Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New modder needing help

4 posters

Go down

New modder needing help Empty New modder needing help

Post by Humflebert Fri 10 May 2013, 16:30

Hi, I am new to OFDR, and having completed the campaign game, and tried some user created missions from this site, I started working with tutorials and some mods, however I seem to be missing something so here are some questions. I have searched the forum for some answers but it appears that previous sites which are no longer active may have had the answers.
1) I see many references to Mission Editor Expansion (EDx), is this a separate application, if so where can it be found ?
2) Which folder should the *.markerscollection.xml files be placed in ?
3) One member mentioned a PDF manual for EDx, this would be a great help if someone could point me to him/her please.
4) Which version do you recommend I use? I run Win 7, have retail box version with patches 1.02 and 1.03 as well as the ofdr-acid (I think that's what it was called) available and ready to install on good advice.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Humflebert
Humflebert

Back to top Go down

New modder needing help Empty Re: New modder needing help

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 16:51

2)it can be placed anywhere, and you can load it by clicking file -> makers collection -> load to load it.

4)I dont think versions matter much. I'm using 1.0. There are some modules designed for diff versions but they are very rare. Most modules are designed for all of them imo. As long as you can LAN with your friends the version you are using is okay.

Last edited by OmarTheBattlePizza on Sat 11 May 2013, 05:55; edited 1 time in total
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Humflebert Fri 10 May 2013, 16:56

Thank you OmarTheBattlePizza for the prompt reply, Currently downloading pdf and EDx as I type this. I hope I am able to contribute something useful in the near future to help keep this great game alive.
Humflebert
Humflebert

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 16:59

Good to hear. I was a noob on making missions just 2 months ago, and thanks to Mdog and tvig(which is no longer here)'s help I learned a lot. Are you good at lua? It will help a lot if you are, and do go around and look at the stuffs other ppl have posted. There are awesome modules and missions on this forum and try them. Good luck! Very Happy
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 10 May 2013, 17:11

Like Omar, I'm a rather new mission maker, but I've got a lot of scripting experience. This forum has been very helpful, so let us know if any questions come up. Good luck and have fun mate!
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 10 May 2013, 18:18

Also, since you're new to OFDR, you might want to install the 1.01 & 1.02 patches. I don't know exactly what they fix, but they come with some extra DLC missions (fire team engagements) that are quite fun and may inspire ideas for your own missions. You need to enter codes to unlock the extra missions, but these have been posted on the net numerous times (yes -- i actually bought the DLC on PS3, and have retail discs for PS3 & PC).

The patches do break the ability to change certain settings via XML files, which is something you may eventually get into. The "acid" modded 1.02 turns this back on, allows higher resolutions, and gets rid of the disc requirement.

Just my two cents. Use whatever works for you! Cool
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 18:22

Actually the DLCs dont require any patches. just search OFDR DLC cheat on google it will tell u how to do Razz
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by nepgeargo Fri 10 May 2013, 18:24

Regg wrote:Like Omar, I'm a rather new mission maker, but I've got a lot of scripting experience. This forum has been very helpful, so let us know if any questions come up. Good luck and have fun mate!
Actually i didnt know anything about scripting before i started to use the mission maker. I found a list of commands and learned them one by one. i didnt know how to use some of the scripts, so usually i screw stuffs up. Thanks to mdog and tvig i learned how to use the scripts corretly. shame that tvig have left Neutral
nepgeargo
nepgeargo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 10 May 2013, 23:15

first off! welcome to the forum Humflebert! nice to hear you are planning on building something using the edx.

We have plenty of info regarding DR here and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

SECONDLY!

OMAR! CHECK YA PM's! (Again!)
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Humflebert Sat 11 May 2013, 16:07

Thank you all for the feedback Very Happy.
The advice and tutorials have been a great help. Before I start serious work with the editor, I will re-re-reinstall OFDR as I have got my folders in a mess, however, with a better idea of how everything works together now life will be easier.
Humflebert
Humflebert

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sat 11 May 2013, 16:33

No problems, if you have skype I can help you with things using screen share if you like. My details are in my profile. Teamviewer is a good app to look into aswell. I can help you by showing you things that way also.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum