Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated Server

+2
dewi316
WHYZ
6 posters

Go down

Dedicated Server Empty Dedicated Server

Post by WHYZ Sat 05 Apr 2014, 17:00

Im new to the community so 1st want to thank its creator! I love OFDR i used to play it on PS3 religiously before my house was broken in and everything was stolen. I recently got the game for the PC only to find out that the servers are down. i want to create a dedicated server for the game but have no idea on how to do it. i have the game on my laptop but i have a spare PC, i beleive you need to have a extra pc to make a dedicated server (forgive me if im wrong). anyone care to aid me in this process, im ready to play!

WHYZ

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Server Empty Re: Dedicated Server

Post by dewi316 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 19:20

First of all Welcome to our community, there are loads of mods and missions you can try with the PC version of the game, as regards a dedicated server there is a dedicated online community using " TUNNGLE " also you can use your IP address for connection to friends, check out the forum as there is a wealth of knowledge here. See you on the Island  Cool
dewi316
dewi316
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by WHYZ Sat 05 Apr 2014, 22:12

i appreciate the welcome & response. if i use my IP address to play with friends will we be able to use voice chat if say everyone is on STEAM? How does the TUNNGLE thing work, if you dont mind explaining plz.

WHYZ

Back to top Go down

Post by JurekCello78 Sun 06 Apr 2014, 10:50

Hi and welcome Smile

Tunngle works just like "old" Internet Multiplayer section in OFDR only in LAN section, meaning that when you're entering Multiplayer Lobby you are able to see and join accessible (free and/or with the same mission you also have in your "missions" folder) servers, even if they are not connected to your Local Area Network. So, thats pretty all about Tunngle.
Voice chat is completely another story mate, you can use whatever suites you as Voice Comms. There's already built in Voice Comm in game (press F5 and hold it to talk) but depending on Hardware you use and Internet Connection quality may be very poor or quite good.
If I remember well, you could combine Tunngle with TeamSpeak3 or Mumble to use Voice Comms but I dont know details, you'd have to check it out yourself.

Cheers,
JurekCello78
JurekCello78
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by HuGoStigLiTz Tue 01 Jul 2014, 06:01

i was alost wondering if this game is still going online ,, sorry newb to the flashpoint on pc  , was pissed when i got it and there was no online
HuGoStigLiTz
HuGoStigLiTz

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:49

Welcome to one of the last remaining community hubs for OFDR. While it's not the most active, there still remains an enthusiastic fan base for this game. Online play can be found on Tunngle. I'm still actively creating new missions as well and there are a handful of people that are contributing materials for the game. Browse around and feel free to jump in on any discussions, we are always happy to see a new member on the forum!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by HuGoStigLiTz Wed 02 Jul 2014, 02:59

awesome ,, i love the game and i play it on 360 all the time and i was shocked to see there was no support on the pc version,, any good place to get tunngle ?
HuGoStigLiTz
HuGoStigLiTz

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Wed 02 Jul 2014, 03:17

I don't use it personally, but if you search Tunngle on google you should have no problem procuring a copy.

Cheers
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 11:51

Also Game Ranger has players as well. Game ranger Website

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down