Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Polaris (OLD CM FORUM ADMIN) Album

4 posters

Go down

Sir Polaris (OLD CM FORUM ADMIN) Album Empty Sir Polaris (OLD CM FORUM ADMIN) Album

Post by John J. Stevens Sat 04 Jul 2015, 23:01

Somehow found myself tripping over an old FLIKR account from the former CM forum admin - seems he has distributed a lot of images from the rollout - there are a few jewels hiding in there - MDog will like seeing the "island image" before they made it Skira - Templar may have more fond memories of this guy than other - doubt this guy has any real dev info apart from what seems to be alpha and beta screens - either case and interesting piece of OFDR history

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sir_polaris/sets/with/72157606635303202
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sir Polaris (OLD CM FORUM ADMIN) Album Empty Re: Sir Polaris (OLD CM FORUM ADMIN) Album

Post by Zeewolf Mon 06 Jul 2015, 17:31

You know if you want to try to get "dev info" from one of the people who worked on the game, they aren't that hard to find. Just stick some names from the credits into Facebook or even LinkedIn.

Zeewolf

Back to top Go down

Sir Polaris (OLD CM FORUM ADMIN) Album Empty Re: Sir Polaris (OLD CM FORUM ADMIN) Album

Post by TheGeneral Mon 06 Jul 2015, 20:17

they won't give away much though.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeewolf Tue 07 Jul 2015, 15:05

Has anyone actually asked them, if so what exactly did they say? By "them" I don't mean CM through official channels, I mean the original developers who worked on DR's flavor of EGO. Given the age of the game, the fact that they probably don't work for CM any more and should generally be sympathetic to fans of their products I don't see why they would be obtuse. Just a general steer in the right direction regarding unpacking files would be helpful.

Zeewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by John J. Stevens Tue 07 Jul 2015, 15:41

Actually the fact that a number of them were "laid off" and there were numerous filings against CM for failure to compensate - yeah, you would think there may be some that would offer some insight - I think these images released suggest a 5-year ND may be coming to an end.

So there is hope to find a dev willing to discuss some more info.  Templar may have the best access as he worked a lot with them back in the day.
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Tue 07 Jul 2015, 23:04

One of the biggest hurdles Zeewolf, we have found over the past few years, is trying to crack the .win files. People have tried and failed countless number of times using all the popular hacking methods and tools yet to no avail. Its a shame really because if we get those files open the game can be modded no end.

This is probably one of biggest ball aches and let downs that has come from this game. Probably one of the reasons why the game has now lost its momentum in the charts. That's not to say that people don't play it, because I know they do and I see it every week with new sign ups to here. So that tells me there are people playing the game still regardless of the Hardcore that say the "game is dead!"

As a secondary, I am in the process of working on an A3 version of the island, so for any of those that enjoy both games can get the best of both worlds. It's not a carbon copy but it will be recognizable as the Dragon Rising theater of war.

If you would like to lend a hand in the helping with getting info from any of the old game devs for DR then feel free to send out a few pm's as such. the closer we get the better.

We do have a motto here "KeepDRAlive!" This game does deserve more credit than it gets and we the small army of DR veterans still chant it and always come back to it. 

Smile Wink
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 13:11

Hey everyone. I am uploading 99% of the old scans and pictures to my Google Photos account. Here is the link:

NFMZ1 Google Photos

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 26 Aug 2015, 13:23

Hello stranger. Nice to know ya not aducted by some aliens. Double good to know ya still compiling things. Cheers for checking in dude .
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 13:25

yeah i have neglected my family a little. Any missions i am missing? Good to see you as well bud.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 26 Aug 2015, 13:34

Tbh mate, not many mission have been released, tvig made the long road dewi is working his brain on learning how to make missions, i've got my head into making maps for arma3 and still working on the DR/ARMA thing.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 26 Aug 2015, 13:37

Also templar did the new lighting mod aswell has there be the arrival of zeewolf who has done a little bit of work on some uniform and weapon config changes. Tj hasn't been about much, although i did speak to him a few months back, not sure what hes been ul to lately.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down