Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any new weapons for DR..and also is there any new camo for the soldiers?..

+3
dewi316
JurekCello78
gtaekwondo33
7 posters

Go down

Is there any new weapons for DR..and also is there any new camo for the soldiers?.. Empty Is there any new weapons for DR..and also is there any new camo for the soldiers?..

Post by gtaekwondo33 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 14:20

Im looking for new weapons and camo for the soldiers wondering if anyone has made any or if anyone knows how I can edit them? thanks...
gtaekwondo33
gtaekwondo33

Back to top Go down

Is there any new weapons for DR..and also is there any new camo for the soldiers?.. Empty Re: Is there any new weapons for DR..and also is there any new camo for the soldiers?..

Post by JurekCello78 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 15:37

Hi there are actually few modified/unlocked weapon packets made in DR.

There is "Completely Awesome Entity Data Base" made by TemplarGFX with some unlocked weapons non existing in Main Campaign. All unscoped rifles, pistols and MGs do not have zoom.

There was also "Community Data Base" which can you find in one of the releases of "Special Forces Guerilla Warfare" made by tjdagger. In this Data Base were some imitations of various modern weapons. Few most interesting "imitated rifles" were "Beowulf"- Carbine with 50cal. rounds Smile ; silenced sniper rifle (M16 with sniper scope and silencer), also Mk17 with sniper scope.

The latest and (atleast in my opinion and other gamers) by far the most accurate and most realistic Data Base is "Improved Data Base" made by ddeo a.k.a. skaa https://operationflashpoint.forummotion.com/t26-improved-entitydatabase . It has not only weapons using parameters the closest to real world parameters, but it also have all playable unlocked Units available in Editor.

If I had to choose I'd definetely hook up with "Improved" one, minding that it was made mostly as a base to anyone's custom Data Base, so if you know what you'd like to change for your own favor it's wide open (ofcourse also if you know what to change without destroying weapons and units ;P)

As for Camo there is (so far) no way to import or to make new one for DR.
I remember there were shy attempts made towards creating new one but ended up with completely black or dark blue soldiers Smile. Unless CodeMasters by some miracle give away somehow SDK for DR there's no way to have anything beyond what was already done.

Cheers
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Is there any new weapons for DR..and also is there any new camo for the soldiers?.. Empty Re: Is there any new weapons for DR..and also is there any new camo for the soldiers?..

Post by dewi316 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 18:05

JurekCello 78 wrote that someone made attempts to make new cammo for DR, only ending up with dark blue or black uniforms. This would be ideal for TEMPLARS TACTICAL ENGAGEMENT SIMULATOR mission. Or anyone elses stealth type missions. With there black uniforms you could recognize the security team protecting the base (not very well trained lightly armed) from the more proffesional PLA If someone could make a module for security guards (make there vision less, just pistols) that sort of thing. This could add something too stealth missions, if someone could turn uniforms white aswell to simulate scientists civillians all the better. I realize this could be alot of code for some cosmetic gain, but if you dont ask..........any coders fancy a crack at this cheers dewi
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 15 Mar 2013, 19:59

dewi316 wrote:JurekCello 78 wrote that someone made attempts to make new cammo for DR, only ending up with dark blue or black uniforms. This would be ideal for TEMPLARS TACTICAL ENGAGEMENT SIMULATOR mission. Or anyone elses stealth type missions. With there black uniforms you could recognize the security team protecting the base (not very well trained lightly armed) from the more proffesional PLA If someone could make a module for security guards (make there vision less, just pistols) that sort of thing. This could add something too stealth missions, if someone could turn uniforms white aswell to simulate scientists civillians all the better. I realize this could be alot of code for some cosmetic gain, but if you dont ask..........any coders fancy a crack at this cheers dewi

It was Templar!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 15 Mar 2013, 20:05

The list of things to create just gets bigger by the week! affraid

The colour change for uniforms has been done and it was Templar that made it happen, but it was'nt a finalised thing. I was told by the man himself that the textures were to look different from a distance, not sure about look of it at close range though.

whilst chatting to him the other night I had a thought occur of creating a bandit of somesort and having them as a neutral unit in the zombie mod. It would be a nice thing to have a change in uniforms but its motre the textures on the uniftorms that are changed that the outfits themselves, just to make this clear.

No gains have been made in adding new models into DR so I wouldn't bother asking on that one.

cheers,

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TemplarGFX Wed 20 Mar 2013, 01:07

As far as file and model modifications in DR I managed to figure out :

Textures are in DDS format. Can be easily loaded in Photoshop
Exporting of DDS textures to DR has issues, not a standard DDS format. When exporting RGB channels do not load correctly in DR. The textures do work however. I gave up on this as I had no support at the time and many projects underway.

Models are in RAW format, no converter available. Models are split into a vertex file containing the raw information about the model, and another file containing vertex grouping and other specific information for DR

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by IRIEID Tue 20 Aug 2013, 21:15

Hi Everyone 
I have question about game files of OF:DR.
How i can extract from game archives (win_000.***), models, textures etc...?
Soory for my bad English ;]

And Thx for any Answers.

P.s
To TemplarGFX:

"Exporting of DDS textures to DR has issues, not a standard DDS format. When exporting RGB channels do not load correctly in DR. The textures do work however."
You try this ?

http://ego-engine.wikispaces.com/DDS_Tools

"Models are in RAW format, no converter available. Models are split into a vertex file containing the raw information about the model, and another file containing vertex grouping and other specific information for DR"

www.milkshape3D.com maybe work?

Last edited by IRIEID on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 21:38; edited 1 time in total
IRIEID
IRIEID

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 20 Aug 2013, 21:33

Hi! welcome to the forum.

AFAWK, we can't extract all the win files. All the content that is available atm, is all that can be extracted so far. the files are encryted and thus we can't do what you and the rest of us would like to do. CM closed up on helping us do things like that. The only people that got quite some distance with those files are not around anymore. Sad Sad

have a look around our forum and see what you can play with.

the Editor Expansion is a good thing to come out this year from and old member of ours. This enables us to have a modulation type file construct for editing. Real easy to use.

Cheers

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Wed 21 Aug 2013, 01:26

The best I have been able to do with what is still available on the net is list all the files within the win_000.* files, but no contents. It took quite a bit of searching to get me to that point, so I'll share what I have if you're interested.

Using a tool called QuickBMS, some folks made quite a bit of progress, but don't appear to have completely gotten it. The copy I have of the QuickBMS script may not be the last one released, but it was rather difficult to find. Anyone else here happen to have a copy?
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum