Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DR Console Multiplayer (old days)

2 posters

Go down

DR Console Multiplayer (old days) Empty DR Console Multiplayer (old days)

Post by alpha13-1 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 02:30

I remember the old days when I used play DR multiplayer and I preferred the rifleman role over the gunner role, but it is too bad that I've heard the multiplayer servers on the console had shutdown. What was your best memory when the multiplayer servers for the console prior to CM shutting it down?
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

DR Console Multiplayer (old days) Empty Re: DR Console Multiplayer (old days)

Post by TheGeneral Mon 14 Oct 2013, 22:22

Oh I do remember the old days, there was a time where I played nothing but DR on the 360 and the PS3, completing it on both platforms. I played alot more on PS3 at the time though.

There was a time I remember on PS3 where I played Annihilation and got my ass raped by some guys working as a team in the helos on the Chinese side. I was livid, because they didn't even give the US side a chance to move anywhere. I thought for the whole 20min game, this is bullshit, play like men and use a rifle instead, Tw@ts!

But there was a game I played with a my buddy on the 360. Just me and him, I said "we are going for the sniper hunt game on this one".

Basically we had to find each other as snipers on Annihilation, we moved all our teams to the corners of the map and it would be just the two off. I went US sniper on the M21.

After I had finished moving my guys I setup camp on the hill Northwest of Anyskoye, so it was about 1000-1200 meters away for the far side of the town. I sat there for what seemed like ages waiting for any sign of movement, as a sniper would. Then I could just make out a small glitching movement coming from the south clump of trees on the far side of the town just by the road. I watched for a small time, and this glitch moved again towards the rocks which were slightly rendering. This was the funny bit, because my mate was damn certain he was better than me as a sniper, so I got the binos out and took a range, 1180 or something like that. I pop a shot. I saw the dust mark, and the glitch hid behind the rock. THAT WAS MY MATE! lol! I saw the glitch again, I fired! then I saw the yellow text, SgtBilko was annihilated! lol! I was laffing my tits off at his dismay. He went deadly quiet, and I could just tell he wasn't happy. Then the cheeky **** got in his helo after he respawned and hunted me down. But I will say I had that kill for nearly the whole twenty minutes until he found me and got me with the rockets. we ended in a draw 1-1, because he couldn't find my guys. lol!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha13-1 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 03:45

The best part regarding multiplayer was the coop missions and at the time, I'd taken pleasure in working with experience tactical veterans and beginners.
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha13-1 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 00:23

Most recently, I had played DR and my brother and I found humor in the mission 11 single player.  When I was attempting to flank from the left side all the way to Skoje village, I was killed by USMC Medium Armored Vehicle several times and I was angry. USMC AIs operating the Medium Armor Vehicles already should have known that I was friendly,but they thought I was a Red Chinese trooper. It was becoming hilarious after my 5th death,but I still like the game.
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down