I think. first off, I have played DR pretty much non-stop for the past two and a half years and played a heavy part in the community for most of this year as you know. I have used up a lot of my own hours on the game and have decided to take a bit of a sabbatical with it. I'm still floating around here as you know.

Secondly, a new clan will be opening up in the new year "SEAWOLVES" (more later,) and I have been playing a lot of Arma OA and trying to learn a bit of code and learn the editor for that. Plus learning the game more and getting used to using the controls. So when it comes time in the new year I will be ready to play with people in the clan.

Thirdly, my girlfriend gave birth to our third child a month ago, so this has taken precedent over some of my gaming hours, albeit me playing arma. lol!

Anyway, enough about me! lol!

Some changes are taking place shortly. the forum needs a bit of a clean I think so we'll start with the off topic threads.

OFF TOPIC THREADS

I have noticed that there has been a massive amount of posts appearing relating to this section in our forum and thought, they are being wasted a little bit and building up full of unvisited threads. As you may know I have started to show you a little of what the new intention is. Mdogs OffTopic This is what I would like everyone to do from now on if you don't mind. If you find something that is to be placed in Off Topic, Start the thread with your username and follow it with OffTopic. All your findings and random lunacy stuff goes into your own OffTopic thread.

I will be going through the whole section as time proceeds and filing things into peoples own threads, if you have already posted some stuff in there, be a gem and try and re-org it if you can. If you can't I'm sure us Admins will help you out by moving stuff around for you. If you are posting for the first time  just post if like I mentioned. No need to reserve posts unless you feel you need to, but I can't see you really needing too tbh anyway.

All this is for really is to cut down on the amount of threads that are there and gives you all your own personal slot to post all kinds of things in there. We will all know that there is something new posted by yourself because, it will appear in the LATEST TOPICS list.

Other threads and sections.

I will be going through the threads aswell over the rest of the forum and having a look at some old threads whether they need cleaning up or not.
I will not be deleting anything unless I have approval from the other admins too. They will receive a pm with all the threads "if any" on whether the thread does need cleaning or not.

Other News!

this will lead on to the second part of the blog spot this week. I have been talking heavily with NFMZ1 over the past few months about a project he has been wanting to get off the ground for quite some time.

NFMZ1 used to be apart of a clan that played any type of shooter that was around. He is looking to bring this back to life in the new year and has asked me to help be involved with it. This will give people the oppurtunity if you are willing and can spare the time to play on a regular basis and be apart of something.

SEAWOLVES.

This is the clan  mentioned earlier. They will be playing again all types of shooters  and sims across the board and will be cross platform gaming. NFMZ1 is a big PS player aswell as PC. So if you are in the queue for a PS4 this year then apply and join in the fun. There will be the games that we all talk about on here available to play and there will be other things involved for yourselves as part of the clan.

I will be talking more with NFMZ1 this week and getting together some more info on the website that is being designed, the format for the clan and what will be entailed in the joining process and having game nights etc.

So watch this space and hopefully we can have a good run of some decent games with some decent people.

Cheers

MD over and out!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit