Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to get tableOfEntities for Startup set?

2 posters

Go down

Any way to get tableOfEntities for Startup set? Empty Any way to get tableOfEntities for Startup set?

Post by Regg Fri 29 Mar 2013, 16:44

Using the onSpawnedReady function, one can easily obtain the tableOfEntities of sets created by either OFP:activateEntitySet or OFP:spawnEntitySetAtEntityPosition. But has anyone figured out how to get tableOfEntities for the startup entity set?
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Any way to get tableOfEntities for Startup set? Empty Re: Any way to get tableOfEntities for Startup set?

Post by TheGeneral Fri 29 Mar 2013, 21:18

why would you need to do that anyway, I thought you could just use their name straight of the bat?? you are not spawning them in!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Any way to get tableOfEntities for Startup set? Empty Re: Any way to get tableOfEntities for Startup set?

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 21:49

Just make a table and go through putting the names of all of the entities you have on the map.

I wouldn't call it tableOfEntities though as it will cause problems with the onSpawnedReady function.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 29 Mar 2013, 21:52

tvig0r0us wrote:Just make a table and go through putting the names of all of the entities you have on the map.
Code? I'm looking for an automated way, if possible. Thanks! cyclops
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 23:17

I'll have to post on this when I get back on my pc. You can put all of the entities you want in the table into a group. If you are using the edx you can use EDX:grpToTable to make a table containing all of the entities in the group. This will only work for units, vehicles or waypoints though so if you need an echelon or anything else you will have to do it manually.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Sat 30 Mar 2013, 00:13

No worries. I figured it would still require some manual intervention. Thanks for the reply!

Cheers
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum