Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome new members

+23
Killjoy_21
simcardo
Tonio50
alpha13-1
UndeadGuru
Zeewolf
geowolf
tazmo
tjdagger
Dong Qiang
John J. Stevens
JOA
gotmikl
jackmomma
ChronopandaZA
Sayjimwoo
nfmz1
Regg
shah.ram
Spooky999
HomerPepsi
pyhunter101
john doe1
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome new members Empty Welcome new members

Post by TheGeneral Wed 16 Jan 2013, 03:21

I would to announce a sudden influx of new members and welcome them here to our forum.

Ralle
Bhh
Sgt bilko 7447
Fiddlestx
Snail
Samss
John doe1

In light of you joining it may look a little like a ghost town but hopefully with you arriving aswell we can boost the thread traffic and liven up the place. Ask what you like it doesn't matter how stupid it sounds someone will try to answer it. Also spread the word about here, we are alive and active and work continues to flow as days go by.

Lets keep an eye on this thread everyone and try and make ourselves a community like it was. This game still lives you know that!

Welcome guys!

Last edited by Mdog on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:02; edited 2 times in total
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Welcome new members Empty Re: Welcome new members

Post by john doe1 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 08:31

hi to all ! glad to see that the game is still on and some still have interests on developing and playing the game . i noticed ,by reading your threads, that the community is not that big at the moment but i will try to get back some people in to the game and in to the forum as well. here is my skype id florin.grigoras83 fell free to add me and hopefully we can talk about the game and play it .
john doe1
john doe1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 09:16

Is this the same johndoe that created all those MP missions? They were bloody good but if I remember right, respawns weren't allowed, which made them even better as you had to be REALLY careful!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by john doe1 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 09:42

sorry mate not that guy !
john doe1
john doe1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 09:53

Ahh, no worries. I think his name was Johndoe66???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:06

john doe1 wrote:hi to all ! glad to see that the game is still on and some still have interests on developing and playing the game . i noticed ,by reading your threads, that the community is not that big at the moment but i will try to get back some people in to the game and in to the forum as well. here is my skype id florin.grigoras83 fell free to add me and hopefully we can talk about the game and play it .

Just for your own security if you don't want to be hassled, place any Skype id's or whatever you have in your profile. Guests can't steal them and spam the hell out of you then.

Welcome John doe1, we are trying to pick up where we left of from on the 2 previous forums that were shutdown so all the help we can get would be great. If you can muster your buddies into arriving here that would be even better. Thanks

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pyhunter101 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:35

So this is where your all hiding is it.
Decided to build myself a new PC about a month ago which just kept blowing up PSU's.Got it sorted then wondered where the forum had gone.

pyhunter101

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:32

certainly is mate, bit of long story but summit had to be done. Some cool things just around the corner, stay tuned, ya gunna be making missions no end now mate.

Plus I'll be building my own pc too soon, just hope I don't blow it up too. lol!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Mon 21 Jan 2013, 16:11

Hi Pyhunter!
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooky999 Wed 23 Jan 2013, 06:21

Just discovered this game, downloaded missions I found here. This game is vastly underrated. Thank you.

Spooky999

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 23 Jan 2013, 13:31

welcome to the forum Spooky999, you're right this game is way tooo underrated. If you fancy ya chances at making your own stuff, don't hesitate to ask for advice. We'll help you as far as we can.

cheers for joining us!

Mdog
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:35

We have 34 members in total guys! No spammers yet which is a good thing.

since the last updated list we had, we have gained a few more members. Welcome to the Forum

Lct Cristy
Cyper
Spooky999
RipVanWinkle
polloux333

Welcome guys, hope you like our place and that you find something useful for you enjoyment of Dragon Rising. I'm sure you've already got acquainted with some of us and had a good read through the forums. If you want any help with anything, DON'T hesitate to ask. Someone will get onto replying normally within the day of posting.

Cheers

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shah.ram Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:40

you didn't say welcome to me. I am shah.ram. Very Happy
shah.ram
shah.ram

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sat 02 Feb 2013, 20:27

welcome shah.ram! looks like the germans are coming??? scratch any chance you could shrink you sig picture down abit? lol!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:43

This is impressive stuff, I'm glad to see we are gathering a nice community of members here.

I know there are still only a few of us that post in the majority of threads but since the feb 4th we have gathered ten new members.

Welcome guys!

CivMD
gtaekwondo33
jjejj87
Succubus
kennethgaller
Flexiboii
GONZO28
vince_vega
SpiritVII
Voiska

Hope you enjoy what we have to offer here guys and it would be great to see you through ideas the way of the modders and mission makers if there is anything you would like to see of be made. Don't forget though we are tied to limitations so don't expect a miracle. lol!

Cheers

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 22 Feb 2013, 01:07

Welcome back TemplarGFX!

Always good to have you on hand for a some coding advice. Hopefully you'll be able to bring out IW3 for us all to have a play with.

Welcome aboard Regg!

Sounds like you know your stuff! I think over the past four or five years this game on the pc and console has
been ripped to shreds, underrated and shelved by so many globally including the makers of a great tactical shooter. Us "Die-harders" of the game will die hard! This forum is open for business and gladly accepts anyone who wants to support and help make the game what it should be!

Anyway, if you are pretty good at coding, then helping out with rummaging through the .xmls and ultimately getting that damn engine open through the .win files then by all means help yourself, bring it on and contribute.

Templar has been outta the picture for a bit, but is on hand if we need help with his stuff. There are however a few others that have made a good few advances in the aspect of opening things up in the game, take a look at the Editor Expansion designed by Tvig0r0us if you want to get ya teeth into mission making.

It is actually a very easy way of mission making now, but if you know your stuff and can get your head around Lua then you shouldn't have any problems. We already have a various modules made they just need releasing. Some testing is still going ahead on them as I type so be sure to watch EDx forums for when they become available.

Cheers

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 22 Feb 2013, 01:29

MD,

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for running this forum. DR is absolutely underrated, and its a shame no one seems to know about it. My mate's gf used to play CoD online, but now she's hooked on DR. The three of us would line up three 360's and flat-screens in the living room, but now I finally have three PC's good enough for our fire team!

I've just started playing with the Editor Expansion and can't wait to toy with modules. LUA is stupid simple to code, I'm just trying to understand all the game mechanics and never realized how complex DR really is.

Something with the EDX I just noticed however...

It looks like all the code from the original RootScript.lua/waypoints.lua was left out of the EDX version, thus breaking both the waypoint system and the entity command queue system. Was this done intentionally? I'm currently working on slipping it back in, but updating it to use the logging function in EDX. Once I get it worked out, I can post the results if anyone is interested.

Might be time to get Visual Studio back on my system for some real hacking!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 02:35

Regg wrote:MD,

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for running this forum. DR is absolutely underrated, and its a shame no one seems to know about it. My mate's gf used to play CoD online, but now she's hooked on DR. The three of us would line up three 360's and flat-screens in the living room, but now I finally have three PC's good enough for our fire team!

I've just started playing with the Editor Expansion and can't wait to toy with modules. LUA is stupid simple to code, I'm just trying to understand all the game mechanics and never realized how complex DR really is.

Something with the EDX I just noticed however...

It looks like all the code from the original RootScript.lua/waypoints.lua was left out of the EDX version, thus breaking both the waypoint system and the entity command queue system. Was this done intentionally? I'm currently working on slipping it back in, but updating it to use the logging function in EDX. Once I get it worked out, I can post the results if anyone is interested.

Might be time to get Visual Studio back on my system for some real hacking!

Whoa... wait just a sec.... what do you mean slipping it back in???? The edx does nothing at all to break the command queueing system. The waypoints work just fine as well. The only thing that doesn't work as a result of the edx is connecting entities to waypoints in the editor. As a result, commands to follow waypoint paths and such must be issued via script. Please do not attempt to put the original waypoint system back into the game as this is the primary reason for the waypoint limit you experience when not using the edx. If need be I can explain further, but I urge you not to continue down the path you suggest above, it will only end in ctd's.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 22 Feb 2013, 03:00

Sorry, I was getting ahead of myself! Not looking to cause any problems, just trying to figure out what's going on. Thanks for the clarification!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 03:49

No problems. Just don't want to see you go down the hard road I went down to bring me to writing the edx. It was born of rough experiences and made to steer you clear of them.

Cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 22 Feb 2013, 09:39

btw, we all kinda run it here! I just set the place up. I tend to have a lot more time spare than the majority of the members so you will probably see me on here alot anyway. I do monitor stuff aswell, but that said we are a community that runs the forum.

How did you find us aswell I keep meaning to ask the new members about this because the google SEO is not playing ball at the moment. I had to put a video on youtube to get us on the front page.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 22 Feb 2013, 10:52

I can't recall if I got here from a search engine or possibly a link from another site. I spent two or three days looking all around for the latest mods & missions before stumbling into this rabbit hole!
albino
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 15:58

Welcome everyone!!! hit me up on Steam, Tuungle or join our TS and ill be happy to grab a mission or two with yaa1

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:34

Well guys looks like we had a good month last month for new members!

Lets welcome,

alestructor
Sensej
juank.zero
MihaiZ
VengefulSpirit
Gtsmash
dracflamloc

Welcome guys hope you all like what we have here. As things stand we are making some really good headway with additional content for DR at the moment. The EDx modules will hopefully be coming out soon for you to use if you are interested in mission making. I have been experimenting with custom sounds and have manged to get a good few played whilst in gameplay. Templar has just released v1.0 of UAI2013 as of today, so if you play with it I'm sure he'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

If you have any ideas or would like to contribute, feel free to chime in and suggest whatever it is you have in mind.

Cheers

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayjimwoo Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:21

As a long time OFDR player its good to see the community is slowly building back up. + one more member Smile

Sayjimwoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next