Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SP Overhaul Mod v2.0

3 posters

Go down

SP Overhaul Mod v2.0 Empty SP Overhaul Mod v2.0

Post by Brus525 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 13:36

Mods installed: SP Overhaul Mod v2.0 (with all Templars game enhancing mods enabled)
                       This is War v2.8
                       OFDR v1.02 Res Fix and Mods Enabled

I had a couple questions about this overhaul.

The overhaul comes with TemplarGFX's ultimate AI mod but I seem to notice the AI is different depending on the mission.  Island war seems to be easier than Squad level tactics (I turned the AI to experienced in SLT's config folder to make it easier but there's still a huge difference so I assume the mod is working?).  I know some of my mods work like the free-look mod.  Does the AI depend on a mission by mission basis or does it cover the whole game? 

To be specific, in Island war the AI sometimes just charge past me.  I fire at them and they seem to suddenly realize I'm there.  Combat seems to be around 100-200 meters.  They take about one shot to take down.  In most other missions (I haven't played them all but mostly Squad level tactics and This is war) they fire from VERY far away (400 meters or so) and they take a couple shots to kill.

Is it just the nature of the Island war mission?

BTW, vastly different AI from vanilla.  I guess I want to make sure everything is how it should be before dismissing this.

Brus525

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj4VxICUQEDUo2wQcGT7tTQ

Back to top Go down

SP Overhaul Mod v2.0 Empty Re: SP Overhaul Mod v2.0

Post by tvig0r0us Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:04

If you're playing slt from the sp overhaul it is majorly outdated. Afaik iw has it's ai programmed into the mission so it wi override any externally loaded ai mods. Slt was formerly programmed into the mission, but current versions are not. I'll post more when I get back to my pc.

Cheers and welcome to the forum Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by Brus525 Fri 15 Aug 2014, 02:13

I assume "Afaik iw" is you're talking about Island War?  Makes sense now since it seemed to be the only one that was different from the others. 

So the overhaul mod is fine, one just needs to install the latest versions of the missions to get the real experience? 

Is SLT's version 7 the final version?  I saw a version 8 but I wasn't sure what it was for.   Version 7 is great!  Starting off in the chopper and trying to find a base is cool.  Plus, the hotkeys are handy.  Question, is it like Island war where the baddies respawn or is it once you take over a town then it's yours forever.  Seemed like the counter attacks in SLT lasted forever but I wasn't sure if they were just coming from other places.

Thanks for the reply!

Brus525

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 15 Aug 2014, 03:54

Island war is coded with the ultimate ai where as the newer SLT is not. I just uploaded the latest and greatest of SLT to moddb where it is awaiting approval. The download should be active soon.

To answer your question, once you take over a location in SLT it is cleared, but there will still be PLA in the area at a lesser intensity. Mainly patrols, but they will no longer base themselves at the location. A lot of people don't realize that if you gather intel from locations it will reveal the locations of the generals, but you only have a limited amount of time to take them out before they disappear again and you have to gather intel on them.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions and maybe if you can catch me on here some time we can have a game. You can also find me on Skype and/or steam as tvig0r0us ... imagine that Razz

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by Brus525 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 07:20

So  for SLT do the patrols constantly re -spawn?  Every time I take a town, the counterattacks don't quit!   SLT Endgame is great by the way! Typically I take a town, then have to retreat after defending for awhile. 

Looking around in the files to Ultimate AI, it appears there is more than just AI tweaks like field of vision and lighting effects.

There's so much in the SP Overhaul mod it gets a little confusing to streamline which mods I want and how to get them to work.  Some mods override others it seems.

Brus525

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 14:42

Sweetspot made that compilation using everyone elses files claiming that he "fixed" missions that didn't work right. Knowing Sweetspot personally I think he was full of **** about this and would suggest grabbing NIKNEDS stuff if your looking for older versions. Also my file area holds I think most of the SLT versions. I just keep uploaded whatever newer version TVig posts.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Brus525 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 18:33

Hmm.  Can't seem to find where to download his map pack.  All of his sites seem to be down. Anyone have an address?

Edit:  Nevermind, I found it!

Brus525

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum