Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some questions and a little idea

5 posters

Go down

Some questions and a little idea Empty Some questions and a little idea

Post by runerback Wed 23 Dec 2015, 05:47

Glad to see TemplarGFX back here. And I have lots of questions( not really lots) and some idea.

I modified some sounds in game, such like 1st person weapon, replaced the song after "press enter" with the theme song of COD9, replaced the engine sounds of dpv with the sounds in FMOD example folder. But when I plan on changing other weapon sounds and explosion sounds, I didn't find where the file is, then someday I got it: in the folder with path "data_win/audio/speech" and file name is "adpcm.fsb", but it's broken, almost all sounds of explosion are corrupt and I cannot replace them with other sounds found on Internet, it seems that at each distance there are more than 3 sounds. So I want to know did someone got that file perfectly?

About the *.stf files... I'm trying to got size info of texture just from its stf header, then I can make one application that could convert stf file to dds file then convert it back to game format after modified. I modified a little textures, include the moon, the press-enter screen background, seahawk, one kind of building, m1a2, mk17, and the ground. I'll upload these files to OneDrive later. (I cannot open any google website)

Then it's about *.fui files in game which are flash files. Maybe there are many "secrets" in MissionEditor folder. The converter changed pure picture file to *.fui file is called "TextureConditioner.exe", just in same folder of MissionEditor.exe, the parameters format is: TextureConditioner.exe -width Width -height Height -win "input file name" "output file name". Mission Editor usually use it to convert mission picture to a file with name "mission.dat". Then I try to figure out how it worked with IDA, but I only know how to use C#... So I gave up soon. In "Database" folder, there are some swf files, I guess they have same format of fui files. I got the stf format with dds files here too, so maybe there is a same way to get "secret" of fui files.
Mission Editor is writen by C#, I can get most code with ILSpy, but it's too complex. This need a long time I guess.
Today I saw a thread post by zeeewolf on VME: All XML files and complete folder structure for v1.03, then I think if the game files are compressed by LSZZ algorithm, there are certainly a solution to get all game files, I hope someone can got it.

I'm not very good at English though I'm learning it, so maybe I post some confusing sentence here.

However what I most want to know is still about "ADPCM.fsb"...

runerback

Back to top Go down

Some questions and a little idea Empty Re: Some questions and a little idea

Post by runerback Wed 23 Dec 2015, 16:24

Grass in game will be removed by modifying the file "data_win\graphics\ground_cover\ground_cover_types.xml". I don't know whether this is already known.
Sorry but I can't open drive.google.com or onedrive.live.com Sad and imgur.com!!
When someday I can enter onedrive I'll upload them...
Some pictures:

the press-enter page

mk17 and soldier

m1a2

type81

seahawk(obviously I just changed the texture of doors)

ground(without grass)

moon

one building

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by runerback Fri 25 Dec 2015, 15:27

I can only through VPN to get here now Shocked

I upload a little texture files to dropbox:

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8sec8c4f7vsm7k/new textures.rar?dl=0]Download Here[/url]

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by runerback Fri 25 Dec 2015, 16:12

Sorry I forgot to delete MissionEditor missions folder.

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 25 Dec 2015, 21:20

runerback wrote:Glad to see TemplarGFX back here. And I have lots of questions( not really lots) and some idea.

I modified some sounds in game, such like 1st person weapon, replaced the song after "press enter" with the theme song of COD9, replaced the engine sounds of dpv with the sounds in FMOD example folder. But when I plan on changing other weapon sounds and explosion sounds, I didn't find where the file is, then someday I got it: in the folder with path "data_win/audio/speech" and file name is "adpcm.fsb", but it's broken, almost all sounds of explosion are corrupt and I cannot replace them with other sounds found on Internet, it seems that at each distance there are more than 3 sounds. So I want to know did someone got that file perfectly?

About the *.stf files... I'm trying to got size info of texture just from its stf header, then I can make one application that could convert stf file to dds file then convert it back to game format after modified. I modified a little textures, include the moon, the press-enter screen background, seahawk, one kind of building, m1a2, mk17, and the ground. I'll upload these files to OneDrive later. (I cannot open any google website)

Then it's about *.fui files in game which are flash files. Maybe there are many "secrets" in MissionEditor folder. The converter changed pure picture file to *.fui file is called "TextureConditioner.exe", just in same folder of MissionEditor.exe, the parameters format is: TextureConditioner.exe -width Width -height Height -win "input file name" "output file name". Mission Editor usually use it to convert mission picture to a file with name "mission.dat". Then I try to figure out how it worked with IDA, but I only know how to use C#... So I gave up soon. In "Database" folder, there are some swf files, I guess they have same format of fui files. I got the stf format with dds files here too, so maybe there is a same way to get "secret" of fui files.
Mission Editor is writen by C#, I can get most code with ILSpy, but it's too complex. This need a long time I guess.
Today I saw a thread post by zeeewolf on VME: All XML files and complete folder structure for v1.03, then I think if the game files are compressed by LSZZ algorithm, there are certainly a solution to get all game files, I hope someone can got it.

I'm not very good at English though I'm learning it, so maybe I post some confusing sentence here.

However what I most want to know is still about "ADPCM.fsb"...

Unfortunately I cannot remember anyone stating they had cracked that file and got it working.  I remember some people did try replacing sounds, but were unsuccessful

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by runerback Fri 25 Dec 2015, 23:56

TemplarGFX wrote:Unfortunately I cannot remember anyone stating they had cracked that file and got it working.  I remember some people did try replacing sounds, but were unsuccessful
So I'll show you how to replacing them Wink

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sun 27 Dec 2015, 00:35

It's actually easier to add sounds than to replace them.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by runerback Mon 28 Dec 2015, 03:13

I found the way to change MissionEditor to development mode.

First, download the tool here: GrayWolf

Open GrayWolf.exe, drag MissionEditor.exe into left panel, then follow these steps:

Then click Save button at left down corner.

Open MissionEditor-Edit.exe, click the Tools menu, there are three new sub menu. But... I don't know what they are used for.

However there is a problem after recompiling MissionEditor, when objects on map are selected, no white square around them.

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:36

hmmm....! maybe you could swapp ideas with Templar on this one mate. I certainly have no idea.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Mon 28 Dec 2015, 21:38

Too bad we can't do this with the game executable.

--tvig
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Mon 28 Dec 2015, 23:51

runerback wrote:I found the way to change MissionEditor to  development mode.

--snip--

However there is a problem after recompiling MissionEditor, when objects on map are selected, no white square around them.

Its always better to remove rather than add lines when editing with an app like that.   If you are using a more robust app with Reflexil in it, you can add stuff, but that only supports microsoft standard libraries. so no EXE's

Code:

0      idc.i4.1     System.Boolean MissionEditor.DevModeManager::m_devMode
1      ret
idc.i4.1 = Integer of value 1,  used as Boolean True in assembly (idc.i4.0 is False)

is enough to get Devmode enabled.  Unfortunately it doesn't give us anything significant

Mdog wrote:hmmm....! maybe you could swapp ideas with Templar on this one mate. I certainly have no idea.
I was hoping to fix the Mission Editor this way to stop the error checking from freezing it. but no luck so far Sad

tvig0r0us wrote:Too bad we can't do this with the game executable.

--tvig
Unfortunately not!

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by runerback Tue 29 Dec 2015, 04:43

TemplarGFX wrote:
I was hoping to fix the Mission Editor this way to stop the error checking from freezing it.
These code is in luacomplier.dll, which is write by c++ clr. I was trying to convert C# code to C++, then I found it's very terrible so I quitted. I'm looking for a way to modify clr codes directly.

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by runerback Tue 29 Dec 2015, 05:28

TemplarGFX wrote:

--snip--

but no luck so far
I want to do this all the time, but I just thought close error checking is not a good idea. So... instead I closed the code auto complete function... Now I really find I'm fool.

The method is in "MissionEditor.exe/MissionEditor/LuaScriptView/CodeEditor_TextChanged", go to the last line which offset is 55, then change the ldc.i4.1 to ldc.i4.0, so the error checking timer will never start.

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Thu 03 Mar 2016, 12:53

Game Object Metadata sounded like a promising file to explore for other internal pointers or construct
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down