Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rising singleplayer

3 posters

Go down

Dragon Rising singleplayer  Empty Dragon Rising singleplayer

Post by alpha13-1 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 18:52

On mission 3, how you ever noticed that one of the USMC AAVPs is destroyed while your unit is defending the village? The AIs that operate one USMC AAVPs was somewhat stupid and I thought they could prevent themselves from becoming causalities of war. I find that a little irritating because their support can prevent the village from potentially being overturned and swarming with Red Chinese troops.

Last edited by alpha13-1 on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 02:14; edited 1 time in total
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Dragon Rising singleplayer  Empty Re: Dragon Rising singleplayer

Post by JurekCello78 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 21:11

hello there:)

I think that AAVP's loss is just for making Player to push and deal with spotter team at Antenna. 
If you spare just few seconds between succesfull beach assault and going for Spotter Team, to observe AAVPs, you'll notice then even if Mortar shell doesn't drop directly on AAVP, it'll still blow up as if it was - so it's rather not AI problematic, but i think scripting. From what I remember when playing 3rd mission already with only 1 AAVP active you can easilly win. All you need is to remember paths of PLA troops running towards Taranay.
I guess the biggest issue here would be placing that Spotter team in mission time to make it more intense and therefore giving Player much more replayability concerning eventual loss of APC. 
When you play it for the first time you actually don't see this, but after 3rd or 4th time you'll notice. 
It would be obviously logical to be under Mortar fire as soon as going out of tree line and being exposed to team from Antenna, but instead they "seem to not notice" enemy squads attacking their own guys until they're only 200 meters away.
 Cheers
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha13-1 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 21:53

There are times when I don't like being vulnerable to flanks which I can't take care of and it can be covered by other AI teammates to prevent the unit from being overwhelmed.
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 28 Nov 2013, 02:13

Can you change the title of the theead please it seems a little mis guided to the topic.

Thanks
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha13-1 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 02:15

I've adjusted the title and now the title shouldn't feel misguided.
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down