Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Flashpoint GOTY

Go down

Operation Flashpoint GOTY  Empty Operation Flashpoint GOTY

Post by nfmz1 Tue 08 Jan 2013, 00:22

Well As a request I asked ffor the original OFP to be given a space on the forums and I wanna thank those who made it happen. You really can't like Dragon Rising Without being a overall fan of military shooters. Back in 2001 we didn't have any "tactical" shooters. We had Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six and Delta Force series but until OFP came along there were no games where a big battlefield was your playground.

Operation Flashpoint GOTY  Operation_flashpoint_gallery_2

I bought OFP the day it was released and I think I paid like 70 bucks for it (I still have those discs and items btw) When I first played it I absolutely hated it. It didn't wanna run on my system (which it said I had more than enough system for it) and it looked like crap. The guys ran almost sideways and the ground was like Ghost Recon with it's sharp edges.

Once a patch or 2 hit and I learned that MAX settings was a no go (even to this day you avoid max settings) I came back to it and started really getting into it. Playing "Steal The Car" or "Shadow Killer" was awesome! The Ai just punished you and then they released how to make mods and it took a life into it's own. To this day I STILL play those missions myself and with new players to OFP to get them used to the game.

Nowadays OFP has a ton of mods, missions, utilities, islands and Addons plus new ones are being built daily that you could start playing OFP today and probably spend a few years getting through everything that is out there to enjoy. I am looking forward to sharing some of the stuff that I love playing that I think you will enjoy as well.

Operation Flashpoint GOTY  Snap117bb2

You can get the game online for as low as 3 bucks (it can be purchased directly from Bohemia or Steam as Arma Cold War Assault. Same game different name is all)

Operation Flashpoint GOTY  Ggggggggkq7

Operation Flashpoint GOTY  1357604492

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Operation Flashpoint GOTY  Empty Re: Operation Flashpoint GOTY

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 02:16

I still have and probably always will have this game on my system. In fact I still fire it up and have a go. It's still a better game today than 99 percent of the games out there. Good call.

Cheers!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:24

I've still got this one and glad I bought it. I recently got the Arma series, with Arma Cold War Assault included. If this is the same game, does that mean I can download all the old mods and addons and it will work with the new version?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:49

that is true all old mods work with it, FFUR, GRAA, WW4, FDF Redux WGL all of em including CTI missions and 99% of the missions. Check out OFPR for 99% of the mods,addons and missions available.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down