Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Codemasters Forums Mod Lists

3 posters

Go down

Codemasters Forums Mod Lists Empty Codemasters Forums Mod Lists

Post by FiberOpticRabbit Wed 09 Jan 2013, 23:41

Hello, I am just starting back into OFDR with a few friends while we wait for ARMA 3. I have just started to get a handle on using the mission editor and doing baisic LUA scripting when I stumbled upon this community via the Steam forums. I'm glad to see people still have a strong interest in this game.

I cam across this thread on the steam forums,

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1688055

I was very excited about everything there until I realized they all linked to the now defunct codemasters DR forum, and though I have looked, it doesn't seem like here, or anywhere else has a comprhensive list and links to working versions of everything listed. It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction to getting some of these, especially how to put the features of TEMPLARGFX's Tactical Engagement Simulator (T.E.S) into my own custom missions.

Thank you all very much.

FiberOpticRabbit

Back to top Go down

Codemasters Forums Mod Lists Empty Re: Codemasters Forums Mod Lists

Post by TheGeneral Thu 10 Jan 2013, 00:44

First off! Welcome to the forum FibreOpticRabbit! You have come to the right place for all things OFDR. At the moment we are still pulling in information and getting things sorted here.

Since the original Forum closed we were located to a forum attached to another website, things peeled away from there and we are now here since just before xmas 2012.

So if you stick around for a bit you will get information as it gets put in. We are not sure completely how much stuff has been lost and what links are working to where at the moment but as time goes by we will get things fully up and stored in this forum for the community. we are not going anywhere now I don't think. We are a community that runs this forum together. Its not run by an external source or by one person, we have a few admins, and quite a few moderators to keep ourselves in check.

I'll have read over that thread and you post and see what I can find regarding the subject matter and get this place updated. If I don't complete it, then I'm sure the rest of us can chime in and give a hand. TBH, since the xmas break everyone has been busy with there own personal lives so that could be reason that this forum doesn't look as well stocked as what it should be. It is still early days.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by FiberOpticRabbit Thu 10 Jan 2013, 01:07

Thank you very much for the quick reply. OFDR is going to be my lifeline this semester for sanity; I look forward to more content and info.

FiberOpticRabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 10 Jan 2013, 01:13

No problem, keep in touch with the forum as best you can and get your buddies to stop by, it only adds to the community, it would be a shame to see the game die even if Arma 3 may storm the pc market. This game is a gem to play and make maps for, that's why we are standing our ground on here and not letting others say otherwise.

I am in the process of getting a manual together for the editor as I type. There is also the EDx which may come in handy for your future mission creation.

Last edited by Mdog on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:42; edited 1 time in total
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:39

Ok , I've done a little bit of digging and you can find most missions and mods that were made for DR during the running of the CM forums here:

mission bank

Tvigs SLT missions you can find in the User Created missions aswell.

SearchAndRescue still operates his website we believe, I've not been there for a few weeks so you'd have to check out what he has available.

OGU Autodownloader is now defunked, the OGU community parted ways about 18 months to a year ago.

Nikned has disappeared not sure what is going on with his stuff??????? but he had what is already in the mission bank.

For MODS, I will look into this, so far I think some of them are still available. I know that Templar's better lighting mod and max entity limit is in the above link.

The Mission editing side of things you are best to ask your Q's in our forums for that. Like I said last night, I am in the process of doing a manual to help "GAMERS" make missions that have no clue about programming, this is a basic thing I started as part of the Wikipedia pages we used to have.

Templar's Totally awesome Database is in the above link!

for Tutorials best use our forum from now on.

I have saved the threads in the last few links as offline pages so I just need to format the information to put up here. There is a lot of work I need to do here so if someone could help me out on this I'd really appreciate it guys. certainly for this last item anyway. I've got quite a few things to do myself as you know.

Cheers

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FiberOpticRabbit Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:11

Wonderful, thanks a lot! I'll keep posted with anything.

FiberOpticRabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:09

Anything that you have for upload that isn't in the file depot let me know I am more than happy to add it. Also I am working on a flashdrive set of EVERYTHING done by the community. No sure how im gonna package it and how it will get distributed but it is a work in progress. Rocky over at gr net gave me the idea when he did his dvd sets and I think we can do the same but use a newer media for it. I was thinking microSD and I think it's a great way to make sure our stuff is always available to members. The file servers are not always the most reliable. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated as well.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum