Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first mission release

Go down

My first mission release Empty My first mission release

Post by TheGeneral Tue 08 Jan 2013, 13:25

After two years of trying to figure out the editor and get my head around understanding Lua, Tvig came up with a handy tool for me. THE EDX or Editor Expansion. You all know the thing I am talking about.

If you haven't made a mission before and have been itching to make a mission but can't figure out the code to do it well enough. This will definatley help you ten fold.

I have been playing around with this since xmas. I would have had my mission out sooner, but I've discovered a few things which has required a little tweaking and I've needed some help with it.

Anyway, I plan to release this asap, I just need to get a few finalised details sorted in the mission and then you can see how simple it is now to make a mission using the EDX.

I will be putting together a tutorial of this mission aswell. The mission will be a template of how to use the EDX and what you need to do to have a half decent mission. There is some coding but not alot and I mean NOT ALOT! Trust me, you'll be impressed by how easy it has become to make missions now.

Tvig and TJ are constantly working on modules to help us all out so I want to publicly say on top of all this. a MAHOOSIVE THANKYOU for providing the community with this tool and modules. I know why you are doing this for everyone and I understand how awkward and frustrating it can be. This wouldn't be possible without your solid committment! Thankyou once again.

Stay tuned, you'll all see the my very first EVERY completed mission release very very soon.

Cheers

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

My first mission release Empty Re: My first mission release

Post by TheGeneral Thu 10 Jan 2013, 00:06

Ok! just to give you a little update on things guys.

I am almost finished on the mission. Its nothing extravagant, you have to get in blow summit up and get out again.

BUT! what I plan to do for you is give you an insight into using the EDx and making an mission using the modules as well. This is going to be combined with a PDF manual on the wiki tuts I made and covering the EDx and mission making. Hopefully the manual won't take too long for me to do. I plan to get out as soon as possible depending on how hung up I get on things and my motivation doesn't get sapped by it.

The wiki tuts were a thing I could work on over time and put in when ever I wanted, this is a slightly different thing altogether. hopefully you guys will get something from it and get making on mission using the EDx. Trust me is soooooooo FUCKING EASY TO USE! even a plank like me can create a mission from it. LOL!

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down