Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Placing trees and buildings

+4
dewi316
oANIMUSo
John J. Stevens
tvig0r0us
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Placing trees and buildings Empty Placing trees and buildings

Post by runerback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:05

Placing trees and buildings Placab10

Placing trees and buildings Placab13

Placing trees and buildings Placab14

Placing trees and buildings Placab15

by MDDYM.

runerback

Back to top Go down

Placing trees and buildings Empty Re: Placing trees and buildings

Post by runerback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:30

By adding new EntityTemplate, they will appear in props in MissionEditor.
If the need arises, I can upload lists of them.
But the same question is they are not associated with the physical data.

And he post this on 2012-04-28 17:06. Smile 

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 05 Jul 2014, 15:38

Yep... we've known about this for quite some time. If only we could figure out how to link them up with their associated files. Another example of thanks for nothing CM.
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Sun 03 Aug 2014, 14:22

posting up the new EntityTemplate with these props would be a good idea and help them from being "un-filed" - although it is understood that they don't have physical properties, they can be used to provide more pseudo-camouflage to chokepoints along valleys and other areas.

There are a couple of OPEN drop boxes available to post - here is mine - feel free to pick through and add

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fb3zz5l7qfodr/OFDR_Folder
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sun 03 Aug 2014, 15:59

Not too long ago I had another round of trying to get these to work right . I am 100% convinced that there IS a way to do it, but since there is no template we can use as a guide we just haven't been able to figure it out yet. It's in the cards somewhere, we just need to find out the right combination in the database.
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oANIMUSo Sun 03 Aug 2014, 18:02

I agree tvig. I'm betting the answer is in how we're implementing the EntityTemplate itself. If we just found the physics for one, we'd have a rosetta stone to work with.
oANIMUSo
oANIMUSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/oANIMUSoTube?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Sun 10 Aug 2014, 20:27

Regardless, the code/tech that put those trees down needs to be captured and published for others.  Additional narrative information is always helpful with the typical pro/con

Has anyone looked at CheatEngine as a quasi-disassembler - it seems that you can poke value in over hardcoded variables - more interested in the reverse engineering aspect than anything else.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by runerback Mon 11 Aug 2014, 00:47

To place them on map, you should create them in EntityDataBase first.
Open entitydatebase.xml then add new EntityTemplate, such as:

Code:
<EntityTemplate ID="66283238905899243" Name="tr01blo1a" Description="Bloom 1A" FolderID="65890866784138000" ParentID="66120864308685034">
<ParamSet ID="138340832943827179">
<Param Name="objectType" Group="DefaultGroup" Type="shortname" Value="tr01" Flags="1" />
<Param Name="objectID" Group="DefaultGroup" Type="shortname" Value="blo1a" Flags="1" />
 <Param Name="sectionID" Type="shortname" />
</ParamSet>
 </EntityTemplate>

EntityTemplate ID, ParentID could be any number as you like, but they should be unique compared with the other which already existing

Name and Description are unlimited.

FolderID: as same as other object, or create by yourself.
Then objectType,objectID和sectionID are coming. You can see them in the figure below.

Trees:
Placing trees and buildings D8af1b10

The struct of trees is:

Code:
objectType_objectID
sectionID are not exist here, but they are in buildings.

Buildings:
Placing trees and buildings F5792710

The struct of buildings is:

Code:
objectType_objectID+sectionID
For example:
bd01_barna01
Code:
objectType="bd01", objectID="barna",sectionID="01"

By MDDYM on 2012-04-28 17:06.

I just copy and translate them here... ... a porter  Arrow

runerback

Back to top Go down

Post by oANIMUSo Mon 11 Aug 2014, 01:04

Just thinking backwards; but could this be used to remove models? Such as useless airplane blocking hangers where vehicles could drive in and out.
oANIMUSo
oANIMUSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/oANIMUSoTube?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Thu 04 Jun 2015, 17:13

Did this ever get uploaded so that others can test it out - it would be a shame to leave this semi-documented
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 05 Jun 2015, 04:52

Don't think it ever got uploaded because it never totally worked. I still have the db with the building templates that I made in it, but same old problem, no physics. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it some time.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Fri 05 Jun 2015, 05:21

tvig0r0us wrote:Don't think it ever got uploaded because it never totally worked. I still have the db with the building templates that I made in it, but same old problem, no physics. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it some time.

Cheers Very Happy

Please do, I will have a look at the physics issue

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Fri 05 Jun 2015, 18:47

tvig0r0us wrote:Don't think it ever got uploaded because it never totally worked. I still have the db with the building templates that I made in it, but same old problem, no physics. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it some time.

Cheers Placing trees and buildings Icon_biggrin

Please do, I will have a look at the physics issue

This is off the scale!  Oh my God make this happen!
I would spend hours making new towns and villages,
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 05 Jun 2015, 19:20

Pity we can't do anything about the roads, making a new road net would be nice and adding a few more buildings in that way would bring the island a whole new life. 

there is always the exstension of the existing towns and building up areas that have a single road through open terrain too. A little like Lartskoye.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 07 Jul 2015, 23:09

@Tvig + Templar did you two correspond on the physics issue at all? 

Be interesting to see any follow up to it?
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 09 Jul 2015, 00:17

Not yet. I need to find that db and get it posted up somewhere.
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 19:32

Just an observation I found in game, If you place a box or something small on the ground to act as a step, you can step through the walls of the original buildings in DR.
So this leads me to believe that the buildings use some sort of skeleton structure to stop you passing through the walls. I wondered if the new buildings you are placing using the new data base could stop bullets, this would mean they have some kind of structure. Just not the skeleton structure to stop you passing through the walls.

I think I remember someone saying about a Tank that you could get shot in from the enemy using small calibre rifles, and this was due to the fact that the armour had the wrong numerical value for steel. This was then letting the bullets through, just a few ideas that have me puzzling and wondering if the fabric for the buildings isn't something similar to this.
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Wed 15 Jul 2015, 20:30

typically most models have what is known as a collision box that works with the math functions of physics and interaction.  Vegetation doesn't have any which is why we walk through them but AI sees through them.  If someone got hit from inside a tank it was more than likely a glitched collision model that had a gap.  There is some shockwave physics that will damage people within a radius even behind walls.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Tue 21 Jul 2015, 14:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YMx0etmg3_A

Maybe this helps, anything to get those files open.
I realise this may have been tried but would be great if we could crack this!
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 21 Jul 2015, 14:25

if it has been used before mate then it's a no go on that one, but if it hasn't been used, I'm sure it might be worth looking at. 

I think the main issue is the encryption later on the deeper into the fiels you go which was the main hurdle. People could open the files to a certain point then the encryption would lock it down.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeewolf Wed 22 Jul 2015, 17:44

No, that's not the case. You will find that it's only compression of files that is the problem not encryption. If you extract large uncompressed files such as the .fsb sound banks you will find that they are absolutely fine. Similarly small compressed files can be extracted and decompressed just fine by QuickBMS's LZSS decompression. But for some reason the larger compressed files don't decompress properly and the output is corrupt, whether this is a flaw in QuickBMS or something else is unknown.

What's needed is someone who understands this compression algorithm and its derivatives to look at one of the extracted files (prior to any attempt to decompress it) to see what's wrong.

Zeewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 22 Jul 2015, 20:56

there's ya answer Dewi, I always thought it was an encryption problem. I've never tried to open them or even use anything like QuickBMS so I'm none the wiser. Thanks Zeewolf for explaining. 

where the **** have you been hiding? could have done with you a few years back.  Razz Wink
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeewolf Wed 22 Jul 2015, 21:37

Ahh you guys have short memories, I was back there at the beginning! I'd like to think I made some of the more useful contributions to the legendary "How To Extract the win_000.000 Files" thread on the CM forums. Then there's the reMiSSioN modding tool I wrote, which allows you to convert exported missions back to mssn format (with some caveats). You may also remember my amusing attempt to create a "dedicated server" using just Autohotkey. Happy days.

Anyway, as I explained in my (still unresolved) multiplayer locality thread, I've made a return because I'm now actually making missions for Dragon Rising rather than strange little tools that no one remembers. Previously I was busy maintaining an incredibly ambitious multiplayer mod (Modern Warfare Crisis) for OFP:CWC/Arma:CWA, despite some ground breaking features (MP compatible flashbangs, AC-130 kill streaks, create-a-class mode etc) this never saw much uptake over at BI forums because multiplayer for that game had long since died. So one business PC refresh cycle later and I've moved to another game that no one plays any more, this is all due to the fact that these games are being played over my work's LAN at lunchtime, so we're a bit restricted hardware specs wise, (fortunately this time I had a say in the specs of the new machines we got).

DR recently "won" the competition to pick the next game we would play (it was up against Arma:Armed Assault, COD4 and UT2004). So now I'm cranking out multiplayer maps while working on a much, much more ambitious project to transform the game using external programs that manipulate things like the entity database. I'll explain more about it if someone answers my questions on that multiplayer locality thread.

Zeewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:36

zeewolf wrote:You will find that it's only compression of files that is the problem not encryption. If you extract large uncompressed files such as the .fsb sound banks you will find that they are absolutely fine. Similarly small compressed files can be extracted and decompressed just fine by QuickBMS's LZSS decompression.

So this is were we must start, and see what can be taken from the smaller files first. If I'm not mistaken in the link I posted, I'm sure these files could be cut down using this HJSplit tool, would this not alleviate the problem of corrupt files when decompressing?

Looking at the win 0.01 files isn't each one the same size? 8.0 MB. maybe the programme has moved on and been updated so as now corruption of the files doesn't happen? who knows??

For me the Holy Grail would be to find the physics for the buildings.
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 22 Jul 2015, 23:00

thats one hundred fifty lines for you dewi! handwritten, no copy paste, no excuses the dog ate my harddrive, the cat ate my mouse! Rolling Eyes Laughing tuttut! "I must find the quote button." in by friday with a full jar of jelly beans on my desk!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next