Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome new members

+23
Killjoy_21
simcardo
Tonio50
alpha13-1
UndeadGuru
Zeewolf
geowolf
tazmo
tjdagger
Dong Qiang
John J. Stevens
JOA
gotmikl
jackmomma
ChronopandaZA
Sayjimwoo
nfmz1
Regg
shah.ram
Spooky999
HomerPepsi
pyhunter101
john doe1
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Welcome new members - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members

Post by TheGeneral Thu 03 Oct 2013, 01:15

Hi mate!  I remember ya name, were you not partnered up with DROperative working on the Dedi server or something??

ANyway, glad you can join us! I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that the win files are always waiting to be extracted to their full extent. It would be interesting if you could find a way to get AI pathfinding ontop of props, I have built a few bunker assets that have things like, cinder blocks flipped side ways to create walk on platforms. Thing is AI don't like them because they are no on the ground. Even lining up concrete bunkers to create tunnels, doesn't help even if hey are at ground level. IF you can help in that respect, I'd like to chat.

If you work something out, setup a seperate thread for it and we'll discuss it there. Cheers

Glad you signed up!

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Welcome new members - Page 3 Empty Hey guys :D

Post by UndeadGuru Sat 05 Oct 2013, 10:43

Hi guys,

I'm new here and I just wanted to say thanks for uploading the Ultimate AI mod for Dragon Rising I love you Now I'm going to lurk around the forums..

Cheers! bounce

(moved by admin for correct locatilty of post)

UndeadGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sat 05 Oct 2013, 16:31

Welcome to the forum dude!

Your free to look, post and do what ever you like in here (obviously within the rules of the forum).

Any questions ask. Please read the thread descriptions if any so you know that you are posting in the correct threads first.

Cheers!

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UndeadGuru Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:10

Mdog wrote:Welcome to the forum dude!

Your free to look, post and do what ever you like in here (obviously within the rules of the forum).

Any questions ask. Please read the thread descriptions if any so you know that you are posting in the correct threads first.

Cheers!

MD
Ok cool! Thanks! Very Happy

UndeadGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha13-1 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 20:44

Hi, I'm alpha13-1 and in the past, I had participated in the CM forums regarding DR and RR before they decided to close it. I don't have the time to play the PC version of DR, but prefer the PS3 version and I still play it even to this day on single player when I have spare time.
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 14 Oct 2013, 22:07

Hi alpha13-1, Glad you join the OFDR community. If you do wanna find the time to play DR on the PC we are more than happy to help out with any questions you have.

Have a look around and see what benefits the PC version now has over the console version, they'll outweigh the console dramatically.

Enjoy!

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonio50 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 19:41

I always liked this game on the PS3 and have re-discovered it on the PC. It's so much better with all the mods and I'm amazed by Island War. Any suggestions for other mods would be very welcome

Cheers

Tony (Dublin)

Tonio50

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 23 Oct 2013, 20:02

Good to see you dude! Welcome to the forum!

The PC version I think (maybe wrong, but I doubt it!) is probably the only version that still has a pulse regarding this game. Its good to see that even 18months after CM closed the door on everything DR people are still pulling this game of the shelf.

The vanilla game is ok, but the improvements made by the Community are where the game really comes alive. Island War was one of them, SLT (Squad Level tactics) is a good one to look at. This is War also by the same person, Tvig0r0us, who created the EDx, he has some modules released for this too.

Operation Nighthawk for some real stealth free roam play, and I mean real. There are some really cool mods you can use with these too, such as SaTCams, Clusterbombs etc, all applied using the numpad as Hotkeys. 

JJ.Stevens made a SpecOps mission called MilTac, worth checking out too.

Tjdagger, our resident master of editor tinkering has created some really good modules for using with the EDx (created by Tvig) if you are interested in Editing too. He also has  SFGW (Special Forces Guerilla Warfare) which is an open world game, you choose the objective and start location and away you go! Really good to play as are the rest that have been made.

Here are some links.

Our Forum Mission Content

The EDx

I'd post more but my ISP are being crap and are slowing my connection down so pages take friggin ages to load.

What you have there should keep you busy for a while. Any questions post in the appropriate threads thanks.

MD
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome new members - Page 3 Empty Hello....... new members here! :P

Post by simcardo Tue 03 Dec 2013, 06:19

Hi i'm new here!!!  Very Happy  Smile  Cool 
everybody still play DR?  Question 
cheers
simcardo
simcardo

Back to top Go down

Post by tjdagger Tue 03 Dec 2013, 09:56

hi simcardo, 
There are still a few playing DR. Mainly co-op through LAN connection with IP address.
A few here, including myself still play around with the editor as a bit of a hobby also.

Cheers and welcome.

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha13-1 Wed 04 Dec 2013, 03:15

Hello, simcardo. I play the PS3 version of DR and in the so called old days, I had a lot of fun participating in coop and multiplayer. Nowadays, I prefer to play singleplayer. I have a fanfiction story titled Dragon's Revenge and you should check it out.
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 04 Dec 2013, 10:49

Simcardo welcome to the forum.

Moved and deleted your original post due to incorrect posting location!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simcardo Fri 06 Dec 2013, 08:37

oh..
sorry to post it there
Embarassed
simcardo
simcardo

Back to top Go down

Post by Killjoy_21 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:42

Hi! I apologise to post my first topic in a wrong place (i think), I came to know this game some years ago. I was really shocked about how much was great this game. First, I got some information on OFP games of last years and I bought Red River on discount and then, after a year, Dragon Rising. I'll be honest, i still have not finished DR, not for its difficulty but for lack of time because this kind of game deserves dedication and attention.
I enjoyed a LOT playing RR 2 years ago, it was so fun and addictive, too bad that people prefer playing other useless games.
I started playing DR some months ago, i did 3 missions and i had to stop then. Today a friend asked me some help about the cooperative trophy and i was disliked about the shutting down of servers.
Obviously i play on PS3, if you wanna do some missions we can get a deal about time and day Smile

Thank you and hope to see you soon!

Killjoy_21

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha13-1 Sat 13 Sep 2014, 05:45

If I wasn't taking three college courses this fall semester, then I might consider playing ps3 online and sadly I can't, not now. I'm glad that you joined this forum and if you could, could you read my fanfiction story?
alpha13-1
alpha13-1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sat 13 Sep 2014, 10:56

It wasn't posted in the wrong section mate you missed the info in the sticky about mp set up. 

Welcome to the forum! 

You may benefit more with DR if you get it on pc. You can pick up a copy of it dirt cheap nowadays, either from steam or on disc.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hermes79 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 08:26

Hello guys im Hermes and im from Greece.I start to play OFDR 2 months ago.Before this game i used to play arma2

hermes79

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Wed 24 Feb 2016, 12:20

Welcome aboard Hermes. It's been a bit slow around here lately, but hopefully you will find all of the great resources available here. If you have any questions, ask away. We're happy to help out!

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 24 Feb 2016, 12:20

welcome dude! you must be the first person to post in this thread for a while. 

Welcome to the forum. as quiet as it might seem, things do get talked about and things do occasionally appear. So have a read and if you have any questions I'm sure there will be someone who will be able to answer.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GreenReeper Mon 18 Jul 2016, 16:53

i wanted to say hello to all the pc gamers of the ofpdr community i am The GreenReeper from xbox 360 i have just booted up to pc and im hoping to meet and play with some of the pc gamers of this community. Is there any kool mods i should dl and whats the story with online play and signing up . my ofpdr back round is i have been playing ofpdr since it came out on xbox i am in the top 50 and still run with a crew that i am getting to move to pc . im hoping to get in contact with some of u pc vets and get some games in .

The_GreenReeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3