Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 mod related questions

2 posters

Go down

2 mod related questions Empty 2 mod related questions

Post by mitsurugi2424 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 14:29

I was curious if anyone ever made a weapon editor? i notice there are several sights and scopes available for the various weapons, and i cant understand why they left this feature out of the game. also, for testing purposes, i am looking for a god mode mod, preferable one that is toggle-able. i am new to map making, and i like to test what i have in stages throughout my creation, but most often i am trying to make sure the AI goes where i need, acts how i would like, does what i want. unfortunately, the larger my mission gets, the harder it is to properly test all the groups, cause i have to either stop and play out the fire fight with each group and win to finish checking my settups, or die and start all over. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also i know this is a modern combat sim, and not COD, i dont need this cause i cant beat it or to lessen the challenge in the game, i beat it on 360, and im loving it more on PC, i just want this so i can set up and test levels as i create them.

thanks in advance

-Mitsurugi

mitsurugi2424

Back to top Go down

2 mod related questions Empty Re: 2 mod related questions

Post by mitsurugi2424 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 19:28

...i guess this is one of those topics that is some sort of unsaid nono?
i really dont think its such a bad thing to want. when your trying to make a multi-stage map with several enemy locations, it makes doing so a lot faster when you can run though every so often and check how its actually playing out. i mean its one thing to juts drop some enemy formations, but wanting to check them quickly/see how they play out and move on to the next....is that so wrong?

mitsurugi2424

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Sat 17 Aug 2013, 22:40

Are you talking about viewing things in various locations without playing through the whole mission?

Tjdagger worked out a way to view units spawning in on the other side of the field using hotkeys and unit cameras. Maybe be worth sending him a pm and ask if he can help?? That is if this what you mean. 

You can also set yourself invulnerable during test phase by setting the boolean true. But this means going ar it from the start.

As for the weapon editor, there isn't one. Modeling anything for DR is NOT possible!
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi2424 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 09:17

i wonder why they made a game that way? modding and modeling on games is half the fun and a pig part of why people buy PC. if that boolean thing works, that will be exactly what i needed

mitsurugi2424

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi2424 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 09:20

how do i set boolean to true in the mission editor?

mitsurugi2424

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGeneral Mon 19 Aug 2013, 14:23

any questions relating to the editor interms of how to code should be asked in the correct forum, Editing Q+A;

I have answered your question here:How to become bullet proof
TheGeneral
TheGeneral
Admin

http://maniacaldog.wix.com/keepdralive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down