Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SP/COOP] -=Escape=-

+3
Morieza
dewi316
tvig0r0us
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[SP/COOP] -=Escape=- Empty [SP/COOP] -=Escape=-

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 17 Oct 2013, 01:51

-=Escape=-
[SP/COOP] -=Escape=- Hands-10
by tvig0r0us

Here's a little mission I made to test my new modules.  It's nothing extraordinary, but a lot of fun none the less.  You and your cohorts have been imprisoned at the airfield.  A couple of guards decided to try to **** with you, but you got the better of them... that's where you start.  You will only be armed with a knife and the guards will still be alive... I'd suggest killing them quick!  You will need to make it to friendly territory, which is Mologa.  There are things you can do along the way to make your trip a bit less deadly, but I'll let you figure out what they are.  Have fun and good luck!!

To install just unzip the file to your data_win/missions folder.

Download>>> http://www.mediafire.com/download/90sfh5tfj5hs196/tvig0r0us(2).zip <<
If you're having trouble with the MediaFire link try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn07mlqjnzemp37/tvig0r0us.zip

Last edited by tvig0r0us on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 17:39; edited 2 times in total
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

[SP/COOP] -=Escape=- Empty Re: [SP/COOP] -=Escape=-

Post by dewi316 Thu 24 Oct 2013, 20:04

Been playing this with the Tunngle crew, usually ok when two players play, but a few times have had the third player drop out, Run Time Error was one reported problem, otherwise really good fun.

Will report any further bugs as we find them,

cheers dewi
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:12

dewi316 wrote:Been playing this with the Tunngle crew, usually ok when two players play, but a few times have had the third player drop out, Run Time Error was one reported problem, otherwise really good fun.

Will report any further bugs as we find them,

cheers dewi
I think I need to pump up the bandwidth settings on the mission.  There is a fair amount of processing going on in the background.  I will have a more polished version coming soon.  I also plan to release the modules that I used to make it in the near future and they make it extremely easy to throw a scenario together with mainly infantry forces in a big hurry.  Thanks for the report dewi and I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I'm buried in school work atm, but I plan on getting that power up module together in the near future as well.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Fri 25 Oct 2013, 18:07

Hi, I try this mission singleplay, when I got a gun then change camera (numpad 1/2) the weapon's crosshair remain and I can shoot but not killed the enemy, if I switch back to knife camera looks fine (no crosshair). After I safely leave the airbase there's no more threat, I think it is fun if the player still being hunted till - at least 500m before reach the escape zone. I know this is only test mission, and maybe u already aware about what I wrote.

offtopic: about This Is War 2.5 (sorry I dunno where to post comment about this mission), a bit often I got crash after 5 or more assault<->defense order (encounter problem thingy...), I try with OFPDR v1.0, v1.02 (original and with mod enabled exe) still crash. I can't help u to investigate or give u more detail result, since I totally blind to OFPDR scripting.
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 25 Oct 2013, 21:02

Camera thing will be disabled in the next version. You're not supposed to use that to kill or it's no fun at all.  Try restarting this is war. It will load with the points you have already taken. Other than that I really don't know what's wrong. Dr has problems that fall outside of the perview of mission makers.

Cheers
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Fri 25 Oct 2013, 22:37

tvig0r0us wrote:Camera thing will be disabled in the next version. You're not supposed to use that to kill or it's no fun at all.  Try restarting this is war. It will load with the points you have already taken. Other than that I really don't know what's wrong. Dr has problems that fall outside of the perview of mission makers.

Cheers
I decide to not use camera at all when real playing the Escape mission, about This Is War crash; it helps me to take a break after 1-2 hours play Razz, yes I don't loose my points.
...owh I forgot to say big thanks to you for creating This Is War, it brings me back to DR, I'm too late to realize DR is so fun.
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 26 Oct 2013, 01:01

It's never too late. This game is legend to those that appreciate it. Welcome aboard!

While I'm thinking of it, I seem to remember tj telling me about a possible solution for crashes in missions that spawn emplaceable weapons. Maybe I'll try to revise the code to see if that helps. There may be a forum only test version coming to see how that works out.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:47

tvig0r0us wrote:It's never too late. This game is legend to those that appreciate it. Welcome aboard!

While I'm thinking of it, I seem to remember tj telling me about a possible solution for crashes in missions that spawn emplaceable weapons. Maybe I'll try to revise the code to see if that helps. There may be a forum only test version coming to see how that works out.

Cheers Very Happy
Hi Tvig,
Yes, the crash problem occurs when a gun emplacement within an entityset is activated... then deactivated... then re-activated, and then the emplacement is mounted by a player. Best solution is to use OFP:spawnEntitySet(). Which works just like activate, spawning entity sets at the exact location placed on the map.

Damn, ...made me open the editor for the first time in months just to make sure I wasn't telling lies.

cheers,

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:49

BTW, I had a play with your mission... I got some kind of hard core AI going on... plus I'm rusty and got dead real quick. I'm thinkin' it needs a stealth element?

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:07

Sniff sniff! The dogs nose is twichin! Thats like saying walkies! Lol!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:09

tjdagger wrote:BTW, I had a play with your mission... I got some kind of hard core AI going on... plus I'm rusty and got dead real quick. I'm thinkin' it needs a stealth element?
If you're using any uai mod this mission will suck. I made it with my own ai mod in mind. You can operate stealth pretty well with it.  I think I will post my ai mod at some point. I think it's much more realistic than uai.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:34

having had these conversations in the past - can you describe some of the ways AI has been improved - curious about your approach
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Tue 29 Oct 2013, 15:03

The primary differences lie in the cone of vision. The uai mod gave a wider cone of vision allowing ai to spot you at angles that fall outside the realistic center of vision for the human eye. I did some research regarding the human center of vision and the peripheral vision and adjusted those values in the ai accordingly. The ai can see a realistic distance if the object is in the center of view, but these values drop drastically once the object is no longer in the center of the ai vision.

Another area was in the detection falloff values.  Once eluded the ai can no longer keep track of it's target without reestablishing a line of site detection. In the uai settings it was almost impossible to elude the ai once setected. That was part of the reason for persistent objects detected on the corner of the map.  

These are just a couple of examples.  I'll try to make a more indepth description of the ai settings in my modification in a separate post.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:58

some good thinking there!
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 20 Nov 2013, 01:40

Hey buddy! 

For the first time in months, i played DR! I feel so proud, lol!

I went at escape i have to say.......i liked it alot. 

Here's a run down of what happened. 

1. Got killedby the guard who enters the room the restarted, he didn't enter the secondtime round. Restarted again! Third time killed him and the other two on the floor, stole some guns, ended up with 19 mags wohooo ( no fucker was messing with me).

In crouch ran out the door hooked left round the back, couple of potshots from somewhere hit the fence, ran out the little start area, staying away from light source over the burms and across the runway.

Hit the trenches, heading south i took my chances in open country. Thought cooool no ones really spotted me. After about 2-3 minutes i get "echelon1 is echelon 1 and 2 etc etc" sure you know your own debugs there. Two helos took off on aerial patrol. No enemy contact at this point. 

Headed along the lower contour line of the hillside and crouching, then laying prone as soon as i hear or see the helos around. 

Still no contact! You making this too easy for me dude??? Lol! Anyway, i'm still heading north east at this point and with the occasional flyby i make exactly halfway between airfield and mologa. Headed up and over the ridgelines near the coast, no contacts.

This got me thinking (and jj too, we were playing simultaneously over skype) did i trip the AI or were there no pla in these areas? 

This was the latest update too. If i did it in a way that those areas were left open on purpose, great! My tactical skills of evasion are still floating around in my brain.  
Overall i liked it none the less, i certainly didn't wanna get shot by those "sharks" as myself and tj nicknamed those helos in nighthawk. 

I had to stop though because i went and adjust my graphics setings and for some reason DR doesn't like me doing that. It crashed!

Maybe throwing in some ambient patrols may be a good idea unless i bypassed them that is??

Cheers dude!

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Wed 20 Nov 2013, 14:33

Yep - like the mDog said took an inevitable stroll back to DR for some gameplay.

Either case, we both ended up taking the same routes to evade but I had the gnawing urge to get into some of the store houses that had weapon crates (did some death recon earlier).

In the end, I chose to take what i had and simply chose to evade.  Once out of camp, I hiked up over the hillside to have a peak on the main road - nothing!  So a brazenly walked down the road well past the second dog leg - still nothing?!  I even climbed the hill nearby to see if anything was showing its lights - nothing!

Like mDog said, did you make it that easy - did we miss something in the description - or are we that gifted in evasion.

Always enjoy the suspenseful moments like these in DR but feel the reward payoff lack the challenge you normally lay in there (understanding it is a test mission).

Anyway, we had discussed the following points:

- timer action that alerts the camp after you escape with the usual siren, search and destroy spawning at the airfield and helos circling the airbase.
- randomized patrols on both sides of the base to create more tension - if the goal is to make people shoot the pipe to the objective, funnel them with some APC in the wings
- randomized vehicle transport moving up and down the roads 
- some 2-3 man camps spotting the countryside and along the roadway makes it tempting to gain access to more ammo or health zones

there were some others but that comes to mind while I write.

Thanks again for the mission concept - stealth is underutilized in DR and even ARMA with all the dev support it has.

Look forward to seeing this evolve and if it can become an EDX module.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Thu 21 Nov 2013, 05:20

Hmmm.... stealth? 
Is it worth the effort? 
Would anybody get anything out of it?
Who would be willing to test such a thing?
Can I be even arsed??

ps. I have a random vehicle mod I just re-visted for Dewi. Anybody interested in testing it?

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 21 Nov 2013, 23:13

This is the original mission, I never got around to posting the update after some failed coop testing.  I will post it.  I've been up to my eyeballs in school work as the end of the semester approaches.  There was clearly something going wrong if you didn't run into any resistance along the way.  I'll post as soon as I have a chance to sit down and get it tidied up.  Thanks for the suggestions.  You will hopefully have a different experience with the update.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Fri 22 Nov 2013, 00:42

I'm willing to help test, code, and debug as time permits! Catch me on skype...
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 22 Nov 2013, 15:38

-=Escape=-

v3 Update

Changes
- added more points
- updated powerUp mod to Dewi's latest
- raised the server bandwidth in hopes to fix the coop problems (needs tested)
- added us troops to Mologa

Truth is I haven't been able to get out of the airfield let alone far enough north to test the activity.  If you are able to get out and don't run into any resistance, please post here so I can try to figure out what is going wrong.  I am running this on an i7 3770k so if it is stuttering or failing on slower processors, I won't know it.  If it all runs right you should have one hell of  a time completing it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?czo1kl7lyppf024 << Escape v3

https://www.mediafire.com/?czo1kl7lyppf024 << tvig0r0us AI for those that are interested

Cheers Very Happy

Last edited by tvig0r0us on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 15:39; edited 1 time in total
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Fri 22 Nov 2013, 15:39

cool - things should slow down for you after school break!

damn - you post JUST as I was writing

OOPS - This file is currently set to private.

if you need a FileDrop Box - I can give you one from my underutilized account

UPDATE: Thanks for the permission fix!  Are these two of the same file or just the same one?
Thanks - looking forward to giving it a go.

Last edited by John J. Stevens on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 16:12; edited 2 times in total
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 22 Nov 2013, 16:07

Sorry, I opened them up to share. Also updated the OP.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dewi316 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 17:22

The link for Escape v3 doesn't work for me, also AI link, really looking forward too giving this a blast. bounce
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 22 Nov 2013, 17:37

Hmmmm... not sure why the media fire links aren't working. Try these...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn07mlqjnzemp37/tvig0r0us.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig6atcazq2rj41o/tvig0r0us%20AI.zip
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Fri 22 Nov 2013, 19:51

That works!
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens