Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello All!

4 posters

Go down

Hello All! Empty Hello All!

Post by c4nucK Tue 25 Dec 2012, 06:29

All I have to say is wow...

I used to play this game years ago when it first came out and was so disappointed when everything for it got discontinued... I am pretty sure over time my game got thrown away some-way some-how and I was just browsing on youtube and randomly found an old OF:DR video..

It brought back so many memories because I know that the OF series was the grandfather to ArmA. After purchasing this game some time ago I did not feel bad about "downloading" a copy of this game. After successfully downloading the game, I played the first mission and was amazed on how much I enjoyed playing this over ArmA.

Well after some quick searches online for add-on content I came across the wiki site for this and found this very website on there along with SaintAxe&Ror's website and updater. I only have three words to say.. OH MY GOD! I had no idea all this content was available, much less an active community. I just wanted to say hello to everyone!!

How do you guys play online together out of curiosity? Is there a bridge program like gamespy or something? I went to go press the multiplayer option in my version of the game and after trying to create an account it just sent that my internet timed out (nothing is wrong w/ my internet so I'm assuming its because of a lack of support).

So anyway, how do you guys meet up together or join each others COOP's? I'm just in awe of this and the amount of content on SaintAxe&Ror's site. Just wow. Anyway, S! Gentlemen, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tyson
c4nucK

c4nucK

Back to top Go down

Hello All! Empty Re: Hello All!

Post by HomerPepsi Tue 25 Dec 2012, 08:15

Howdy, fellow Canadian!
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 10:30

I use tunngle and there's a fairly healthy number of other players who use it too. you can get a game or 2 using that most nights.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 25 Dec 2012, 11:27

welcome to the community Tyson!

The wiki has be discontinued now also with the SearchAndRescue forums. This is the new home I think for any existing community that was associated with the SearchAndRescue forums.

Work on DR is a continual effort by us all and we strife to bleed the game as dry as possible of content and make sure that people out there don't dismiss this game completely as a half assed attempt at a shooter. It is truely one of the best tactical shooters out there. If not the BEST!.

You will find many things available here on this forum. We are a new setup after some recent changes so over the next few weeks things are going to be added on a weekly basis no doubt.

If you can contribute by helping us promote and dissect the file contents of the game by all means, climb aboard and join our mission.

As far as online play goes, you will find that the quazal servers that were used by CM for MP games was closed down for DR after the CM forum shutdown. People are having to find alternative means for playing online.

You can use a LAN connection and play COOP or PVP, but lag can have an effect. The way this works with LAN is the host will set up a match and pass his IP address to everyone who wants to play a game them. They logg that IP into their LAN settings menu and then join the Host's lobby aslong as the content matches for the mission.

Also like RockCop says there is Tunngle as an alternative, probably a few others out their too.

Anyway, browse around and have fun, post comments, ask as many Q's as you like, there is a wealth of knowledge around here to last a lifetime.

Get into the Editor if you can and make a map, you never know, it could eb the next big hit!

cheers Wink
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by c4nucK Tue 25 Dec 2012, 15:48

Thanks for the info guys! I literally finished downloading this game at around 11:00pm EST last night. I didn't go to bed until about 4:00am that morning playing mission after mission from this awesome auto-updater that I downloaded. I'm truly in awe.

I also purchased this game for my PS3 when I still had it a few years back. And I had to pay just to get the overwatch content. And it hardly included anything. Now I get all these missions for free!?! What!? Now this is a Christmas present! Its the best present I've gotten this year. I truly mean that.

I will help to spread the word and contribute as much as possible. I play a game that is a WW2 Flight Simulator called IL-2 1946. I'm absolutely obsessed with WW2 aviation. This particular game has a mission builder/editor as well and I've gotten quite good at it. So I'm sure I could get use to this one as too with time and practice. BTW here is a YT video of me against 3 P-40C's while I fly a Bf-109F4. Just for fun if anyone wants to check it out, remember, watch in high quality or the High Quality Goblin will eat your face! That's non-negotiable! =P

MOG_c4nucK's "Against the Odds"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRXNXY6cNrI

c4nucK

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Tue 25 Dec 2012, 22:15

Welcome c4nuck,
be sure to check out the user made missions page here https://operationflashpoint.forummotion.com/f8-user-created-missions

We are a new site, some of our members are mission makers, some learning and some are long time fans, but all our members seem to share a common interest in keeping DR Alive.
Our aim over here is to share our skills, knowledge and appreciation for DR with others. We all know that DR was released without barely scratching the surface of what was possible.

So welcome aboard, download the user missions... you will notice they are somewhat different from the original and other missions available for download in both size, scope and concept.

Have fun.

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c4nucK Tue 25 Dec 2012, 22:34

tjdagger wrote:Welcome c4nuck,
be sure to check out the user made missions page here https://operationflashpoint.forummotion.com/f8-user-created-missions

We are a new site, some of our members are mission makers, some learning and some are long time fans, but all our members seem to share a common interest in keeping DR Alive.
Our aim over here is to share our skills, knowledge and appreciation for DR with others. We all know that DR was released without barely scratching the surface of what was possible.

So welcome aboard, download the user missions... you will notice they are somewhat different from the original and other missions available for download in both size, scope and concept.

Have fun.

Thanks for the link brother, I am checking them out now. What a wonderful site and community. I look forward to these.

c4nucK

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Wed 26 Dec 2012, 00:40

...your more than welcome

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down