Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for a zombie mod

+2
nfmz1
TheGeneral
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ideas for a zombie mod Empty Ideas for a zombie mod

Post by TheGeneral Wed 19 Dec 2012, 21:18

Ideas for a zombie mod Skirai11

I absolutely love this picture! I would like to use for my Zombie mod NFMZ1. But I'm not sure about callig it Skira Undead though. the "undead" are actually infected like the film 28 days later. The infected are plagued with pure rage and have an inssesant appetite for killing, (Not Eating People). My test names for my files are prefixed DRZ at the moment so I know what they are about etc, so I need something that would work with the way the "zombies" are.

I'm really inclined to go with the free roam large island thing aswell. The Infected wouldn't need much coding tbh, I have an idea of what I can do to them to minimise that, much of the coding will work around waht the player/players are doing more than anything.

Ideas so far are:

• My intention is to try and instill abit of fear into the player by making it less is more.

Adding custom sounds.

Not much play will be during the day unless I come up with an idea to make it daylight for a particular reason.

Full 3.30min long cinematic at the start. This will set you up to how things are for you in the game.

A series of Tunnels for you to escape from.

Objectives to help you get around the island instead of just aimlessly wondering about trying to kill as many as you possibly can.

minimal weapons unless you are lucky.

TJ's stealth code will probably be used in it also and I want to use the fact that you can be smelt in one way or another instead of being seen, a.l.a Walking Dead.
    So when you think you have gotten away with hiding you better not be out of breath or injured for you to run.

some areas will be more populated than others obviously, towns could/will be dangerous, but the hicks house on the distant hill could need clearing so you have a place to kip and get your head together.

I know there were some ideas that were mentioned in the previous thread of this, but can we bring them back again please? I'm wanting to get working on this soon and I'd love this to be the one thing I release by myself if at al possible and I don't come down with pcbiffeyetis.

Cheers guys!

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Ideas for a zombie mod Empty Re: Ideas for a zombie mod

Post by nfmz1 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 00:11

it was just an idea so whatever you call it i am sure we can come up with something for it.
Here's the plain version with no name on it:

Ideas for a zombie mod Skiraisland01

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 20 Dec 2012, 00:35

Would DRZ be too like DayZ at all?
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 00:54

Kinda but it also would be like DZS which is Dynamic Zombie Sandbox which is another Zombie mission for ArmA 2. It works for me. You could say DayZ is a rip of the book World War Z or WARZ for short. Its an infestation right? What About DRI lol anyways it's upto you. Its your baby.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 18:10

Maybe you could make some areas safe zones during the day lets say and then hostile at night, this could be too catch your breath plan your next move and patch up wounds. As well as ammo crates what about healing packs, inside the ammo crates. What i meen is you run out of syringes and have too look for fresh supplys, these could be marked on the map with a cross maybe.Also the use of vehicles. ie. Desert jeeps much closer too the action with very limited fuel and restrict the speed so the zombies always stay close adds to the scare factor. if you limit the gun quota too 80% pistols found in ammo crates 19% Ak47 1% sniper rifle scoped ultra rare maybe just 2 in number on the whole island. Also a damage model too reflect this ie. Sniper 1 shot = kill, Ak47 3 shots= kill, pistol 4 shot= kill, headshot with any =kill, just a few mad ideas cheers dewi.
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 05 Feb 2013, 20:54

I had an idea the other day that involved the airfield as the only safe area on the island and that was where you can replenish your ammo and things. the rest of the island would be infected.

the premise I may go for is after D-day and Nighthawk, I'm going to continue the work for Project Genesis now that the modules are prety much ready to be used. This will then run into my zombie mod idea once the missions progress over the island, more than likely you would have had a good run around the island first. then when you get to possibly the saltflats, (I have already started something here to kick it off) you are then stuck are the far end of the island needing to make you way back. you have no way of communicating with the rest of the battalion at Raskovo, so you basically have to make you way on foot or however back there. Once there you are tasked with the clean up teams to go back out and clear any areas that are infected.

This is just an idea at the moment, but it's feasble to do. Just means I got my work cut out. lol!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:02

Last night I was messing with my tunnels set up and I have now managed to get the "zombie" to spawn in and attack me. I also threw in a soundbyte of a groan I found on the net. Works really well too.

I got a few little creases to work out on this then I'll post a video up soon.

I'm pretty chuffed with this new step forward, this spawn issue was holding me back for a while because I can't wait to show you guys this. I actually crapped myself when I was pplaying it last night even if they only have a knife but I have adjusted the damage values so unless you get a headshot everytime you got your work cut out. Plus its pitch black in there.lol!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 18 Mar 2013, 23:28

woohooo! I have some cool things being built at the moment on this zombie mod.

first of I have managed to build a nice new set of tunnels, thanks to TJ for his activeplaceables mod, and, I am also able to place lit fuel barrels in there too, (which are explodable).

I have also managed to scare the total **** out of dewi the other night with a test of custom zombie soundbyte I made and placed it in the game. If you were able to have seen this you would have been in fits of laughter like I was on screen share with him.

I have also began work on what I have called "megastructures", now this is a little time consuming but things are coming together and as a result I have managed to build a bridge from Skira to Skirinka.

I have soooo many ideas here I don't know where to begin. But I could do with a little help if anyone wants to join in on helping me map out the island.

what I could do with is places that could be used as safe houses, ammo stashes, bunker emplacements, pla hideouts, static vehicles and some particle fx of burning wreckage etc.

If you wanna jump on board and help me out with this I'm all ears and happy to show you the ropes of using the editor if you haven't done it before.

I've also come up with a name for it, but like any writer of a story this could change???

OFP:Decimantion
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 19 Mar 2013, 01:18

here you go folks, something that you will be seeing in the mod. Please hold ya cards up for the gymnastics halfway through. cheers

TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:27

I've been thinking about what to do about time of day. I'd like to do a full free roam over a night but it wouldn't feel plausible having the player doing so many things over such a big island in about eight hours of darkness.

Bare in mind the game is much better at night and will spook you more. I could use dawn and dusk but I'd really not use full daytime.

Any ideas of a work around?
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Wed 20 Mar 2013, 01:34

I give you an 8/10 for the first flip, but only 5/10 for the jumping around at the end Razz

thats one hell of a bridge you have there!

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:30

thanks Temp! I forgot to do my finishing stand at the end so I guess that does mark me down on points! lol!

anyway, is there no one else fancy helping me to prop out the island. All I need is places that have props in it. Like safe houses, towns, ammo caches etc. You don't need to code anything, just place them on the map where you think they would be suitable and save as a marker collection and send that marker file to me.

just pick an area and place stuff, that's it! if I get say three or four of you helping to place stuff I could cut the build time by half I reckon. The prop placement is the biggest job on this.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 22 Mar 2013, 00:07

ahem *cough* https://operationflashpoint.forummotion.com/t159-activeplaceables-module#1069 ahem

*cough* any*cough*body

*cough*propplacement*cough* help needed!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 01 Apr 2013, 18:37

White fang has had a make over!

here are some images!

Ideas for a zombie mod Bandic10

Ideas for a zombie mod Bandic11

Ideas for a zombie mod Bandic12

Ideas for a zombie mod Bandic14

Ideas for a zombie mod Bandic15

Ideas for a zombie mod Bandic16

Ideas for a zombie mod Bandic17
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 21:16

ok that is sick brother.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 03 Apr 2013, 17:20

nfmz1 wrote:ok that is sick brother.

this is a sneak peak, the left side has changed, up at the top next to the conctrete bunkers, and I have other stuff on the rooftop that will certainly blow ya mind. But I'm leaving that for the release. hehehe!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Wed 03 Apr 2013, 18:34

nfmz1 wrote:ok that is sick brother.

This.

Shocked Keep it up!
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnoblar Mon 15 Apr 2013, 09:11

In my opinion an awesome Zombie mod would be one where you have the conventional military holding against enourmous waves of either traditional zombies (undead headshots only) or fast 28 Day Later style zombies. As in you have say a platoon of Abrams, some LAV's and a platoon of infantry and you basically have a full blown war against the bastards, like the Battle of Yonkers in World War Z.

Gnoblar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 15 Apr 2013, 09:59

Yeah the battle of Yonkers was part of the plan for some ideas in this. At the moment, i thinking of a single player game because of the ability to use the custom sound fx for the zombies.

There is a headshot quick kill for them aswell, and they run straight for you, fast! One of the ideas I have is you need to defend white fang from a horde, but I can't get the ai to use the elevated props ATM. Grrrr!

Plus this will be a survival game so your health will degrade or your stamina will drop making harder for you to get away unless you find food and other stuff to keep you going.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnoblar Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:22

Mdog wrote:Yeah the battle of Yonkers was part of the plan for some ideas in this. At the moment, i thinking of a single player game because of the ability to use the custom sound fx for the zombies.

There is a headshot quick kill for them aswell, and they run straight for you, fast! One of the ideas I have is you need to defend white fang from a horde, but I can't get the ai to use the elevated props ATM. Grrrr!

Plus this will be a survival game so your health will degrade or your stamina will drop making harder for you to get away unless you find food and other stuff to keep you going.

hmmmmmm. That sounds very 'Generic zombie mod' to me. I think in a game about all out war, there's an opportunity here to create something a little more unique. All out war!

Gnoblar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:33

Thats already been done by vengeful spirit!

I came up with the idea to start making this because of a comment made by Imblood on the previous forum about the zombies not being scarey enough.

I then decided to think how I could expand on that. I didn't want to have a full scale, onslaught every five minutes, that would just be overkill to the max. I then thought about what makes a scarey film??

Less is more! was the result. The fact that you cannot see them but you can hear them or hear various noises that say something might be around will make the player edgy in playing the game.

There will be parts of this where you may come across other units in game that are trying to stay alive aswell. So because of this I still have the battle of Yonkers floating around in the back ground. When I read that part in the book, I instantly thought how can I recreate this for DR, if it would even be possible?

I'm not going to make it so that the whole island is swarming with zombies and its a complete masscare, if thats the case I might as well play COD and shoot at anything that moves friend or foe.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:50

One of the ideas I was given by a community member was that there was someone that found out what happened to the island and why it was infected.

the Project Genesis campaign that myself and TJdagger were working on will feed into this. Project Genesis being the name of the experiments the Chinese were conducting on there soldiers to create the ultimate fighting unit. Things go slightly wrong with this experiment and they inadvertently create what will be a "zombie" unit.

I plan the create this combining the campaign we were making and the mod together. I have a mission I am making at the moment that will give a slight twist and feed some of the zombie ideas into it, but you will be part of the USMC and the rest of the US army, fighting these "zombies".

I do want to make this a free roam/linear campaign but due to limitations I'm going to have to have some sort of level system to work them together.

The White Fang plan is to eventually get the player to help defend the place after they have done a series of missions and then the free roam part starts. This is where you come across the findings of the guy who knows what has happened and you work your way around the island following his biscuit trail to help you along and survive and eventually get off the island.

So in some ways your "idea" of an All Out War game will be played out just not how you may envisage it.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnoblar Tue 16 Apr 2013, 03:55

Where is this vengeful spirit mod?

Gnoblar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:20

Try the mission bank in user created missions.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnoblar Wed 17 Apr 2013, 09:28

Mdog wrote:Try the mission bank in user created missions.

"Zombie stomp?"

Gnoblar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next