Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SP] Contact! Contact!

3 posters

Go down

[SP] Contact! Contact! Empty [SP] Contact! Contact!

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 14:19

Here it is!!! What you've all been waiting for!!! (not!)

Ok seriously, this is my first attempt at mission editing, so any comments/suggestions/criticisms are appreciated. Just download it from LINK DELETED TEMPORARILY
Unrar the file into your... oh who am I kidding, you know what to do.

I hope you enjoy it Smile

RockCop

Last edited by RockCop on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link deleted whilst corrections made to mission)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[SP] Contact! Contact! Empty Re: [SP] Contact! Contact!

Post by TheGeneral Mon 31 Dec 2012, 01:18

Well done mate! I hope this is what you hoped for? at test stages I enjoyed playing it guys so hopefully you will.

RockCop has never made a mission before and with a little guidance and a lot of headache he has finally done it. well done bud!

edit :OK I just played your final release mate and you'll need to have a look at the re spawn of FOB Kerr once you have the rescued team and you've headed back to base. Nothing spawned back in.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Mon 31 Dec 2012, 07:05

Very cool premise, RockCop!! I didn't get to enjoy it past the starting 5 min cause my laptop chugs dr but when I get home, I'll give it a good go. Love the camp atmosphere btw.
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 09:38

Homer,

Who are you calling camp!

mdog,

Hmm, didn't seem to have that problem during my final test. confused I'll go in and have another look. Oh and well done for getting that far cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 15:57

Ok, I believe the problem is now fixed. Updated mission can be downloaded from the link on the first post Smile

Any more comments/suggestions/criticism at the usual place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 16:25

Hey RockCop, I noticed that the edx version is 20121208, which is an older version. I'd recommend updating to the latest version posted in the forum. I've made some fixes since then and I don't want you to run into edx related bugs. The new version is thusfar proven bug free. Outstanding work on the mission from what I've seen so far. I did have an issue with the first objective not completing. Will try the update.

Cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Mon 31 Dec 2012, 19:56

RockCop wrote:Homer,

Who are you calling camp!

LMAO! Camp - The FOB and it's atmosphere at the beginning of the mission! Not a who... hahhaaa Cool
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 08:42

Hello,

I've got run with this mission (updated one) and have similar problem to which Mdog had. FOB Ker doesnt respawn, although the other FOB respawns (the one Jones supposed to pick up team from for familiarisation flight). The only things are spawned back at Obj. 2 are perimeter patrolls and Viper.

Other than that is very promissing mission, especially that Mitsulevka is very rarely picked up location for missions ( I personally remember only 4 : including 1 SearchAndRescue mission, 1 mission from Cant Be Done and 1 mission from Island Adventure[by TJ:)]).
It has this very usefull beach Wink and treacherous terrain south from village, making any last stand possibly The Last in many occasions Very Happy i.e. hated location to defend in legendary Island War Free Roam RC8 by Templar.

Can't wait for that small fix to make this poor team resqued ;P

Cheers

JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:06

Ok, I've deleted the link in the first post until I can fix this problem. I don't understand because there were no problems when I tested it. Not to worry though, I'll have it fixed ASAP then repost it. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'm glad you've all enjoyed it up to that point. Watch this space for a furher update...

RC
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down