Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

formal announcement to members

3 posters

Go down

formal announcement to members Empty formal announcement to members

Post by TheGeneral Tue 16 Sep 2014, 21:47

Hi all!

just a notice to say that I will be back taking over the reigns from Tvig in monitoring the forum. For the past 9 months he took over from me as I was becoming to personal with the forum and my way of tone began to annoy some members. I had to take a break from it all. I did say I wasn't going forever and that I would pop in every now and then, which I was doing. 

Tvig has recently posted that he is under going some health matters and that he may not be able to continue his support for a while regarding DR development etc. That being said knowing him I can only assume he will pop by (fingers crossed) to keep himself informed of any developments which ever that may be. Hope you get yourself fixed buddy and your place he will never been forgotten.

Now, on to any development points!

Although I am taking over the reigns of the forum again, I can tell you this, I have been out of touch with the game for quite some time and my editing skills are pretty much what you could fit onto the back of a matchbox in Times Roman, font 12, Bold type . Think you get the picture! I will be doing a bit of a tidy on the forum, I have seen some outdated threads that really and honestly have been forgotten so we can save on some space and clutter. 

I will also be keeping you all informed of the long standing Dragon Uprising project which was an idea from Animus. Using the arma engine the project is basically a reboot of the game with the added ability of different factions, vehicles, weapons etc. I don't particularly want to embark on this by myself I have a family and game dev gets in the way, or is it the other way round?? If you are an Arma fan, and want to get involved pm me and we can chat about some ideas.

Anyway, if there is anyone in the forum that is able to help with any progress of things in supporting the dev of the game by all means, step forward and help out. I'm not asking you commit a full time job to this, just whatever you know that you might think could help in anyway shape or form. for example, modules for the edx, cracking the .win files (dream!), mission making, tutorial making, anything you think could contribute to the consistent work that has been done for the past few years that this small community has managed to create. 

I know the forum is not as lively as we would like it, but this game is popular amongst us few that wander in out of the forum. I know this because I signed to google analytics and get regular updates on its views and what not. Steam has had sales of the game and I see new members arrive on a weekly and monthly basis. As this is the case and you have the ability, show a hand and lets try and KeepDRalive!

After all that has happened to the support of the game from the publishers, we can say in one way, we own and support the game. I'd like to have this forum as the main Hub for DR and let the globe know that this game is not for shelving into the dark reaches of the cyberworld. Pass on the web address to anyone you know, spread the word and don't forget to say......

KEEPDRALIVE!

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

formal announcement to members Empty Re: formal announcement to members

Post by iceman11a Tue 19 Dec 2017, 11:49

Hi! Mdog. I like this game also. It's just that I have it on Cd and I bought the steam version. The problem I have is that I can't play it because of a save loading error code 2. I can't play the game anymore. I'm willing to help in any way I can.  Codemasters no longer supports this game, And that's a big problem for this game. No support. If there's anything I can do to help. Let me know. You can contact me here or on discord.
https://discord.gg/uAQ24Jg

iceman11a

http://www.df-barracks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Tue 19 Dec 2017, 14:11

Glad to hear you came back to the fold mate.

Most of my alt-OFDR time has recently been spent in GR Wildlands and recently fired up my A3 to see how some of the things I had been keeping an eye on has come along. What a pleasant surprise to see a much more crisp interface and mod manager.

The big thing about our idea of a DR/ARMA reboot was the ability to leverage a much more comprehensive tool suite to build upon and A3 hasn't disappointed. One of the things OFDR was missing was a truly randomized troop movement/spawn location (we finally built something similar) and a civilian movement - the ALIVE mod provides this very cleanly and worth a look with it easy authoring tools.

However, even more closely associated with our somewhat universal goal of a mission generator, a mod called 'DYNAMIC RECON OPS' has rolled randomized tactical missions with primary and secondary objectives, redfor/civilian movement, and a host of environmental variables. To make life, even more, task-specific, team members have specific loadouts for their role (no more squads with all snipers or spending 20 minutes picking out which scope goes best for CQB). I have always enjoyed ARMA right up until they opened it up so wide that more time is spent in inventory than a mission.

Either case, it is a mod that is worth looking into that can provide a multitude of scenarios for the tactical player OFDR people enjoy.

DYNAMIC RECON OPS can be found at https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=722652837
Example of it in use/setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbqFupnjlg

John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iceman11a Tue 19 Dec 2017, 20:25

John, Thanks. How ever that mod looks like it's for ARMA 3, and sorry I don't have that game. I do have OFDR and Iam looking for mods for that game. Until I can fix the error that I'm getting when I try and load the game. Playing it is on hold for now. I do see the mods for OFDR, How ever all the mod related links are broken. I did post a message in the support forum for the issue I have with this game. And I never had it before. So I'm confused at why I can't get the game to start up.

iceman11a

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Tue 19 Dec 2017, 22:05

understood ICE, got the impression that MadDog/Spooky was talking about stirring the DR/ARMA activity idea since at the heart of it (OFDR) we enjoy the tactical squad-based gameplay.  I am playing GR Wildlands which is a vast vast environment with lots of stealth and tech to be had.  With all the cars, motorcycles, planes and helicopters, I prefer to go full infantry recon and hoof it out between objectives more times than not.

As for ARMA, the technology is there to reinvent OFDR which sadly we must do because the original devs left us with half a tool and people like Tvig and others have done all they can with what is available.  It is better for the community of tactical warriors to build using a better platform like ARMA.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iceman11a Tue 19 Dec 2017, 22:20

John, Thanks again. From what I see on this forum. That OFDR is better then ARMA 3. I have version 1 and 2. I just can't a ford ARMA 3 right now. Can you give me an idea why ARMA is better then OFDR. I like Flashpoint better the ARMA my self. Until I get that error fixed. I won't be able to play.

iceman11a

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Tue 19 Dec 2017, 22:31

We all enjoy OFDR as well, however, to do so we need to live within the walls the devs left us - we had a great revival for a bit but it was a year too late. My point is the reason the gameplay is so enjoyable is it is mission specific, it is mostly infantry mode, fixed loadouts you have to master, has fairly good AI, and coop makes it that much more fun. All those things can be recreated in a newer (and supported) engine and community. As for A3, my goal is to limit all the freakin bells and do-dads and focus on squadplay.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 19 Dec 2017, 22:56

Misteeeeeer Stevens!i’ve just got into wildlands. Lets coop the **** and get reconing! Pretty please with bells and do-dads on top.

Will say though i think this is conversation is not related to the thread topic. I’ll be doing abit of admin tomoz i think. That is unless i’m missing a point somewhere????
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Tue 19 Dec 2017, 23:25

nah you were saying 'I am back' and it would be nice to get back to DR/ARMA and build us Dragon Uprising (wink wink) - the not so sidebar was simply talking about it being the right move (long term) since we have beat this horse too hard - we will ride her from time to time but her days running with the big boys coming to an end. Wink
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 19 Dec 2017, 23:31

That was donkeys ago. Anyways modding for arma has taken a tumble mate. Had some serious personal troubles, battles and what not this past two years. I need to get back coop playing online. Miss them skirmishes we had.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:32

well, just to be clear - Dynamic recon Ops (DRO) does all the heavy lifting, every mission different, we just coop - seriously, load one of the regions and try it out it is even more polished that n the vid shows.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down