Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets

2 posters

Go down

KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets Empty KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets

Post by nfmz1 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 12:35

hey everyone,

I have been kicking around the idea of building a dvd set of everything based on what the community has made for Dragon Rising. Like the DVD sets that ghostrecon.net offered here:

that being said we can tie it into maybe using the funds to help build the community as well.Along with possible dvd sets I also was thinking of SD or flashdrive editions. Obviously the cost of these Items are various but in the US here a 16 gig usb stick is anywhere from 5 to 9 dollars. MicroSD cards are similar as well. I would like to do the DVD sets with complete covers, labels, maybe even some kind of insert as well. Making this a totally complete package. So I was wondering 3 things:

What do you think?
Start building a list of files to to added
And what media based do we think would be good to use?

Let me know what you all think.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets Empty Re: KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets

Post by TheGeneral Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:13

mate, this is definatley a great idea but I'm unsure whether we are allowed to make money or something along those lines from the content we have produced for a game that is licensed and copyrighted by a legit source.

I'm completely unsure of the whole aspect of this so I don't really know what to say about it to be honest apart it's a brilliant idea.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets Empty Re: KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets

Post by nfmz1 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:23

I never said meant to assume we want to make money off it only what we put into it cost wise. The cost of getting the package together then mailing it off is all I was thinking. Rocky doesn't charge per say for the same thing. It all goes to the packaging and mailing costs. the content itself is free. I was thinking , like him we could add a donator type group as well for those who donate a little more.

Example is if it costs 20 bucks to get someone the product and they send you 25 then they would not only get the product but also a donator status within the forums as well. Alot of sim communities have the same thing.

Example is Flightgear they give away the program, airplanes and scenery all for download but you can also purchase them on DVD sets if you want to pay for it. See what I mean?

If people donate media and/or materials that goes a long way towards driving down the cost of the overall packaging. Really the big part is collecting everything up, catagorizing it, and getting the total package done.

Here is GRNETS version of what I wanna do:

6 dvd set Ghost Recon Collection

and yes i own them as well (older set)
KDRA Community Cloud based files and DVD/ Media Sets 0220131527

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:52

I see what you mean now!

whilst reading that I instantly began generating thoughts of Tuts DVDs for the edx and my latest venture using sound files etc. So in retrospect of what I said I think this could work.

There is obviously alot to think about such as compiling the data, the packaging, the admin, the updates (if any?)

I certainly would advise not doing such a big thing on your own though so, if it does go ahead, we need full commitment from the community to help make it work and be a success.

We would also need to think about consistency of the project and possibly delegating jobs to people. Thing is with that though on the flip side is, as I found with the manual and Tvig with the .xmls, it can burn you out doing too much. I'm talking about everyone involved on this aspect, no matter what the job is you are doing, when it becomes a chore you begin to lose faith and enthusiasm because of the stress and strain could inevitably put on us. (just something to think about!)

We need the rest of the community to input and possibly a vote to kickstart it?? I'm all for it anyway.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:01

once combined its really easy actuallly. All i would do is stick in a flashdrive, make folders and drop in what you all would like lol. Design a couple labels and BAm all done but the mailing lmao

Updates could be a quarterly thing and people can download everything AFTER they get themselves. We could even upload iso sets for people to download as well with easy printable labels. Not making an updated complete set until a new disk is full. What ya think?

Last edited by nfmz1 on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:11; edited 1 time in total

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:08

ok maybe I'm thinking this is bigger then you are actually saying. It would be nice though to have a shitload of info all in one place ie a flashdrve, dvd's etc. As a package this would be great for Joe blogs.

Like I said it would be good to have a full set of tuts available as a DVD to help people get the most outta what is available like the EDx etc, using the editor etc. But then there is always YouTube isn't there for that.

I am planning on doing a set of tuts for getting custom sounds into your own missions soon so stay tuned on that.
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:12

we do it through Google docs and collaberate on all the items and files. that way more than 1 person can add or remove stuff. Let me start a section for it and ill give you access to it.

OK go here. Once I have an email address for you, I can give you editing access as well as access to a section of my Google Drive where I plan on keeping the files til ready for construction.

Google Docs

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:27

just looked it over, thats pretty smart .

pm'd
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Sat 10 Aug 2013, 18:07

Been awhile since I posted here about this but I am still working on this project. I am working on a Google Drive folder that will house everything. Once done I will be adding it to a MicroSD card. Let ya know how it goes!

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down