Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLA Pilot fix

3 posters

Go down

PLA Pilot fix Empty PLA Pilot fix

Post by Zeewolf Mon 20 Jul 2015, 22:53

Don't know why this hasn't been fixed in community EntityDatabases before but there are meshes, textures and a bonemap for PLA helicopter pilots. Here's an example of a quick fix for i34plpilot (before on the right, after on the left).

PLA Pilot fix 8qW20VV

Much better eh?

Here's the slightly modified EntityTemplate:

Code:
<EntityTemplate ID="61207978091243740" Name="HeliPilotPLA" FolderID="137948460486522022" ParentID="63947643881547996">
   <ParamSet ID="133265572129171676">
      <ParamSet NestedAs="HelmetBodyArmor" ID="64471207224305826" />
      <ParamSet NestedAs="LightBodyArmor" ID="64471207761176738" />
      <ParamSet NestedAs="inventory" ID="64689187254200540">
         <ParamSet NestedAs="Inventory" ID="136746781292128476">
            <Param Name="SlotNVG" Group="DefaultGroup" Type="shortname" Value="NVG" Flags="1" />
         </ParamSet>
      </ParamSet>
      <ParamSet NestedAs="GameObject" ID="64790124298266844">
         <Param Name="UIArtName" Group="DefaultGroup" Type="shortname" Value="s_heli_pilot" Flags="5" />
         <Param Name="UIName" Group="DefaultGroup" Type="shortname" Value="trp_heloplt" Flags="7" />
      </ParamSet>
      <ParamSet NestedAs="Character" ID="65297087414691895">
         <ParamSet NestedAs="Persona" ID="137354681452619831">
            <Param Name="rank" Group="DefaultGroup" Type="int" Value="11" Description="The character rank" />
         </ParamSet>
      </ParamSet>
      <ParamSet NestedAs="AnimatedModel" ID="68413732478040225">
         <Param Name="boneMap0" Group="AnimatedModel" Type="string" Value="c_body_cha_heli" Flags="3" Description="Name of bone mapping if required" />
      </ParamSet>
      <ParamSet NestedAs="UnitInfo" ID="205323166167099612">
         <Param Name="category" Type="shortname" Value="HelicopterPilot" Flags="2" />
      </ParamSet>
      <Param Name="RENDER_BODY" Type="string" Value="c_body_cha_heli" Flags="3" />
   </ParamSet>
</EntityTemplate>

There are a few more unused "pack" meshes available but they aren't as interesting:

c_packs_cha_snip2
c_packs_chs_snip2
c_packs_usm_snip2
c_packs_uss_snip2
c_packs_uss_fire

Zeewolf

Back to top Go down

PLA Pilot fix Empty Re: PLA Pilot fix

Post by TheGeneral Tue 21 Jul 2015, 14:22

nice work there mate! i' surprised this has been overlooked aswell. Can you show some images of the others too even though they might not be that good, just so we can see the potential (if any) here.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeewolf Wed 22 Jul 2015, 19:04

Well I'll also add a bit of an explanation as to how DR's meshes are working. Each soldier actually consists of three meshes and bonemaps; "body", "face" and "pack". Body is the overall skin including uniform and helmet, so there's a usm_base and a uss_base for example (One being a Marine, the other a MARSOC operator). The face is the familiar mesh seen in the mission editor but also probably includes hands since these are linked to ethnicity. Finally "pack" controls what appears attached to the soldier's tactical vests in terms of rucks, pouches and hydration bladders.

So because the remaining unused meshes are "packs" they make only very subtle changes to the appearance of a unit. But here's a comparison to the default unit packs as requested...

c_packs_cha_snip1 vs c_packs_cha_snip2
c_packs_chs_snip1 vs c_packs_cha_snip2
c_packs_usm_snip1 vs c_packs_usm_snip2
c_packs_uss_snip1 vs c_packs_uss_snip2
c_packs_uss_gren1 vs c_packs_uss_fire (front)
c_packs_uss_gren1 vs c_packs_uss_fire (back)

So as you should be able to see, the snip1 pack which is being used for both sniper and heavy sniper units of each base type (USMC, US Spec Ops, PLA, PLA Airborne) is actually the "light" version (M21 or QBU88 mags). The snip2 should have been used for the heavy sniper units (M82 or M99).

The US spec ops fire team leader is currently using a standard grenadier pack, when he could be using his own custom pack.

The entity templates can be updated in the way shown in the OP, just bear in mind that the bonemaps work as follows: bonemap0 = body, bonemap1 = face, bonemap2 = pack. There's also inheritance going on via the ParentID attributes, so child entity templates are not assigning these attributes and are instead inheriting their value from their parents (this should be a familiar concept to anyone who has learned any form of object oriented programming). Also remember that all "ID" attributes in the database must have unique values.

Zeewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 22 Jul 2015, 20:53

dude that is great work, and thanks for explaining things for us. I know TemplarGFX worked on something to do with uniform colouration at one point but I can't for the life of me remember what it was he was trying to acheive. It was rather a test I think than a releasable piece of work. 

Please please please don't give up on any work like this. Although the forum is quiet, I myself keep up to date with new posts like this and I'm sooooo happy that someone like yourself has had a stab at something nobody has really looked into yet. As far the DB are concerned there was only really weapons and vehicle config changes released, as well as the various advanced enchancements that templar released. 

I see a little shining light on the horizon if more things are to come out like this. Like I said, please keep at it and help to open the inside of the DR belly.

Multiple thumbs up. 

To the rest of the forum please up vote this thread. This is one of the most major pieces of work in the past two years for DR. Not forgetting the work Templar did on the lighting fx. Up Vote guys please. show your appreciation!

Thanks again Zeewolf.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 25 Jul 2015, 13:28

Very cool!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us