Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orders & Command Guide

4 posters

Go down

Orders & Command Guide Empty Orders & Command Guide

Post by nfmz1 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 22:29

Orders & Command Guide Kdra_of2dr_rings

The following is the command ring (not the fire support ring) which is called up on a separate key.

Initial Ring:

Move directs the FT or selected FT members to move to a specific point in 3D (or the 2D map). This slot changes to Assault Building, Enter (vehicle), Operate Mount, Move and Hover (helicopter), or Assault (position) depending on what you highlight or are riding in.

Follow is to order the FT or select FT members to regroup on the FT leader. This slot changes to Engage (enemy), Suppress (position), Move and Land (helicopter), Mount (vehicle), or Exit (Vehicle) depending on what you aim at, or are riding in.

Tactical opens the Tactical ring.

Orders opens the Orders ring.

----------------------------------------------- Secondary Ring Tier ---------------------------------------------

Tactical Ring

ROE adjusts rules of engagement and opens the ROE ring.
Formation opens the Formation ring.

Spread accesses the Spread ring.

Medic is available if your FT leader character is bleeding out (not sure if this is available to FT members in co-op).

Orders Ring

Offense accesses the offence ring. This is generally used to order your FT to attack enemies (generally resulting in more casualties).
Fire brings up the Engagement ring.
Defense opens the defence ring. Used to place the FT into a stationary attack mode.
Movement opens the advanced movement ring. The command to sprint will be there.

-----------------------------------------------------------Tertiary Ring Tier----------------------------------------------------------------

ROE Ring

Fire At Will means your FT fires as soon as they spot an enemy and their weapons are in effective range. Generally loud and messy.
Return Fire has your FT fire back only when fibrown upon. Once that happens, the engagement lasts until one side is left. (This order has no FT leader voice on the 360 version -- could be a bug).
Fire On Lead has your FT fire only when your FT leader fires. At that point, they go to "Return Fire" until the engagement is completed.
Hold Fire means no one in the FT will fire even if spotted or fibrown upon. Handy if you need to run from attacking enemy gunships.
Formation Ring

Column has the FT line up behind you (like in grammar school). When moving forwards, the FT trails behind your FT leader.
Line has the FT stand abreast of your FT leader. When moving forward, they should be along side you most of the time.
Wedge forms a triangular shape, with the FT leader as the point. When moving forwards, the FT will be behind and to your sides.
Vee is the inverted wedge (FT will be ahead of your FT leader when moving forward). Just like in Mechwarrior 2, you use your expendable assets to suck up the damage for you. If you tend to get shot by your allied bots, put them in a Vee formation.

Spread Ring

Normal is generally default dispersion, although still packed close that when moving between buildings, your FT may run into trouble negotiating walls, etc.
Tight is very close dispersion, such that a single mortar round can probably eliminate your whole team. However, if you don't expect explosives, tight spread may help if you need a medic in a hurry.
Combat is wide dispersion and perfect for bringing multiple angles of fire without going into your map and selecting different FT members and giving multiple orders.

Offence Ring

Assault means to have the FT assault a position or building with all available firepower. They will be on "Fire at Will" at this point.
Flank Left means to attack the position from the left side.
Flank Right means to attack the position from the right side.
Halt orders the FT to stop and return to their previous ROE. They will defend where the Halt Order was given.

Defence Ring

Follow is to order the FT or select FT members to regroup on the FT leader.
Fall Back has the FT deploy smoke and do a slow fighting withdrawal to a specified spot on the map.
Defend has the team defend a particular grid. They will operate on Fire at Will for this command.
Halt orders the FT to stop and return to their previous ROE. They will defend where the Halt Order was given.

Movement Ring

Follow is to order the FT or select FT members to regroup on the FT leader.
Move directs the FT or selected FT members to move to a specific point in 3D (or the 2D map). This slot changes to Assault Building, Enter (vehicle), Operate Mount, Move and Hover (helicopter), or Assault (position) depending on what you highlight or are riding in.
Move Fast directs the FT to move (sprint) to a particular spot. Sprinting is more noticeable and unalerted enemies may be alerted to sprinting soldiers.
Exit orders the FT to disembark/dismount vehicles.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Orders & Command Guide Empty Re: Orders & Command Guide

Post by tjdagger Fri 21 Dec 2012, 01:28

Nice break down!

tjdagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 01:41

I wish I could take credit for it but I think I originally found it on IGN somewhere in a forum and saved the info. I have a backup drive with a tons of stuff on it I am looking through to add to the community.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerPepsi Fri 21 Dec 2012, 02:06

nfmz1 wrote:I wish I could take credit for it but I think I originally found it on IGN somewhere in a forum and saved the info. I have a backup drive with a tons of stuff on it I am looking through to add to the community.

Great job nonetheless.
HomerPepsi
HomerPepsi
Veteran

http://filebeam.com/folder/10717

Back to top Go down

Post by Palyarmerc Fri 05 Sep 2014, 23:34

IGN Operation Flashpoint 2 wiki guide
Palyarmerc
Palyarmerc

http://nomandown.co.uk