Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014

+12
dewi316
Morieza
tvig0r0us
simcardo
Regg
TheGeneral
rodrigofonseca
nfmz1
pyhunter101
Sayjimwoo
JurekCello78
HomerPepsi
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014 Empty [SP/Coop] This Is War 2014

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 16:04

This Is War 2014
by tvig0r0us

Current version: 2.8
Featuring PowerUp v3 by dewi316

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014 A2498c40b50db30e26309af8559cfcbe000562c3b2c62980b2433901e14b686f6g

This is war is an all out war scenario that plays itself out on the island of Skira. As you move embark on your journey, you can recruit soldiers into your squad and approach your objectives in any way you choose. This also includes a hotkey system and command system giving you dynamic objectives to accomplish throughout the entire game.

This is the second coming of the full freeroam all out war scenario. In this mission you can play along with up to 3 other players in a dynamic environment where giving ground can be just as important as taking ground.

You must remove all previous Versions or it can/will cause problems!!

To install This is War simply extract all three "This Is War" from the zip file and place it in the "data_win/missions" folder found inside your main game directory.  You will also need to run OFDR Hotkeys to access the hotkey functions from inside the game.   If you do not have the hotkey app simply copy "OFDR-Hotkeys.exe" to your main game directory.  Create a shortcut to it on your desktop and run it as administrator when you start Dragon Rising.

v2.5 fixes several objective points being buried in the ground and a crash that occured in coop play when a player mounted a static weapon.  I recommend completely removing older versions of This Is War and restarting with a fresh install of the misison. As always, please report the bugs and thank you for the bug report on the previous version.

v2.8 Features a rather large overhaul of the spawning system that intensifies the battle to a large extent. It also fixes a few placement issues and provides tweaks and smaller changes to other elements of the mission. There are quite simply too many changes over too long a period of time for me to remember. Enjoy!!

Todo list:
- This is the final release!

Hotkeys will be available from your numpad keys and will allow you to do the following.
Hotkeys:
0- Save game data/Create a checkpoint
1- Recruit soldier to your fireteam
2- Recruit fireteam to your squad
3- Dismiss fireteams from your squad
4- Advance time 1 hour
5- Cycle weather type
6- Cycle fog density
7- Turn scoreboard off/on
8- Turn on/off the onscreen debugging (off by default)
9- Turn on/off the debug logging feature (off by default)

This is an all out war scenario where the ai will move to objective areas and fight on their own, but the player can recruit ai to their squad and fireteam. Your objectives will be displayed along with information regarding the status of the capture points on the island. Just follow the objectives displayed on the screen. If you want you can also move onto other areas of the island. Provided the us doesn't control everything in the area you will find a fight.

Due to the efficiency of the new OFDR Mission Editor Expansion this mission has doubled in size and intensity featuring prop built locations all over the island in addition to all of the locations you might be used to.  Like all of my missions I intend to fully support and bugfix any problems found within This is War so if you find a problem, please report it.  Also, I've loaded so many prop locations onto the map you might run into something here or there that's a bit out of place, say a tent in the air or ammo crates half way buried in the ground, please let me know if you stumble on something like this as well.

As always, have fun!!

Download This Is War v2.8 here!!

This Is War v2.8

If you have any interest in modding this is war or exporting with a new entity database, you can give it a go using the mssn.  You will need to use the latest version of the OFDR EDX in order to successfully export the mission to a working version.
Download the mssn here >>>>>>>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?31l9hcq8gx4w5vp

Last edited by tvig0r0us on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 00:51; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014 Empty Re: [SP/Coop] This Is War 2014

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 05:29

Ugh... found a stinkin bug in the external save system. If you have a campaign save it should not be an issue, but if you restart with the external save file it will not initialize the entire island. An oversight when I updated. I'll fix and post soon as I get a chance. Sorry.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 15:37

This is war has been updated to version 2.3. This fixes the external save bug. You can get the new download here.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 18:15

This Is War has been updated again. As a result of the mission feeder incident, the file structure was changed from the original and the new release was not updated with the new structure causing a catastrophic failure in the mission right from the start. This has been fixed and the current mission version is now v2.4. Sorry if anyone downloaded that mess. It should work fine now.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Thu 27 Dec 2012, 04:43

The first video of my new This is War 2.5 series is up! Enjoy!

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episodes 4, 5 and 6.

Bunch of vids of version 2.0/2.1

Last edited by HomerPepsi on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 14:46; edited 5 times in total
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Thu 27 Dec 2012, 22:56

Hey, I've posted this is war on the OFDR Steam User Forums and Steam Community Page for OFDR.
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 01:19

Thanks for posting the vids and keeping the steam forums up to date on it.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Fri 28 Dec 2012, 13:02

Hey guys,

I have a small question concerning this mission. If I start it as Campaign, I appear within 5 man squad... and with no crates, vehicles and other team proceeding to their AOs. Is there something I do wrong or it suppose to be like that due to balancing things out for COOP?
As Single Mission though it generally speaking Kicks Ass:)

P.S. It happened on version 2.4 of This Is War.
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 15:18

JurekCello78 wrote:Hey guys,

I have a small question concerning this mission. If I start it as Campaign, I appear within 5 man squad... and with no crates, vehicles and other team proceeding to their AOs. Is there something I do wrong or it suppose to be like that due to balancing things out for COOP?
As Single Mission though it generally speaking Kicks Ass:)

P.S. It happened on version 2.4 of This Is War.

It sounds like you may have multiple installs. I suggest having a look at your missions folder and making sure there is only one instance of this is war. Also check the mission folder. If there is a settings file in there try to delete it. If all else fails, remove all traces of tiw and start with the 2.4 version from scratch. Let me know your results.

Cheers Very Happy

edit - Just to follow up I checked the files in the download and they appear to be the properly updated files. It's rather odd that it appears to work fine as a single mission but breaks when played as a campaign. If this problem persists, please let me know as I want to get it fixed asap. I appreciate the report.

Anyone watching this thread, if you play TIW, please let me know if v2.4 has worked ok for you, or are you experiencing similar problems. Thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Sat 29 Dec 2012, 02:09

Hi Tvig,

I've gave it a go and had a good 4 hours blast on it as Campaign:) I uninstalled anything related to This Is War in my game's directory and it worked like a charm:)SmileSmile

After i reached around 20% of Control i got some CTD just when I was going from NW PLA Bunker to 700 meters NE further location.

P.S. I've noticed so far 2 (possibly) bugged tasks:

1) Taranay : Retrieve PLA Intelligence Assets at Northern gate, somewhere around car and tank wreck. Could not see any box and always seemed to have around 40 meters distance to it.

2) 400 East from Lanstrov on the hill side: The same task, somewhere between military tents, invisible box, similar distance to that box wherever you go in it's direction (nearby).

P.P.S.  About that CTD, I'm taking in account that I run this game for good 2 and half year on a laptop (with not very good specs for advanced gaming) and it tends to be resource hungry everytime I start some more demanding things;) not mentioning OFDR with it's huge Island...

Last edited by JurekCello78 on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 20:18; edited 1 time in total
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 12:54

Thanks for the report JurekCello78. I went through the mssn and found all kinds of points buried under the ground. I can't believe I did that. I suppose when I was expanding the mission I copy pasted a point from one of the coastal locations and it just slipped right by me that all the points were asl. Anyhow, sorry again to all who downloaded this mission. What a mess. I'm getting it straightened out(or trying to) and I will release a forum only version for all to try out before I make a full release. Thanks again for the report and keep em coming. I want to get it all straight so you can enjoy it without dealing with stupid bugs.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Sat 29 Dec 2012, 18:31

Good to hear your still working on it. I wont update posts any more until these issues are solved! Thanks Tvig for your continued effort with This is War!!
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:11

Howdy again:)

I've reached about 32% Control Points and captured most of a western part of Skira. Now heading from bunkers on the Northern Coast, North from Malkovo, back to Malkovo to recap it from PLA Smile, through night, ended up at 05:00 AM (Skira Time).
Night time ingame is extremely intense and dropping arty on close targets is difficult, but sometimes its all which left to save your own ass Very Happy, and what a pleasure to see whole squads whiped out with accurate (panicXD) mortar mission. Plus always need to to stay frosty when going uphill expecting hostiles anytime Smile Smile .

Ok, I could write on and on about gameplay for hours XD, but can't write for others, I would love to hear anyone else having some tale from front;)

P.S. Back to business: I've found next possible burried Int.Ass. Box: It's in the bunker SW (around 400meters) from Malkovo, left side of the main western road.
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:12

Bump (shy)...
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

[SP/Coop] This Is War 2014 Empty This is War v2.5 rc1

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:40

Hi all, I've released a new version of This is War that should fix all of the known bugs (keeps fingers crossed). It's been in testing for some time and seems to be pretty solid to this point. This is a forum only release candidate and if it proves stable it will be the next full release version in the future. Thanks for playing!

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayjimwoo Sun 10 Mar 2013, 13:24

Looking forward to playing this thanks Very Happy

Sayjimwoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayjimwoo Sun 10 Mar 2013, 14:22

Hi tvig0r0us
Just started your game and loving it. I am about 30 minutes in and I hit 0 to save. (Is said "emergency save" on screen) How do I resume from that save? I left the game and came back in but don't know how to resume from my save. It just restarts the mission.
Thanks.

Sayjimwoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 15:02

You will need to play the mission as a campaign to resume from a checkpoint. The emergency save will load at the beginning so the island will be in the same state you left it.

That is so that if you make a bunch of progress anzd something goes wrong with dr's saving system you don't loose all of your progress.

Thanks for playing. Happy to hear you're enjoying it.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayjimwoo Sun 10 Mar 2013, 15:47

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah loving your mod, going to stick with it for a while Smile. Just one more question. I noticed the AI does its own thing which is awesome but do they fly helicopters on their own? I noticed at the beach landing they started the Heli then got out and proceeded on foot. Anyway I reached the airfield and took that and I heard the same sound of the heli taking off then I turned to look and the AI got out again and remained on foot. Are the AI limited just to ground vehicles? as I see them drive them of their own accord just fine. Smile
Great mod and thanks for all the advice

Sayjimwoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 15:58

Yes they do, but you must destroy all of the sam missile and radar sites in the area before they will fly. You can see if there are any in the area by looking at your mission objectives. The air defense objectives will appear completed if the area is clear, if not they will display in progress. The objectives are dynamic in This is War and will appear completed when there are no more of the given type in your immediate area. Hope this helps clear things up a bit.

I'll be posting an official 2.5 release shortly. The one you're playing now has a bug that crashes the game in coop when a player mounts one of the static guns. This has been fixed. Otherwise it's good to go.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayjimwoo Sun 10 Mar 2013, 16:09

Thanks tvi0r0us I will look out for the latest version.
And yeah I saw the sams and radars on the map. Thanks I know where to head for now.
Talking about coop, in the time I was away from this game, Codemasters removed the online play. I am wanting to play this mod coop, what is the best way to do that now?
Also is the AI the standard Codemaster AI? or have you tweaked it so I don't need to add AI mods. Thanks and sorry for all the questions lol Smile

Sayjimwoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 16:48

You're welcome. The best way to coop is to find a player and set up a multiplayer match on your lan. Then share your IP address with the other participants. They will be able to connect by entering your IP.

As to the AI, I have coded no AI modifications into the mission so you can choose an AI mod that suits you. Unlike SLT, there are no ai mods that have an adverse affect on This is War, so it's whatever you like.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Sun 10 Mar 2013, 18:48

Thanks for the update! king

PS what's the difference between the version on the OP (as 2.5_rc1) vs the version on moddb (as as straight 2.5)?
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 00:21

It's supposed to have the bugs fixed but the bug that was annoying me seems to be still there (intel package 70m below ground in barn at mologa). Still love this game but it's a long time since I've been able to complete the whole mission. Usually end up with a duff checkpoint and have to start over, but fingers crossed that's not happened with this release yet.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Mon 11 Mar 2013, 00:31

I see. The link on the first page is a forum only RC. My bad!
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next