Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script

5 posters

Go down

EDX or Script?

AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script I_vote_lcap50%AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script I_vote_lcap50%AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script Empty AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script

Post by TemplarGFX Thu 18 Apr 2013, 22:55

Hello All,

now that my AI Enhancement is getting truly underway, I need to make a decision.

While I have found nothing so far that is restricted or not possible due to the way EDX works, just the fact that there are limitations makes me a little hesitant to go that route. The main reason is that if I were to make this a secondary script, it would still work fine with or without EDX.

So my question is simple : Would you prefer this AI Enhancement to be and EDX module, or a Secondary Script?

TemplarGFX
Veteran

Back to top Go down

AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script Empty Re: AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script

Post by John J. Stevens Thu 18 Apr 2013, 23:31

in a matter of speaking a module for EDX is simply a secondary script with an initialization routine/statement to tie some global variables, housekeeping and stuff.

If I understand correctly this doesn't interfere with it as a stand alone secondary script unless it is dependent on some EDX builtin routines.

For flexibility a secondary script (ala UAI2.1) with declaration to EDX for integration/debugging purposes
John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens
Admin

Back to top Go down

AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script Empty Re: AI Enhancement Poll - EDX or Script

Post by oANIMUSo Fri 19 Apr 2013, 01:44

Agreed. Green it out if ya want, but go ahead and throw an integration script in so we can use it w/ EDX.
oANIMUSo
oANIMUSo

https://www.youtube.com/user/oANIMUSoTube?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Fri 19 Apr 2013, 11:15

I voted EDX only because thats the way I edit now and I wouldn't know any different.

Also with the way it works, it's stupid simple to operate. For the noob editor not knowing anything about Secondary scripts and how to implement them, the EDX does provide a platform to for ease of use.

The only thing the noob would need to know is how to open a markers collection and how to operate the module/s they want to use.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 12:03

TemplarGFX wrote:Hello All,

now that my AI Enhancement is getting truly underway, I need to make a decision.

While I have found nothing so far that is restricted or not possible due to the way EDX works, just the fact that there are limitations makes me a little hesitant to go that route. The main reason is that if I were to make this a secondary script, it would still work fine with or without EDX.

So my question is simple : Would you prefer this AI Enhancement to be and EDX module, or a Secondary Script?

What were the limitations again??? I missed that part.

edit- make it a script, I don't want anyone thinking the EDX is useful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Regg Sat 20 Apr 2013, 03:35

I'm confused too. I don't see how the EDX limits anything.

Of course if you use EDX functions, mission creators will need to use the EDX. And if you want any event handling in a secondary script, you have to use EDX.

UAI2011 works regardless of the EDX. So if the new AI is similar, this is a null point. Otherwise, I think EDX is the way to go.
Regg
Regg
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down