Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame

+4
tvig0r0us
sawit75
ddeo
nfmz1
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame Empty [SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 15:57

Squad Level Tactics Endgame
by tvig0r0us
Final version is r9 available at moddb from the link at the end of this post!

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame 91cf97f2374b4d4672ef2099bd0cd35917a90fb006323d744c0e32410879e8f76g

Squad Level Tactics is a mission for Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising that focuses primarily on the players ability to command a squad of AI soldiers through a gauntlet of hostile PLA forces in an attempt to complete a series of dynamic mission objectives. This mission offers a completely dynamic tactical gaming experience. With random weather, time of day, infantry and vehicle spawning, objective placement and the complete use of the island of Skirinka in addition to the entire island of Skira, anyone will be able to play this mission with virtually unlimited outcomes.

This mission includes the following:
- SLT AI mod: A variation of the Ultimate AI mod from TemplarGFX specifically modified for SLT Endgame
- Experienced and Hardcore dispersion mods from TemplarGFX from Ultimate AI 2011
- Jeep speedometer mod - This mod adds speedometers to all jeeps, humvees and desert patrol vehicles
- The mission -Can be played as coop, single mission or Campaign
- All of the mssn files used to create Squad Level Tactics Endgame
- The custom entity database used to create Squad Level Tactics Endgame
- Text tutorial
- Auto Hotkeys for OFDR from HaywoodSlap  
Game Features:
- Selectable objective based or freeroam gameplay (objectives given at bases or with intel discovery)
- Start with squad in helo at sea so you can go wherever you want to kick things off
- Deployable forward outpost (FOP) available with LAV, AAV or MH-60
- Deployable mortar with custom targeting system
- Ground reinforcements within range of a base of FOP
- Helo reinforcements available if terrain suitable for landing
- Extraction helo available if terrain suitable for landing
- CAS support helo
- 21 US base camps to resupply
- 3 different destroy objective types
- 2 different assasination objective types
- Clearing location objective types
- 2 different destroy vehicle objective types
- Rescue POW objective
- Aquire intel from active locations
- intel reports
- Satellite uplink

SLT Endgame r9
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame Empty ModDB Voting link

Post by nfmz1 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 02:01

This image should take you directly to the SLT ModDB to vote for it.

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame Moty-500

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame Empty Re: [SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame

Post by ddeo Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:00

"The file you have selected (SLT_ENDGAME_r7.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes."

Heeey! Very Happy

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame Empty Re: [SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 15:39

ddeo wrote:"The file you have selected (SLT_ENDGAME_r7.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes."

Heeey! Very Happy

This must have been a temporary issue caused by a server update. I checked the file and it is available again.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Fri 21 Dec 2012, 21:08

For some reason I'm still getting this error and I can't download SLT. Is there a chance for different mirror? Please? Smile

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by nfmz1 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 21:21

ddeo wrote:For some reason I'm still getting this error and I can't download SLT. Is there a chance for different mirror? Please? Smile

Version 7 Download
KDRA File Depot

But I was also able to download it from the link you say doesn't work.

nfmz1
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ddeo Fri 21 Dec 2012, 21:25

Big thanks, I got it. I don't say ModDB link doesn't work at all, I say it doesn't work for me. That's weird because I never had problems downloading stuff for ModDB. Anyway, once again big thanks for link!

ddeo
Veteran

Back to top Go down

[SP/Coop] Squad Level Tactics Endgame Empty SAVING REQUIREMENT

Post by sawit75 Sat 06 Apr 2013, 13:11

Hi,
i started playing this wonderful freeroam mission, but i have a problem, if i choose "objective based" the game saves with numpad "0" if i have no enemy contact, if i choose "freeroam" once landed with the copter at the first beach there is no way to save, nothing happend evev if i have no contact.
There is anything that i should do to save?

The tutorial says that i can restart without losing my progresses, how?

if a save became corrupted, can i restart without lose my progresses?

sawit75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 14:04

Hello. Happy to hear you are enjoying the mission!
To answer your first question, if the following conditions apply, you willl be able to save.

1. You must be at least 800m away from the nearest uncleared location
2. You must be currently undetected by any pla
3. You cannot be using any kind of helicopter support action at the time of the save CAS, helicopter reinforcement or extraction.
4. There can be no pow's or generals in the game at the time of the save
5. You can have no more than your base squad at ate time of the save, 4 echelons total
6. There must be no pla missile, radar or mortar crews in the game
7. There must be less than 30 entities in the game

You must meet ALL of those conditions to create a checkpoint. In freeroam mode, once you reacha beach you are generally breaking one of those rules. The best approach is to save when you are about 1km away from land on your final approach to the island. It should safely checkpoint there. Then when you land try to completely clear a 1km area around your camp or whatever location you set up. Then you will have a bit of a safe zone to work out from.

I know its hardcore as hell in the beginning because every inch of the island is hostile so it is important to establish a foothold of some kind right away. It is also loaded with hostiles so getting that foothold will not be easy.

To answer your second question, each profile you create for slt stores its own progress. Eachtime you save, the state of your campaing is stored to those files. As long as you haven'tchanged the profile, those files are loaded at every restart and checkpoint load. If your gamesave becomes corrupted simply restart the campaign and the save files will be loaded, returning the island to the state it was in when your gamesave failed.

In case you're wondering how to change/create a profile for slt, just go to the slt endgame folder and open the profile.txt file. Just type in your profile name of choice and save it. Now all of your progress with that profile will be saved exclusive to that profile.

On a final note, please reread the help file as I'm pretty sure all of these answers are contained therein.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sawit75 Sat 06 Apr 2013, 18:51

Thanks a lot,
i managed to take a save, after a wild fight.. wonderful work..
but.. on the next assault i remain blocked, the numpad menu had stopped working, as it were blocked in submenu "8", only buttons 1,2,3,4 worked with the functions of submenu 8-1, 8-2 (mission info) etc.. no way to save, and any other added aspect of the game was not working (intel gaining, respawn vehicle or men etc..)

..not a problem too big, i loaded prev checkpoint, but i loose a fierce 1h fight..

very nice work..

sawit75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 15:18

sawit75 wrote:Thanks a lot,
i managed to take a save, after a wild fight.. wonderful work..
but.. on the next assault i remain blocked, the numpad menu had stopped working, as it were blocked in submenu "8", only buttons 1,2,3,4 worked with the functions of submenu 8-1, 8-2 (mission info) etc.. no way to save, and any other added aspect of the game was not working (intel gaining, respawn vehicle or men etc..)

..not a problem too big, i loaded prev checkpoint, but i loose a fierce 1h fight..

very nice work..

In freeroam mode SLT can definitely present a challenge to even the most experienced players. It certainly takes the understanding that you need to concentrate more on manipulating the assets at your disposal than becoming directly involved in the fight.

I probably should post a little bit about the reload problem with SLT in the OP, but if I understand this correctly, you are saying you reloaded your mission and tried to move on but the hotkeys stopped working? If this is the case, there is a known issue on a cold restart of Dragon Rising that affects certain missions that demand a lot of the engine on a cold reload of the mission. This is certainly effecting SLT. The solution for this is to load your checkpoint when you start DR. Test your hotkeys about 10 seconds after the mission loads (the time it takes for the mission to initialize). If you are experiencing problems, simply reload the checkpoint. I have theorized that the game has to load all of it's assets from a cold start and it interferes with the mission code loading into memory causing failures. On reload of the mission it will work almost 100% of the time from not having to deal with loading game assets and mission assets at the same time. Give that a try if you still experience problems.

From a strategic point of view, when in freeroam, try to take little bites at a time out of your objectives. Organize a squad and move out with one nearby objective in mind, take it and return to base to save and reorganize. I also like to spawn one other soldier and an attack helicopter and go mortar hunting. You obviously have to be careful, but it's great fun to fly around and try to take out some of the strategic roadblocks before striking out with infantry or mechanized forces on the ground. I often find it useful to move into an attack position where I can observe the enemy presence in a location, then calling in the CAS helicopter using it to distract the enemy forces for a clean approach to the objective. When you do this you might want to make sure there are no missile or radar sites in the location you are engaging as the CAS helicopter will face a fierce anti air response. That can easily be taken care of by setting up your mortar bunker in range of the location first and using the sat cam to mortar the sam/radar site out of existence before calling in the helicopter.

Something that might help solve corruption issues with the game save is returning to base and dismissing your troops using hotkey 3-4. This removes your squad entities from the game and, IMHO, reduces the chance for corrupted data in the mission save.

Anyhow, just a couple of pointers to help you have a better experience with the mission. Happy to hear you are enjoying it. Of all the missions I've written, this one is the one I'm most proud of. It's encouraging to find people that appreciate it.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sawit75 Mon 08 Apr 2013, 07:40

Please forgive me 4 all the questions.. but the mission is really fun and i want to manage at best.. Wink
i read the txt tutorial, but info like save requirements and so on are not present..
Is There a chance to choose the respawning teams or soldiers types? (ex. all silenced for a stealth inserction behind the lines, in this way i killed my first general - cheers hurra!)
If i move the game (and SLT saves) to an other pc i can copy the OFDR folder in "mygames" or i have to carry on the files of my "profile" il SLT folder?
If i get the message "you left an unsecured area" i will find again all the defenses (when i come back) even if i have already killed troops, mobile AA or vehicles? (it happens with heli "hit n run" raids - i noticed that Sunburn, mortar, fixed AA and radar remain destroyed)
I could not fire mortar from sat-link, how can i manage numpad mortar menu (2) if i'm in sat-link and numpad is used to move view?
Thanks again..

sawit75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:03

sawit75 wrote:Please forgive me 4 all the questions.. but the mission is really fun and i want to manage at best.. Wink
i read the txt tutorial, but info like save requirements and so on are not present..
Is There a chance to choose the respawning teams or soldiers types? (ex. all silenced for a stealth inserction behind the lines, in this way i killed my first general - cheers hurra!)
If i move the game (and SLT saves) to an other pc i can copy the OFDR folder in "mygames" or i have to carry on the files of my "profile" il SLT folder?
If i get the message "you left an unsecured area" i will find again all the defenses (when i come back) even if i have already killed troops, mobile AA or vehicles? (it happens with heli "hit n run" raids - i noticed that Sunburn, mortar, fixed AA and radar remain destroyed)
I could not fire mortar from sat-link, how can i manage numpad mortar menu (2) if i'm in sat-link and numpad is used to move view?
Thanks again..
If you don't clear an area it will imediately gain reinforcements when you move far away from it as thee pla will still occupy the location. To fire mortars from satlink you must first set up a mortar bunker. Then go into satcam. When you have your target located with the satcam you press 5 to bring up the mortar fire menu. It will show you the game world coordinate on which you are firing.

There is no option to pick your soldiers in slt and since I've ceased development on the project there will not be in the future. At night you will get stealth and night ops troops though so you can manipulate the time to create a more stealth oriented squad.

You can take the SLT Endgame folder and copy it to any computer to maintail your campaign statistics, but you will have to start back in the helo. The island will be in the same state you left it.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sawit75 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 18:29

hi again,
i managed to get "completed" to all mission objective, have i to do something to end the mission or just quit?

sawit75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 18:46

You can try to take whatever locations are still left, there should stll be quite a few, roam around the island fighting stragglers or whatever you want. Good job on finishing all of the objectives. That can be quite a task. Truth is, the objectives are mainly there to give you something to shoot for. Things like the generals and AAA/missile objectives will no longer appear in the game when you have completed them, but the island will still be very active.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sawit75 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 20:19

ok, i'll just continue to clear what is left.. so the mission will not end, and all "stats" will be lost.. it's a pity, but the mission was great, thanks 4 your work..
i noticed another bug, sometimes (it happend 3 or 4 times) all the allied AI begin to crawl, and remain in this state..

sawit75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 20:30

sawit75 wrote:ok, i'll just continue to clear what is left.. so the mission will not end, and all "stats" will be lost.. it's a pity, but the mission was great, thanks 4 your work..
i noticed another bug, sometimes (it happend 3 or 4 times) all the allied AI begin to crawl, and remain in this state..

Not a bug. I may have forgotten to mention this, but you can control the stance of your squad if you turn numlock off. 1 = prone, 2 = crouch, 3 = stand, 5 = ai controlled stance.

Cheers Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sawit75 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 20:56

tvig0r0us wrote:
sawit75 wrote:ok, i'll just continue to clear what is left.. so the mission will not end, and all "stats" will be lost.. it's a pity, but the mission was great, thanks 4 your work..

Not a bug. I may have forgotten to mention this, but you can control the stance of your squad if you turn numlock off. 1 = prone, 2 = crouch, 3 = stand, 5 = ai controlled stance.

Cheers Very Happy

haha, so i shold have forced the stance..

sawit75

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Fri 15 Aug 2014, 03:50

Just updated the moddb page with the latest and greatest of Squad Level Tactics. This will likely be the last also as I've begun work on a new project as some of you know. This release is a complete package including the database and mssn for those that wish to screw up their minds trying to figure out how I made it. Lord knows it screwed up my mind Razz

SLT Endgame r9

Cheers:D
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down

Post by Morieza Sat 16 Aug 2014, 10:49

Downloaded...

last month, I just realized that SLT Endgame is... SUPER !!!

Thanks for making SLT Endgame,
Thanks for the update...
Morieza
Morieza

Back to top Go down

Post by Brus525 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 21:15

How does taking an objective/place work?  Whenever I seem to take and hold a town the enemies never seems to stop coming.  I mean, I'm holding the town from constant attack for about an hour.  Do enemy patrols respawn?  Do enemy fortifications/towns also respawn enemies?  Does this also apply to the older Squad Level Tactics (not Endgame)?

This mission/mod is great by the way!  I just want to know if I can slowly take over the island or if the level is meant to be playing in a quick hit and run style.

Brus525

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj4VxICUQEDUo2wQcGT7tTQ

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Tue 04 Nov 2014, 23:02

You just need to hold down the location until you get the message that you've taken it. The reinforcements will keep on coming based you your proximity to other uncleared locations. If you play on freeroam mode, which I recommend, taking loctions can be a long term affair and multiple objectives in the area can have a huge impact on the effectivity of your assault. You may need to take out a nearby mortar bunker before you assault a location for example.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the mission. Thanks for playing.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brus525 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 03:29

Another quick question.  In the sosltPlayer.cfg file I see this line.

pla_base - sets the baseline for the spawning system.  Do not set below 4 unless you like a mostly deserted island.

What specifically does this mean?

Brus525

Back to top Go down

Post by Brus525 Fri 07 Nov 2014, 22:35

A good example of the extraction helicopter

Brus525

Back to top Go down

Post by tvig0r0us Sat 08 Nov 2014, 18:53

Very cool vid. To answer your question from the previous post, the pla_base sets the minimum number of roaming pla in the game.. it's just sets a baseline number of roaming patrols to keep in the game so the island feels inhabited as you move around... all part of the smoke and mirrors Smile

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next