Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NumPad enter key

2 posters

Go down

NumPad enter key Empty NumPad enter key

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 16:39

I've got a problem with my NumPad Enter key. When I select it, my computer thinks I'm selecting the Return key. No problems with any other Numpad keys. Any suggestions?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

NumPad enter key Empty Re: NumPad enter key

Post by TheGeneral Sun 27 Jan 2013, 16:44

RockCop wrote:I've got a problem with my NumPad Enter key. When I select it, my computer thinks I'm selecting the Return key. No problems with any other Numpad keys. Any suggestions?

LMAO! I'm not answering that one! I remember an incident when I was panic stricken over the numpad:affraid:. lol!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Sun 27 Jan 2013, 19:58

As far as I am aware, Numpad Enter and Enter are two different keys within DR.. Do you have an autohotkey script running?
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2013, 17:59

HomerPepsi wrote:As far as I am aware, Numpad Enter and Enter are two different keys within DR.. Do you have an autohotkey script running?

I don't think so...

When I go into options/controls, selecting Numpad enter, just enter comes up (same as if I select 'return'). No problems with any other Numpad keys, just that one??? Because of this, I cant use the satcam on Nighthawk/Perfect Plan etc. If I plug in a USB keyboard to my laptop, it recognises the Numpad enter key as a different key to the Return key, so it works fine. I just dont want to have to plug in a usb keyboard every time I want to play a mission with hot keys. Royally stumped:confused:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Thu 31 Jan 2013, 18:49

Oh your using a laptop. Well thats probably why. They hold certain additional functions and such. Maybe the manufacturer of your laptop simply substituted return for numpad enter since, they both provide the same function ? Who knows, but it's definitely a hardware issue.

Too bad SearchAndRescue took all the info with him n the forums, I had written up a nice tut on modifying the Autohotkey script to suit individual needs. Since I use the arrow keys and numpad, everyone elses autohotkeys don't work for me.

What you can do is modify the Autohotkey script used by the mission makers. Change Numpad Enter to some empty key.

My hotkeys for example look like this:
1 - 0 on homerow emulate num 1 - 0

For sat cam and stuff, I use WASD and the surround letters to emulate the numpad.

I can show you how later when I get home.
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down