Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars

3 posters

Go down

Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars Empty Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars

Post by cpcannon Wed 25 Jun 2014, 00:41

TemplarGFX i am hoping you see this post on this forum. In relation to the IWassistant you have setup for islandwars, is it possible for the assistant to track you regardless of what mission or campaign you are playing? I really like loading the assistant on my second monitor.

cpcannon

Back to top Go down

Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars Empty Re: Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars

Post by tvig0r0us Wed 25 Jun 2014, 05:51

I'm uncertain whether or not TemplarGFX still lurks around in these forums. I certainly hope so, but in any case, the IW assistant requires an external file to be updated with the information from within the game. I cannot remember what he made it with, but if I had it and his source project I could probably build it right into the EDX. To more directly answer your question, it will not work on just any mission as it takes queue's from the scripting in IW itself. If Templar is around he can give you a much more verbose explaination.

Cheers Smile
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars Empty tvig0r0us question on Island wars corrupt saves

Post by cpcannon Sun 29 Jun 2014, 16:01

tvig0r0us, not sure if you are able to help me but here is the issue i am having. When i get like at or over 30% of the island captured my save gets corrupted. I have tried the fix by creating the restart.iw2 in the games main folder and i then reselect campaign to start new but it does not seem to load the previous data. Do you know the proper procedure to get it to load the data from the islandwar2.chk? I am apparently doing something wrong, either not creating the restart file correctly or not restarting the campaign correctly. It is painful to get so far into the mission and have to restart never to reach the light at the end of the tunnel heheh.

cpcannon

Back to top Go down

Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars Empty Re: Question for TemplarGFX regarding IWassistant for IslandWars

Post by tvig0r0us Mon 30 Jun 2014, 05:44

TBH, I'm going to have to look through the mssn for Island War to remember exactly what the recovery process is. Bear with me and I'll see if I can find some answers for you. I know there is an error or two in the script for the mission, though I do not know iff that is the cause for the error when loading from a checkpoint. I'll do my best to get more information.

Cheers
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cpcannon Tue 01 Jul 2014, 02:16

Sounds good. I appreciate any help you can provide. So you know the process i use to try and recover.
1. create new text file restart.iw2 in the main game folder. I do not remove any of the existing files.
2. I go to campaign and start a new campaign and select islandwars 2.8 complete which is the version i am running.
3. When the game starts it shows to two beginning objectives, arrive on the beach and capture the first town and no other areas are under my control.

Note: I am running version 1.02 of the game in Steam. I do have the overhaul mod "OFDR_SP_Overhaul_Mod_v2.0" installed as well.
one other thing is while i am playing i will hear the sound like when you are starting out on the beach at the beginning " Use cover get off the beach fast etc..." but i am in the middle of the campaign. Then the save became corrupted. At least that is what happened this last time. Cant be sure that is what happened every time it has became corrupted.

cpcannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Tue 01 Jul 2014, 11:49

...sorry off topic,

Templar's stuff here:
http://filebeam.com/folder/6934

Laughing sadly... East 2 West - The Long ass Battle! mission wasn't made for campaign
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:54

Morieza wrote:...sorry off topic,

Templar's stuff here:
http://filebeam.com/folder/6934

Laughing sadly... East 2 West - The Long ass Battle! mission wasn't made for campaign

Not to fret. Simply create a campaign file and place it in the mission group directory. You'll need to change the entry that reads:
Code:
<element name="missionFolder" type="0" playMode="0" showPreMssnScreens="1" showPostMssnScreens="1" />

so that "missionFolder" is the name of the mission folder. It will then load as a campaign.

The whole file should look something like this:
Code:

<campaign id="634055759011073755">
    <name>Your campaign name</name>
    <description>Small campaign description</description>
    <icon></icon>
    <elementSet>
        <element name="missionName" type="0" playMode="0" showPreMssnScreens="1" showPostMssnScreens="1" />
    </elementSet>
</campaign>

Let me know if you need help Wink

EDIT:
I should clarify that this file is to be named "campaign.xml". If you copy the contents of the second code box above into a file of that name inside of the mission group folder you can basically convert any mission into a campaign mission.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Wed 02 Jul 2014, 02:55

tvig0r0us wrote:Not to fret. Simply create a campaign file and place it in the mission group directory...
EDIT:
I should clarify that this file is to be named "campaign.xml"...

Thanks a lot tvig'!, it works!  Razz ,
I never tought that it was that easy to convert any mission into a campaign mission in DR.

campaign.xml
Code:

<campaign id="634055759011073755">

<name>East 2 West</name>

<description>Long ass Battle</description>

<icon></icon>

<elementSet>

<element name="battlepoint2" type="0" playMode="0" showPreMssnScreens="1" showPostMssnScreens="1" />

</elementSet>

</campaign>

Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Wed 02 Jul 2014, 03:20

Morieza wrote:
tvig0r0us wrote:Not to fret. Simply create a campaign file and place it in the mission group directory...
EDIT:
I should clarify that this file is to be named "campaign.xml"...

Thanks a lot tvig'!, it works!  Razz ,
I never tought that it was that easy to convert any mission into a campaign mission in DR.

That's what I'm here for Wink Enjoy your new east to west campaign!!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cpcannon Fri 04 Jul 2014, 01:11

Wow sorry man Morieza but that was pretty rude to hijack my thread like you did.....................

cpcannon

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 04 Jul 2014, 01:34

LOL.. easy now. To get the thread back on track, I've looked through the mssn again for IW and did not find anything that I wasn't already aware of. This mission is known to cause OFDR to fumble a bit due to the size and scope of the mission. It seems that all missions with alot of things going on in them are doomed to the same fate. I'll try to fix up the issues that I'm aware of and post a file for you to try out, but I'm not sure whether it will fare much better. Just so you know, I'm spread a bit thin right now so it may take some time to get it together. In the mean time go over to the user mission section in the forum and try out some of the other user content, there are some great missions over there.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cpcannon Fri 04 Jul 2014, 05:45

All i am really looking for is information on my second post on the proper procedure to resume from a corrupted save campaign. I tried to follow Templars instruction but have yet to successfully get the data to draw from the IslandWar2.chk using the restart.iw2 text file creation per his instructions

cpcannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Fri 04 Jul 2014, 16:59

@cpcannon: I'm sorry, I didn't meant to hijack your thread.

btw, about load the data from the islandwar2.chk,
please edit IslandWar2.cfg, then set "Always Load Checkpoint File" to 1.

EDIT:
...creating text file restart.iw2 is for MP Coop.

note:
I'm using Island War 2.8 full version from the link in my post above (post 6)
, not from OFDR_SP_Overhaul_Mod_v2.0.

Last edited by Morieza on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 20:00; edited 1 time in total
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 04 Jul 2014, 17:06

Ahhh.. that might be the ticket Morieza. I forgot about the cfg file. There are also a couple of coding errors that I might fix and post a revision, but I'd rather see TemplarGFX do it, or at least have his blessing. I don't particularly like modifying and posting other peoples work.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cpcannon Fri 04 Jul 2014, 21:32

Morieza wrote:@cpcannon: I'm sorry, I didn't meant to hijack your thread.

btw, about load the data from the islandwar2.chk,
please edit IslandWar2.cfg, then set "Always Load Checkpoint File" to 1.

EDIT:
...creating text file restart.iw2 is for MP Coop.

note:
I'm using Island War 2.8 full version from the link in my post above (post 6)
, not from OFDR_SP_Overhaul_Mod_v2.0.
I too am running the full campaign 2.8. I will give that a try. Thanks for the reply. His instructions didnt mention anything about mp/coop.

cpcannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down