Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising OFDR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Each Player gets a Fireteam?

2 posters

Go down

Each Player gets a Fireteam? Empty Each Player gets a Fireteam?

Post by Brus525 Wed 12 Nov 2014, 14:11

I was wondering if it is possible to edit a mission so that in co-op each player would get their own fireteam?  Specifically, SLT Endgame?

Sorry if this is common knowledge as I'm pretty new to any editing.  My brother and I play a lot of co-op so we thought we could do more if we both could control our own fireteam.  I mostly tinker with the mission editor and the SLT Endgame.mssn file.  It wouldn't be as easy as just setting the control mode of the all the characters to Multiplayer Playable under the table of organization tab?

Brus525

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj4VxICUQEDUo2wQcGT7tTQ

Back to top Go down

Each Player gets a Fireteam? Empty Re: Each Player gets a Fireteam?

Post by tvig0r0us Wed 12 Nov 2014, 15:37

It can be done, but you're opening a very large can of worms. It's easy to do from the start, but when a player dies and respawns things get very complicated. One of the principal troubles is that SLT is a non EDX mission. There is a module that was designed by TJDagger to accommodate such a thing so you could download it and look over that code, but implementation into SLT could get tricky. It is doubtful that I'll have an opportunity to look at this, let alone do it, so taking pointers from the module would be your best shot. Sorry I can't be much more help, but I'm simply spread too thin right now. Best of luck and feel free to post your progress/problems here. I'll do my best to help you through it.

Cheers Very Happy
tvig0r0us
tvig0r0us
Admin

http://www.moddb.com/members/tvig0r0us

Back to top Go down